• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Spine

After more than 100 games for Madrid, Ronaldo is still not very good in goal.

Ronaldo would perform on the left, right or centre.

It seems that Dempsey/Sig can only play in one position with one man - wow. I mean talk about restricted ability. If they dont play just off Adebayor then they are fairly useless (so it seems). People criticise Defoe for being limited yet these two people are shoehorning as being limited in ability yet given the benefit of the doubt because they havent been able to play in their very limited position i.e. Ade up top.

Imagine if we had 10 others who could only play with Ade - we would be really stuck.

He had partially realised his potential but last season injuries stunted his progress. I'm not saying he is perfect but as a squad player and against teams who we need a passer against - he is a great option to have. He does have faults but so does Xavi or Iniesta etc.

Sigg and Dempsey wont get to 200 games I think and I think that is testament to someone like Hudd who did get to those numbers. Put it this way I would never have the aforementioned two above Hudd and that's not down to anything other than Hudd being better in terms of what we need at times and even to be honest what he has shown this season (considering his injuries)

i am not saying that either Dempsey or Siggy will get anywhere near 200 games, what i am saying is that Hudd is still being talked about as having potential by some supporters, after nearly 200 games i would want to see more then that.

i am sorry, but what the hell has that got to do with it.

You're suggesting that after 200 games Hudd should be better at the things you want him to do, not what he's in the team for. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but he never will be good at the things you want him to be good at. Charlie Adam isn't bad at them though.

Taking your point to its logical extension would mean that Real sell Ronaldo for being no good in goal.

You're suggesting that after 200 games Hudd should be better at the things you want him to do, not what he's in the team for. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but he never will be good at the things you want him to be good at. Charlie Adam isn't bad at them though.

Taking your point to its logical extension would mean that Real sell Ronaldo for being no good in goal.

He should be better at football, yet that's not what he's in the team for?

I see, right we have a CM player ( Hudd) who can not tackle, can not head a ball, lets opposing M/F players run past him and who's defensive reading of a game is shocking.

Now i used to earn a living at coaching and all M/F players need to do those things, the occasional hollywood ball is not enough of a return to play in that position.

I see, right we have a CM player ( Hudd) who can not tackle, can not head a ball, lets opposing M/F players run past him and who's defensive reading of a game is shocking.

Now i used to earn a living at coaching and all M/F players need to do those things, the occasional hollywood ball is not enough of a return to play in that position.

There are plenty of professional footballers at a really high level who are crap at passing. Not all players can be great at everything.

Your use of the term "Hollywood pass" unfortunately belies your pre-conceived opinions about football. What those of us who love the beautiful game see as a difficult/talented/exceptional/entertaining skill, you see as some kind of showboating.

Of course Huddlestone can be improved upon. If we could swap him for a Blanchflower or Pirlo in their primes I'd be delighted, but we have to be realistic about who our club can currently attract.

But he can tackle, we've seen it. He can head, but that is not his game, letting midfielders run past him? I've seen the very best do the same. That is what the likes of Sandro or Parker are for. He was nothing short of brilliant during 2009-10.

There are plenty of professional footballers at a really high level who are crap at passing. Not all players can be great at everything.

Your use of the term "Hollywood pass" unfortunately belies your preconceived opinions about football. What those of us who love the beautiful game see as a difficult/talented/exceptional/entertaining skill, you see as some kind of showboating.

Of course Huddlestone can be improved upon. If we could swap him for a Blanchflower or Pirlo in their primes I'd be delighted, but we have to be realistic about who our club can currently attract.

I am so sorry but you are out of order with that statement, you have no idea what if any preconceived opinions i have/have not and its presumptuous of you to say it.

My favourite spurs player of all time is Hoddle and he was the best at the " beautiful " game. As for players being great at everything i have mentioned what ( imo) Hudd can not do, it would be good if you can tell me what in your opinion he is good at. Rather then suggesting, impling what my opinions on football are.

I am so sorry but you are out of order with that statement, you have no idea what if any preconceived opinions i have/have not and its presumptuous of you to say it.

My favourite spurs player of all time is Hoddle and he was the best at the " beautiful " game. As for players being great at everything i have mentioned what ( imo) Hudd can not do, it would be good if you can tell me what in your opinion he is good at. Rather then suggesting, impling what my opinions on football are.

Apologies if I've offended, but would you use Hollywood pass in a derogatory manner towards Hoddle?

Hudd (when on form) is the only player in our squad who can dictate the direction and tempo of play in order to stretch and pick apart a settled opposition.

Anyway, I'm leaving for the Lane now so if you want to continue you'll have to buy me a pint before the match ;)

But he can tackle, we've seen it. He can head, but that is not his game, letting midfielders run past him? I've seen the very best do the same. That is what the likes of Sandro or Parker are for. He was nothing short of brilliant during 2009-10.

well i guess we will have to disagree, i do not expect Hudd to be a Sandro or a Parker but ALL CM players have to track opposing players and he never does. He has been at the club for 7 years and he came in on a wave of hype and has never lived up to it.

Apologies if I've offended, but would you use Hollywood pass in a derogatory manner towards Hoddle?

Hudd (when on form) is the only player in our squad who can dictate the direction and tempo of play in order to stretch and pick apart a settled opposition.

Anyway, I'm leaving for the Lane now so if you want to continue you'll have to buy me a pint before the match ;)

Fair enough and i will take you up on that pint before the season ends :)

Back