• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

NSFH Let's Talk Takeaways

Grays_1890

Colin Calderwood
Not sure if there is a thread on this but sadly I'm always intrigued on people take away or restaurant choices.

So tonight gone for Chinese from a gaff called Taya in Purley which never fails and gone:

Salt & Pepper Chips
Crispy Chili Beef
Chicken Balls
Chicken Chow Mein

Chinese food is a treat these days as its so fecking expensive

What's everyone's go to take aways?

Chinese:

Crispy shredded chilli beef
Sweet and sour pork balls
Duck chow mein

Split all 3 dishes onto 3 plates and eat over 3 nights

Indian:

Lamb rogan josh
Lamb dansak
2 cheese nans (no rice)

Rogan first night, dansak second.

Basically lots of tasty meat (so not chicken) and minimal carbs/gluten

Our go to Saturday night takeaway is Chinese

Mixed Starter for 2
Duck (On special occasions)
Chicken Green Pepper & Black Bean Sauce
Fillet Steak Schezchaun Style
King Prawns Deep Fried in Chilli & Salt
Special Fried Rice

Indian, we never have as I'm allergic to Ghee

Fried Chicken - https://www.shwings.co.uk/ (AMAZING)

BBQ Food - https://www.theoddfellowsarms.com/takeaway/

Burgers - I love Five Guys

I've never had a Five Guys, heard you get a sack of chips with it which tempts me....are they decent?

Turkish is one of my all time favs, when I lived in Edmonton Kervan was a real go to for me, loved it

Chinese:

Salt and pepper chicken wings
Salt and pepper spare ribs
Garlic and chilli king prawns
Roast duck and rice or special fried rice or Beef curry and rice

Thai:

Beef or Chicken or Lamb or Duck Red curry and rice (or equivalent Green curry and rice, if i'm feeling i want more heat)

Turkish:

Meat pide
Mix grill (minimum with chicken wings and lamb ribs) and rice

Caribbean:

Jerk chicken and rice OR Curry goat and rice OR Oxtail stew and rice

Nigerian:

Beef or Goat suya or pepper soup
Beef Jollof rice OR Pounded yam and egusi soup
Puff puff

Ghanaian:

Whole spiced guinea fowl with rice

Corporate:

- Five Guys, Nandos, Morleys (mainly S London only but has spread further afield a bit)

Last edited:
Before going Vegetarian a proper Indian was already the best shout but even more so afterwards. By choosing not to eat animal flesh you're realistically reducing your options of taste pleasure with certain takeaways, to the point where it's just not worth the cost when you can prepare nicer stuff yourself a la Maison.

My favourite combos being a Jalfrezi with a peshwari naan, a pathia with lemon rice, or a Dansak alongside something less sweet like a garlic fried rice. Ideally from an Indian that has paneer as a substitute for the dead animals, or at the very least has a proper mix vegetables not just loads of potatoes in there.

Thai / Pan Asian (I'm not really sure how many / which countries that term covers ) is always a great one for a variety of flavours and much to Priti Patel's disgust I do rather like Tofu. Had a nasi goreng a month or so ago with gyozas + broccoli with that exquisitely smoky kind of soy sauce which was a banging choice too.

Last edited:
I've never had a Five Guys, heard you get a sack of chips with it which tempts me....are they decent?

Turkish is one of my all time favs, when I lived in Edmonton Kervan was a real go to for me, loved it

They do bacon bits in a milkshake, which I was strongly recommended and whilst palettes differ, I just found it pretty gross but worth trying anything once I guess!

On the whole I didn't really see enough of an upgrade in quality for how much it cost compared to a McDonalds or something like that, it could have just been an off day (an off burger?) as some people swear by five guys but I was just shocked by the bill and left underwhelmed by the food tbh.

They do bacon bits in a milkshake, which I was strongly recommended and whilst palettes differ, I just found it pretty gross but worth trying anything once I guess!

On the whole I didn't really see enough of an upgrade in quality for how much it cost compared to a McDonalds or something like that, it could have just been an off day (an off burger?) as some people swear by five guys but I was just shocked by the bill and left underwhelmed by the food tbh.

Yeh the reason Ive always knocked it on the head is because I usually grab a burger on the Hoffman somewhere so for me as a filler I don't wanna pay the prices I've seen.

BUT that said I will give it a go to try it out

It's defo lumpy price wise but for me it's a very nice filling burger

I also like Honest Burger too, they do a smash burger which is very tasty, normally our pre-match Spurs night game fodder at Liverpool St

Anyone had German Doner Kebab? Got one local to us, I would like to give it a try as I haven't had a kebab for about 30 years and never without a few beers in me.

Anyone had German Doner Kebab? Got one local to us, I would like to give it a try as I haven't had a kebab for about 30 years and never without a few beers in me.

Yeh they are very decent TBH, Beef and Chicken if I remember, no Lamb

But I found them decent

Are you Cheam way? I am Wallington, was Sutton, I liked Sofra outside Sutton Station

Yeh they are very decent TBH, Beef and Chicken if I remember, no Lamb

But I found them decent

Are you Cheam way? I am Wallington, was Sutton, I liked Sofra outside Sutton Station

No I ain't posh, I'm Sidcup. Does anyone go to pie and mash shops? I use to have to go shopping on Saturday with my mum and nan when I was a kid at Ridley Road market and they always went and had that or jellied eels, they had live eels squirming about in a unit in the front of the shop and chop them up in front of customers, put me off for life.

No I ain't posh, I'm Sidcup. Does anyone go to pie and mash shops? I use to have to go shopping on Saturday with my mum and nan when I was a kid at Ridley Road market and they always went and had that or jellied eels, they had live eels squirming about in a unit in the front of the shop and chop them up in front of customers, put me off for life.

Ain't been for years, never fancy it ever TBH

There is one oppo WHL which is a posh one, does goat etc, well punchy for what it is, not that I have partaken

Back