• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
many of you are under selling our club. from where we sit tottenham hotspur may not seem much cos we see it for all its faults but outside the uk the epl is considered the hub of football. we are the only top team in the country without a manager so many will see it as the best job available. if we play our cards right and do well till the end of the season we can get a big name if levy is shrewd enough.

I don't think we overpaid for Lamela. I hadn't watched him personally but his c.v would say that's the going rate for a player of that calibre. He was a star in Argentina, Roma then paid(I'm going to copy and paste this as it's quite complex) €12 million, plus €2 million in bonuses, which was activated after his 20th club appearance.[7] Roma also paid an additional €3.2 million to Orel B.V.[8] — plus 10% added value if the player is later sold above €12 million — and €3.06 million in the form of taxes to the Government of Argentina for a 19 year old. He had one settling in season with Roma, the following season he hit 15 goals as a 20yr old winger and was widely accepted as one of the brightest young talents in the world. Spurs pay a club record £26m for him and don't play him, bonkers.

maybe this is the key and he is not one of the "hit the ground running" type of players

****, are we actually getting Spalletti then? I'm a bit too ****ed to read the last few pages.

No. Can't see Levy appointing anyone with limited english tbh.

Van Gaal is the latest name in the frame according to the papers tonight.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-tottenham-manager-louis-van-2951275?

Holland boss Louis van Gaal top of Tottenham's wish list to fill vacant manager position

Spurs will try to convince the Dutch FA that the former Barcelona boss would be able to job share until after the World Cup

Louis van Gaal has moved to the top of Tottenham’s wanted list.

The 62-year-old Dutchman is currently in charge of Holland and his highly-successful track record at has impressed the Tottenham board.

Van Gaal has won domestic and European trophies at Ajax, AZ Alkmaar, Bayern Munich and Barcelona.

A key issue for Spurs is when Van Gaal can be recruited. He is committed to leading Holland to next summer’s World Cup finals but there are few international commitments before then.

Holland have just two friendlies. The issue will be whether the Dutch FA will consider a job share approach.

Van Gaal has gone on record to state that his one remaining ambition is to lead a top English club. If he has to stay solely in the Holland job a caretaker like Tim Sherwood could be asked to step in until the end of the season.

Chairman Daniel Levy and his board will now take their time to ensure the next appointment is the right one following the dismissal of Andre Villas-Boas six days ago.

Levy is also set to review the performance of Technical Director Franco Baldini.

It has been suggested that one of the major problems for Villas-Boas was that Baldini signed players without the knowledge of the Portuguese manager. And the huge £30 million outlay on Erik Lamela from Roma has seemed a questionable investment.

A figure as experienced and with the personality of Van Gaal would not welcome any such interference .

Levy and his board are also frustrated at the suggestions they have ignored the wishes of the fans who are demanding more transparency from the hierarchy regarding the hiring and firing of managers.

A source close to the board said: “That is just not true. There is regular contact between the board and the Tottenham Supporters Trust over all sorts of issues.

“The opinions of the fans are absorbed and are regarded as very important. When the time is right, they will go public with their plans. But the time is not right at the moment. It would be unwise to let everyone know what your intentions are while they try to get the man they want. It would be like letting other clubs know what players you are after in the transfer market.”

Niko Kovač, because he's dreamy and will bring back some much needed Croatian sex appeal that we lost and have never replaced after the departure of Sexxxniko and Vedran.... Not so much rat boy.

Why not Karl Robinson at Milton Keynes......

plays a decent style....attents every youth game.......and has worked tirelessly improving young players.....

One of those nice managerial appts that no-one expects....and you never know it might just work.

No. Can't see Levy appointing anyone with limited english tbh.

Van Gaal is the latest name in the frame according to the papers tonight.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-tottenham-manager-louis-van-2951275?

Holland boss Louis van Gaal top of Tottenham's wish list to fill vacant manager position

Spurs will try to convince the Dutch FA that the former Barcelona boss would be able to job share until after the World Cup

Louis van Gaal has moved to the top of Tottenham’s wanted list.

The 62-year-old Dutchman is currently in charge of Holland and his highly-successful track record at has impressed the Tottenham board.

