• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

NSFH Let's Talk Takeaways

Pizza
Any of my local Italians but this one is amazing… and expensive https://naughty.pizza/bedford/
The Carbopizza is immense and I live in a town that’s 50% Italian

Burgers..l locally I go to Herd which is great and copied by a lot of London places (it was in a few players for the Big Matt)
Chinese… I love Chinese but the missus loves Thai so we have a bit of scramble for what we have
Normally chicken balls, egg fried rice, crispy duck, Singapore vermicelli

Indian wise wise we have started going to some Nepalese ones
Lamb Piro is great
Dum Ki Nalli is cracking too. Curried lamb shank Basically
If in Central London and looking for a curry I tend to go to Cinnamon Bazar in Covent Garden

we now have 3 great Turkish restaurants and tend to got for yoghurt dishes
Favourites are Lamb Adana probably but we change

The Lebanese I used to go too has shut down and I cant remember what we ate there, but it was really good food

The Lebanese one, REEM? had some decent wraps from there.
Indian Summer my fav for a Ruby but brick loads of choice tbf!
Been to Royal Gurka which was good but there's another Nepalese one I've not tried.

will check that Italian not been

So, lads and ladettes, i've been doing some checks recently on the old Deliveroo app...

Wife is a vegetarian, there's a lovely Turkish nearby so we often used to order from there. Other day i log on Deliveroo, and her Veggie dish is £18 (more than a Shish or Adane). So yeh, we dont order.

Few weeks later we're passing, i pop in and we get take out, costs me £17.50.

Go home, check Deliveroo to order the EXACT same items - £35.75

Checked another restaurant after collecting takeout a few weeks after, the exact same order is £15 more on Deliveroo (around £2-3 more per dish).

Just be wary out there folks.

Edit: Obvs i was aware it cost slightly more, but some of the increases are nuts.

Takeout?

So, lads and ladettes, i've been doing some checks recently on the old Deliveroo app...

Wife is a vegetarian, there's a lovely Turkish nearby so we often used to order from there. Other day i log on Deliveroo, and her Veggie dish is £18 (more than a Shish or Adane). So yeh, we dont order.

Few weeks later we're passing, i pop in and we get take out, costs me £17.50.

Go home, check Deliveroo to order the EXACT same items - £35.75

Checked another restaurant after collecting takeout a few weeks after, the exact same order is £15 more on Deliveroo (around £2-3 more per dish).

Just be wary out there folks.

Edit: Obvs i was aware it cost slightly more, but some of the increases are nuts.

It's a rip off and service is awful, if there's anything wrong with your order they do nothing about it. All these places take your money and run, only exception is Uber who are really good - give you a refund right away if your driver takes a long route.

I prefer just driving down and picking up my food now.

It's a rip off and service is awful, if there's anything wrong with your order they do nothing about it. All these places take your money and run, only exception is Uber who are really good - give you a refund right away if your driver takes a long route.

I prefer just driving down and picking up my food now.

Yeh I used Uber once and got a dirty KFC when I was WFH and could not get away, took 45 mins from about 5 mins away and they refunded and gave me a voucher.

JustEat who generally had the lowest fees were ok and gave me £5 voucher when one order forgot a bottle of coke.

The best (in general) for refunds slightly off piste is Greggs, I got a cold sausage roll at London Bridge and so I tweeted them and they sent me a tenner....twice

It wasn’t a complaint about something I had, but the year Starbucks didn’t do the Eggnog Latte at Christmas in the UK I wrote a rambling email about how upset and disappointed I was, they sent me 10 free coffee vouchers, more importantly every year since they have been on the menu.

The first one is always the highlight of my year.

It wasn’t a complaint about something I had, but the year Starbucks didn’t do the Eggnog Latte at Christmas in the UK I wrote a rambling email about how upset and disappointed I was, they sent me 10 free coffee vouchers, more importantly every year since they have been on the menu.

Love that, I generally hate complaining to companies in the traditional sense, more to see what the reaction will be, generally companies gets it spot on in my experience

Love that, I generally hate complaining to companies in the traditional sense, more to see what the reaction will be, generally companies gets it spot on in my experience

It was very much “please bring them back” rather than “give me free stuff”.

Is this a quote from Viz?

The definition of First World problems!

Yeh I used Uber once and got a dirty KFC when I was WFH and could not get away, took 45 mins from about 5 mins away and they refunded and gave me a voucher.

JustEat who generally had the lowest fees were ok and gave me £5 voucher when one order forgot a bottle of coke.

The best (in general) for refunds slightly off piste is Greggs, I got a cold sausage roll at London Bridge and so I tweeted them and they sent me a tenner....twice

I need to up my complaining game!

I need to up my complaining game!

Haha, other than the ones where I was robbed of the drink etc I never expected anything, the Greggs complaint was quite satirical at the time too and the DM me with Voucher codes was pleasantly surprised.

Back