• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Dutch media with some more stuff on van Gaal. Would be good news for Dembele obviously

Tottenham Hotspur wil Van Gaal
zondag 22 dec 2013

Tottenham Hotspur wil Louis van Gaal aanstellen als hoofdtrainer. De NOS heeft dit uit betrouwbare bron bevestigd gekregen. Engelse media speculeren inmiddels volop over de aanstelling.

-snip-

Dawson would love this ;)

This could explain why Sherwood seemed irritated after the game and stated he did not want to be interim manager. He knows Levy was out there with Van Gaal, with a view to him coming next summer.

If Sherwood clashes with Levy and decides not to carry on until the summer, then surey Hoddle will have to step in for 5 months.

Why?

van Gaal would be equivalent of getting Alex Ferguson to take the job. He's a proper big beast.

what are his achievements in the prem????? oh thats right simililar to tim eff all....

Look I know Van Gaal has pedigree but is he really less of a gamble than sherwood????

But in seriousness NOS is a good source (dutch national broadcaster so not some tabloid media).
Van Gaal wont do both jobs by the sounds of it. So he wouldnt be able to take over until next summer.

I'd be happy enough with Van Gaal. Everyone though he lost it that time a Roy Keane inspired Ireland dumped them out of World Cup Qualifying in 2001. But he came back well with AZ and did great things in his first season at Bayern a few years ago. Ultimately he'd set us up to play passing football and he's be actually interested in bringing young players through.

what are his achievements in the prem????? oh thats right simililar to tim eff all....

Look I know Van Gaal has pedigree but is he really less of a gamble than sherwood????

None of Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, Ancelotti or Mancini (i.e all the EPL winners) had EPL achievements prior to being appointed, but had pedigree from other leagues.

van Gaal's record is unreal. Sure, you could say "oh but look at the clubs he's managed".. but still, it's a hell of an achievement. His Ajax team of the 90s were outstanding. He has done it every where he has gone and has his Dutch team playing some unreal football.

Why?

van Gaal would be equivalent of getting Alex Ferguson to take the job. He's a proper big beast.

I just have no faith in any outside manager coming in and doing well. Santini was highly rated, he sucked, Ramos was highly rated, he sucked, AVB was highly rated, he sucked. I think managing for Spurs is a difficult job, primarily because Daniel Levy is a difficult person to work for. Tim knows Daniel Levy, Tim knows the club, Tim knows the players, I think those are pretty important variables, he's already shown in one game that he's got balls and is willing to trust youth players. I feel that football managers are generally overrated by fans, they don't know a whole lot more than you or I, it's the coaches behind the scenes who do the important work. Pick the right team, make the right subs, it's not quantum physics like AVB would have us believe.

Van Gaal won the Dutch league with AZ Alkmaar. Top scorer: Mounir El Hamdaoui.

And van Gaal took the AZ job because he was bored and wanted a challenge, so took over a mid-table team who never won anything.

He'd turn us into title challengers, no mistake

I just have no faith in any outside manager coming in and doing well. Santini was highly rated, he sucked, Ramos was highly rated, he sucked, AVB was highly rated, he sucked. I think managing for Spurs is a difficult job, primarily because Daniel Levy is a difficult person to work for. Tim knows Daniel Levy, Tim knows the club, Tim knows the players, I think those are pretty important variables, he's already shown in one game that he's got balls and is willing to trust youth players. I feel that football managers are generally overrated by fans, they don't know a whole lot more than you or I, it's the coaches behind the scenes who do the important work. Pick the right team, make the right subs, it's not quantum physics like AVB would have us believe.

Van Gaal is not only highly rated, he is proven. A big personality though, something for future conspiracy theories.

Back