Van Gaal has won domestic and European trophies at Ajax, AZ Alkmaar, Bayern Munich and Barcelona.

A key issue for Spurs is when Van Gaal can be recruited. He is committed to leading Holland to next summer’s World Cup finals but there are few international commitments before then.

Holland have just two friendlies. The issue will be whether the Dutch FA will consider a job share approach.

Van Gaal has gone on record to state that his one remaining ambition is to lead a top English club. If he has to stay solely in the Holland job a caretaker like Tim Sherwood could be asked to step in until the end of the season.

Chairman Daniel Levy and his board will now take their time to ensure the next appointment is the right one following the dismissal of Andre Villas-Boas six days ago.

Levy is also set to review the performance of Technical Director Franco Baldini.

It has been suggested that one of the major problems for Villas-Boas was that Baldini signed players without the knowledge of the Portuguese manager. And the huge £30 million outlay on Erik Lamela from Roma has seemed a questionable investment.

A figure as experienced and with the personality of Van Gaal would not welcome any such interference .

Levy and his board are also frustrated at the suggestions they have ignored the wishes of the fans who are demanding more transparency from the hierarchy regarding the hiring and firing of managers.

A source close to the board said: “That is just not true. There is regular contact between the board and the Tottenham Supporters Trust over all sorts of issues.

“The opinions of the fans are absorbed and are regarded as very important. When the time is right, they will go public with their plans. But the time is not right at the moment. It would be unwise to let everyone know what your intentions are while they try to get the man they want. It would be like letting other clubs know what players you are after in the transfer market.”

Danners9 gave this guy a bad personality review. oTherwise he would have been my number one choice

one thing that people need to be aware of though

he played a possession , tempo shifting type of game quite frequently when he looked after ajax

Louis van Gaal is an interesting option I'd not considered. He's got the experience although other the years I'm sure he's managed to get a reputation as an authoritarian when it comes to his squad and his position, it would be one extreme from the friendly AVB to the other with van Gaal. But the idea of Dutch total football makes my salivate at the thought, but I'd expect a slow response from our players whilst they try to adapt, hes not unlike AVB in that the depth of his tactics require brains as well as feet, and as we know this squad never seemed to be the best at executing complex tactics.

Just a thought....if Sherwood takes over until at least the end of the season how about Hoddle taking on Sherwood's role as technical director. Probably the most natural fit for Glenn's experiences and successes.

dow8.jpg

I personally think we need a manager who has Premier League experience. The PL is the bread and butter of our existence and until we are qualifying regularly for the CL I don't see any need for a continental manager/coach. Of the current PL managers in jobs:

Wenger/Pelligrini/Mourinho/Rodgers/Martinez/Moyes would not leave their clubs to come to us:
Muelensteen, Poyet, Hughes and Pullis have just taken their jobs
Which leaves:
Pochettino, Pardew, Laudrup, Lambert, Hughton, Mackay, Bruce, Allardyce.

The following have left PL jobs within the last 3 years (those with * in another job):
Mancini*, Benitez*, Di Matteo, Ancelotti*, Dalglish, Ferguson, Jol, Di Canio, O'Neill*, Holloway, Warnock, Adkins*, McLeish, Grant, Zola, Coyle, Keen, 'Arry*!

Top performing managers in Championship:
Sean Dyche, Nigel Pearson, 'Arry, Steve McLaren.

which means there is really very little to pick from.If we all agree that 'arry has been our most successful manager over the last 20 years - whether you like him (which I do) or not you cant deny that he has had nearly 4 years in charge and finished 4th, 5th, 4th - he may have underachieved in some minds but in relative terms most successful we have had. Therefore would it make sense to find someone with the same credentials that 'arry had when we appointed him. He hadn't managed a 'big club'before or at least we were the biggest club he had come to, had just one FA Cup to his name and had usually finished no higher than mid table. He had however, worked at a club (West Ham) with traditions of playing football the way we want.

Alan Pardew anyone??

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't want van Gaal. He's one of the iconic figures of world football of course, but something just feels wrong about it at this point in our and his history.

I would also rate the chances of a Holland-Spurs job-share exceptionally low.

Back