• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Would Van Gaal come to Spurs? Not sure that he would. However if he is our first choice, we should just get on with it and put the call in. If he says no or wont decide til the summer, then we move on to no 2. I'm concerned that this temporary flux which we're in could run and run and during a part of the season when we have a number of games.

There aren't a huge number of decent candidates out there however I would hope we could get one of Van Gaal, Spaletti, de Boer or Yakin - all have their pros/cons but none would represent a stupid bet or a gamble

I want Tim, he knows Levy, the others don't. That's half the battle.

I would say that having actually managed a senior football team is slightly more important than knowing Levy. Have nothing against Sherwood but appointing someone who has never done the job before is a massive gamble, particularly in a situation like Spurs are in at the moment. It works in some situations, like Guardiola at Barca etc, but most of the times where it works the team is either settled or expecations are low. We have a decent squad on paper which needs to be turned into a decent team on grass....that needs someone who has done the job before

I want Tim, he knows Levy, the others don't. That's half the battle.

I would say that having actually managed a senior football team is slightly more important than knowing Levy. Have nothing against Sherwood but appointing someone who has never done the job before is a massive gamble, particularly in a situation like Spurs are in at the moment. It works in some situations, like Guardiola at Barca etc, but most of the times where it works the team is either settled or expecations are low. We have a decent squad on paper which needs to be turned into a decent team on grass....that needs someone who has done the job before

Not necessarily although some of what you say is correct.

Who you work with is vital for how you progress in achieving what is desired i.e. same wavelength and same ideologies and philosophies, anyone in a managerial position would know.

Thats why promotions from within an organisation is more beneficial as you have the inside knowledge of what goes on and how things are done - this works both way top to bottom and bottom up approach. Now of course im using business as an analogy but actually football is a business.

I was promoted from within and it was a seamless transition simply because I knew how everything worked although I didnt have experience in certain facets but ive become a success, and Tim im sure could transition into the role in the same manner.

I think it would be a wise wise move to wait till the end of the season and evaluate the position then.

Van Gaal is a nutcase. Arrogant and temperamental. Might be able to whip some performances out of the squad though.

The Viking went straight for Temporary Tim pre-match on Norwegian TV.

"Should have nothing to do with Tottenham Hotspur first team. Lacks in all departments and has no experience. Simply ridiculous the way he is in the media trying to land the job. Big dream is Hiddink until the summer. " (freely translated)

Said reason Temporary Tim is in the club was supposedly that he is friends with Jamie Redknapp and pressed Levys right buttons during Harrys stay. Hoddle threw Sherwood out of the team with message "you will never play for this club again" after he didn't show up for game.

Lineker is Levys hero, and Linekers support for Hoddle will get noticed.

Last edited:

"Should have nothing to do with Tottenham Hotspur first team. Lacks in all departments and has no experience. Simply ridiculous the way he is in the media trying to land the job. Would absolutely love Hiddink until the summer. " (freely translated)

Said reason Temporary Tim is in the club was supposedly that he is friends with Jamie Redknapp and pressed Levys right buttons during Harrys stay.

Why would that help him?

Ajax 1-0 down going into last 5 mins, de Boer throws on a 17yo centre-back for his debut, who scores twice in 3 minutes to win the game.

Just remembered something Hoddle said about setting up the team in a 3-5-2 in attack to keep it safe but dangerous and then going back to a 442 when in defence. The man is pretty much echoing what I have seen from Guardiola, with Bayern switching to a back three when attacking, although they play more of a 3-6-1 it still is similar in it's deployment. I'm not a fan of Hoddles proposed 3-5-2 with Townsend in the hole and three out and out centre backs, but I am a fan of the concept and if he got the job and went for it in the end with someone more suited to the #10 role and a DM as the third centre half I'd be on board.

Spurs don't want Glenn Hoddle as their new manager

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/spurs-dont-want-glenn-hoddle-as-their-new-manager-9020262.html

Tottenham Hotspur have ruled out an approach to Glenn Hoddle even though he will confirm on television today that he is keen to become manager of the north London club for the second time.

Hoddle, 56, this afternoon will face questions about his future when appearing as a studio guest for Sky Sports' coverage of Spurs' Premier League trip to Southampton.

Hoddle was previously in charge from 2001 to 2003, finishing ninth and 10th in his two full seasons and reaching a League Cup final before being sacked by Daniel Levy, the Spurs chairman, after only six games of the following campaign.

But it is understood that Levy is not prepared to mount such a major u-turn. Tim Sherwood, the caretaker manager, is aware that his chances of securing the job will almost certainly depend on today's result. A second defeat in four days will probably persuade Levy he must step up his search outside the club......

