• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Spine

My greatest worry is that without King, Kaboul (inj), Modric, Parker (inj), Van Der Vaart and, pretty much, Adebayor (inj) that the whole exciting spine of our team from the past 1/2 years has just been wiped out and not replaced.

Let's be honest our first XI and our squad in general isn't as good as it was last year. We're doing a Liverpool really. Selling brilliant players, bringing in average ones and losing the remaining key players to injury. Lloris, Vertonghen and Dembele have done well to replace them but those names above are a HUGE loss to any team.

As much as we should never have lost a 13 point lead over Arsenal and some can say that the England stuff was unforgivable... it pains me to see us achieve so much over the past few years, to get to some dizzying heights, to be fighting for the premiership title for a few months and now, barely a few months later, we can just about string a pass together between Dempsey, Sigurdsson and Huddlestone.

Why are we suddenly in this development and reconstruction period when it wasn't necessary?! We were going places. It really upsets me that in 5 months we have undone all of our hard work of the past 3 or 4 years.

What do you think? Am I being overly critical because of the pain of the Wigan defeat or is there a method to my madness?

FFS take Hudd out of that. Oh yeah sure we KNOW he's not back to what he was before he got injured, but for crying out loud man, give us all a break.

Form is temporary, class permanent and all that.

We play differently from Chelsea - its evidence that AVB is trying to adapt. And also you have to discount for the transfer window that took out a good four games that would have been critical for rebuilding a new team. We do have an emerging style of short neat passing, but I agree with you that overall we don't seem to have settled into a winning system of play yet. Then again, it is early days and one mired with injuries, and Bale missing a couple.

We are a club in transition despite the good results so far, I don't think we can conclude anything as yet. I'm expecting some big changes to roll in after Jan - transfers, Brad and Gallas (and possibly Defoe) sidelined permanently... if we get back of best first eleven, I think we are in for a better second half of season.

Ergo that phrase is a complete and utter load of tosh.

There is nothing to say he will ever regain that form, there is also nothing to say he won't.
Strictly speaking I suppose you are correct. Even a Messi could get injured tomorrow and never recover.

I'm clearly wasting my time with some so-called fans.

Strictly speaking I suppose you are correct. Even a Messi could get injured tomorrow and never recover.

I'm clearly wasting my time with some so-called fans.

*facepalm*

So because some people have a more pessimistic view of things then you, they become 'so-called fans'?

*facepalm*

So because some people have a more pessimistic view of things then you, they become 'so-called fans'?
I would frankly expect any self-respecting fan to make some sort of allowance for Thudd on the expectation that once he recovers FULL match fitness - something most players who have had a long lay off can take a while to regain - he will once again achieve the sparkling level of performance that helped us qualify and reach the QFs of the CL. Do dismiss such a player whilst he is still in the process of coming back is in my view nothing short of contemptible.

I think we have to cut Hudd and Ade a bit of slack. In an ideal world all our players are fit as butcher's dogs but Parker, Dembele, Sandro and Jake are all out. Sigg has just joined us. AVB wanted Tom to get match fit elsewhere but he is doing so with us. IMO he is improving with every game.

I think we have to cut Hudd and Ade a bit of slack. In an ideal world all our players are fit as butcher's dogs but Parker, Dembele, Sandro and Jake are all out. Sigg has just joined us. AVB wanted Tom to get match fit elsewhere but he is doing so with us. IMO he is improving with every game.[/QUOTE]

Take you Hudd tinted glasss off, he has been shocking all season.

Villas Boas on Huddlestone before the Wigan game:

"Hopefully we can bring him back to the level that he was at and the expectation of the talent that he can be.

"He has been extremely good and his passing ability is tremendous.

"The way he has settled in the team and assumed responsibility, for a player who was out for so much time and to play this amount of games in such a short time, is all credit to him.

"In the summer we made that possibility for him to go to Stoke to give him more time to be back to that match fitness.

"Fortunately for him things have worked out and he has battled his way into the team."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8221203/Tottenham-boss-Andre-Villas-Boas-pleased-with-Tom-Huddlestone-s-responsibility-

I think we have to cut Hudd and Ade a bit of slack. In an ideal world all our players are fit as butcher's dogs but Parker, Dembele, Sandro and Jake are all out. Sigg has just joined us. AVB wanted Tom to get match fit elsewhere but he is doing so with us. IMO he is improving with every game.[/QUOTE]

So has Sig/Dempsey - yet you wanna give him more time? Thudd has done more in his career than someone such as Sig has yet people wanna cut him slack just because he is new? Whats with the hypocrisy around loyalty. We slate players for leaving and showing no loyalty yet we have no loyalty ourselves to players like Thudd etc.

So has Sig/Dempsey - yet you wanna give him more time? Thudd has done more in his career than someone such as Sig has yet people wanna cut him slack just because he is new? Whats with the hypocrisy around loyalty. We slate players for leaving and showing no loyalty yet we have no loyalty ourselves to players like Thudd etc.

Once Sigg/Dempsey has played as many as Hudd has ( nearly 200 games for us ) then i will say the same, fans are always going on about his potential but after that amount of games he still has the same faults he started with.

Villas Boas on Huddlestone before the Wigan game:

"Hopefully we can bring him back to the level that he was at and the expectation of the talent that he can be.

"He has been extremely good and his passing ability is tremendous.

"The way he has settled in the team and assumed responsibility, for a player who was out for so much time and to play this amount of games in such a short time, is all credit to him.

"In the summer we made that possibility for him to go to Stoke to give him more time to be back to that match fitness.

"Fortunately for him things have worked out and he has battled his way into the team."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8221203/Tottenham-boss-Andre-Villas-Boas-pleased-with-Tom-Huddlestone-s-responsibility-

So what else do you exspect a good manager to say? he is trying to lift his players.

Once Sigg/Dempsey has played as many as Hudd has ( nearly 200 games for us ) then i will say the same, fans are always going on about his potential but after that amount of games he still has the same faults he started with.

He had partially realised his potential but last season injuries stunted his progress. Im not saying he is perfect but as a squad player and against teams who we need a passer against - he is a great option to have. He does have faults but so does Xavi or Iniesta etc.

Sigg and Dempsey wont get to 200 games I think and I think that is testament to someone like Hudd who did get to those numbers. Put it this way I would never have the aforementioned two above Hudd and thats not down to anything other than Hudd being better in terms of what we need at times and even to be honest what he has shown this season (considering his injuries)

You guys see no reason to doubt that a player who is being described like this by his manager "has been shocking all season"?

They have decided with their own eyes that he is shocking.

Surely that is a preferable move compared with listening to the media or anyone else, including our manager.

After more than 100 games for Madrid, Ronaldo is still not very good in goal.

Back