• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

NSFH Let's Talk Takeaways

Works well though
But 16 hours…..
I use their recipe and other than proofing time which you literally leave the dough to rise it’s about 10 minutes

I'm sure it does, quite fancy the oven myself, but I'd get very limited use with it up here, rains to fudging much.
The comment was more his choice of dough, 16 hours for a dough, especially when you can't tell what the weather will be in 10 minutes nevermind tomorrow.
Fast food.

I'm sure it does, quite fancy the oven myself, but I'd get very limited use with it up here, rains to fudging much.
The comment was more his choice of dough, 16 hours for a dough, especially when you can't tell what the weather will be in 10 minutes nevermind tomorrow.
Fast food.
We have a bread maker too and we sometimes use the dough from that

I’m really lucky that I have two Italian delis locally that I can get the cheese and ham from, and they all do tinnednpizza sauce if I’m really lazy. It’s all imported and decent prices

I wouldn’t recommend an ooni for indoors but my gas one wouldn’t be an issue I guess

A friend of mine lives in Largs and she uses the OOni recipe in her own oven and that works well

We have a bread maker too and we sometimes use the dough from that

I’m really lucky that I have two Italian delis locally that I can get the cheese and ham from, and they all do tinnednpizza sauce if I’m really lazy. It’s all imported and decent prices

I wouldn’t recommend an ooni for indoors but my gas one wouldn’t be an issue I guess

A friend of mine lives in Largs and she uses the OOni recipe in her own oven and that works well

Which breadmaker?
I have a Panasonic that i use every day, i must be on about my fifth one because I wear them out.
Find the pizza dough to be good although a bit inconsistent.
I'd really like to build a proper pizza oven, but weather just isn't good enough here. Just like I'd love a fire pit, but it get more use as a fish pond.

Which breadmaker?
I have a Panasonic that i use every day, i must be on about my fifth one because I wear them out.
Find the pizza dough to be good although a bit inconsistent.
I'd really like to build a proper pizza oven, but weather just isn't good enough here. Just like I'd love a fire pit, but it get more use as a fish pond.
Haven’t a clue TBH
It’s the wives toy, not mine
I’m going big on the fire pit this year. Started cooking on one last year and it really did make a difference to the flavour

Just ordered a ruby, been craving it all week.

Just me and my daughter tonight so a byriani, some sides and a couple of naans will be enough.

Today's main course will be a cheeseburger and fries at Beer + Burger with some lovely craft brews.

Had a Pork & Chicken Banh Mi today for lunch - for those that don't know Banh Mi is a Vietnamese baguette, filled with thinly sliced meat, pickled veg & coriander and is bloody lovely.

Will save the kebab for the High Road tomorrow

Been on a diet for a month, no beer, carbs, fizzies etc, lost a fair bit of timber as a result, treating myself to a takeaway today as a cheat meal, mixed kebab for me...

What I have found I have a taste for on the diet to spice up some dishes is Franks Hot Sauce, love the stuff at the minute

Been on a diet for a month, no beer, carbs, fizzies etc, lost a fair bit of timber as a result, treating myself to a takeaway today as a cheat meal, mixed kebab for me...

What I have found I have a taste for on the diet to spice up some dishes is Franks Hot Sauce, love the stuff at the minute
Franks is awesome, we have it a lot on differing snacks and dinners

So, lads and ladettes, i've been doing some checks recently on the old Deliveroo app...

Wife is a vegetarian, there's a lovely Turkish nearby so we often used to order from there. Other day i log on Deliveroo, and her Veggie dish is £18 (more than a Shish or Adane). So yeh, we dont order.

Few weeks later we're passing, i pop in and we get take out, costs me £17.50.

Go home, check Deliveroo to order the EXACT same items - £35.75

Checked another restaurant after collecting takeout a few weeks after, the exact same order is £15 more on Deliveroo (around £2-3 more per dish).

Just be wary out there folks.

Edit: Obvs i was aware it cost slightly more, but some of the increases are nuts.

So, lads and ladettes, i've been doing some checks recently on the old Deliveroo app...

Wife is a vegetarian, there's a lovely Turkish nearby so we often used to order from there. Other day i log on Deliveroo, and her Veggie dish is £18 (more than a Shish or Adane). So yeh, we dont order.

Checked another restaurant after collecting takeout a few weeks after, the exact same order is £15 more on Deliveroo (around £2-3 more per dish).

Edit: Obvs i was aware it cost slightly more, but some of the increases are nuts.

Yeh there is a double dipping going on round my way too. You pay service, delivery and an increase on menu priced

If possible I order direct as the local Kebab and Chinese deliver for free.

yes it’s always been more expensive but we noticed a few weeks back when ordering in fish and chips that it was over £25 for 2x fish and 1 x chips by the time all the service/delivery and other random fees were added in. Extortionate really. We still paid it then but unlikely to do so again.

Back