Dutch media with some more stuff on van Gaal. Would be good news for Dembele obviously

Tottenham Hotspur wil Van Gaal
zondag 22 dec 2013

Tottenham Hotspur wil Louis van Gaal aanstellen als hoofdtrainer. De NOS heeft dit uit betrouwbare bron bevestigd gekregen. Engelse media speculeren inmiddels volop over de aanstelling.

Tottenham wil Van Gaal het liefst per direct aantrekken, waarbij volgens de club uit Londen een combinatie met het werk als bondscoach mogelijk is. Als Van Gaal pas na de zomer zou willen komen, stelt de club een interim-manager aan.

Voor Tottenham Hotspur verloopt het seizoen vooralsnog teleurstellend. Na de 0-5 nederlaag tegen Liverpool afgelopen zondag nam de club afscheid van trainer André Villas-Boas.
Stoppen of Premier League

Van Gaal heeft als bondscoach bij de KNVB een contract dat loopt tot en met het WK van 2014. Daarna zet hij in principe een punt achter zijn trainersloopbaan, maar ook heeft hij in het verleden diverse malen aangegeven nog eens als manager in de Engelse top te willen werken.

Op 31 mei van dit jaar liet hij zich tijdens een persconferentie in Hoenderloo in soortgelijke bewoordingen uit. "Zoals ik er nu over denk, stop ik ermee, met coachen. Afscheid. Maar als een mooie Premier League-club zich meldt, wil ik nog wel eens overwegen dat te doen", zei Van Gaal toen.

Louis van Gaal liet zondag via de KNVB weten niet te willen reageren.

http://nos.nl/artikel/589678-tottenham-hotspur-wil-van-gaal.html

Tottenham Hotspur , Van Gaal
Sunday 22 Dec 2013

Tottenham Hotspur wants Louis van Gaal appointment as head coach . The NIS has this been confirmed from a reliable source . British media speculating now fully on the appointment .

Tottenham , Van Gaal prefers attract immediately , which, according to the London club may be a combination of work as a coach . If Van Gaal would come only after the summer , the club an interim manager .

Tottenham Hotspur 's season runs still disappointing. After the 0-5 defeat against Liverpool last Sunday , the club said goodbye to coach Andre Villas- Boas .
Stop or Premier League

Van Gaal as coach at the KNVB a contract that runs until the World Cup 2014 . Then he basically put an end to his coaching career , but he has stated several times in the past once wanted to work . Manager in the English top

On 31 May this year, he allowed himself during a press conference in Hoenderloo out in similar terms . " As I think about it now , I'm out with coaching . Farewell . , But as a beautiful Premier League club answers, I'm willing to even consider doing that ," said Van Gaal then.

Louis van Gaal left Sunday by the KNVB do not want to respond .

"Should have nothing to do with Tottenham Hotspur first team. Lacks in all departments and has no experience. Simply ridiculous the way he is in the media trying to land the job. Big dream is Hiddink until the summer. " (freely translated)

Said reason Temporary Tim is in the club was supposedly that he is friends with Jamie Redknapp and pressed Levys right buttons during Harrys stay. Hoddle threw Sherwood out of the team with message "you will never play for this club again" after he didn't show up for game.

Lineker is Levys hero, and Linekers support for Hoddle will get noticed.

Those seem like really strong comments from the big fella. Strange.

Also, I do chortle at the idea of random plank ex-footballers running political rings around Levy. Erm, I don't think so! Either Levy is fully aware of what's going on, or Sherwood is such a Machiavellian genius that we should actually want him as manager.

More from Holland. Levy not at the match today because he was in Holland with van Gaal:

http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws...an-gaal?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

De belangstelling van Tottenham Hotspur voor Louis van Gaal neemt serieuze vormen aan. Voorzitter Daniel Levy reisde zondag af naar Nederland om in Noordwijk met de huidige bondscoach van Oranje te praten.

Dat meldde chef voetbal Valentijn Driessen van De Telegraaf zondagavond bij Fox Sports. Levy ontbrak 's middags bij de wedstrijd tussen Southampton en Tottenham Hotspur (2-3) en het gesprek met Van Gaal was daar de logische verklaring voor.

Volgens Driessen staan beide partijen open voor een samenwerking. Van Gaal heeft er geen geheim van gemaakt dat hij nog eens in de Premier League wil werken en Tottenham is een ambiteuze club die na het vertrek van André Villas-Boas bovendien beschikbaar is.

Van Gaal is echter nog niet beschikbaar, omdat hij tot en met het WK in Brazilië bondscoach van Oranje is. De kans lijkt klein te zijn dat de KNVB akkoord gaat met een dubbelrol en dus zal Tottenham daar waarschijnlijk een oplossing voor moeten vinden. Mogelijk maakt interim-trainer Tim Sherwood het seizoen af.

@HLNinEngeland

Also According NOS, Van Gaal and Levy watched the game against Southampton on telly together, in Noordwijk, In Holland. #THFC

Back