• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
This, this and this.

I've come to terms with the fact that a lot of Spurs fans don't like/trust "thinkers" but to appoint someone who AFAIK has never had a single thought process its way through his mind is going too far.

This is just nonsense though and actually the opposite of what happens.

A lot of fans (and media) were enamoured with ramos and AVB because of their names, their nationalities. I remember an article when ramos first joined about how he was a mix of fergie, wenger and mourinho. A lot of our fans agreed. Same with AVB. Meanwhile, redknapp was seen as a pleb, an idiot and so many fans thought his appointment was the sign that our club has given up competing at a top level.

It isn't reverse snobbery. It is in fact the very opposite, with all due respect, from you, plain snobbery. You've been taken in with the erudite, flowery AVB, admitting no fault and are at a loss as to why anyone would be against him, when we've been thrashed three times in 2 months and are looking worse and worse as we go on.

I just don't get this Tim Sherwood link. Yes he is in some way part of the club, but he has never (to my knowledge) managed anywhere before. We are going to get rid of a manager who has won European trophies and completed an unbeaten season, and hand the reigns to someone with no experience?

Sherwood would be high risk for sure.

I do not get the Laudrup link either

it'll have to be the shout Arry type though won't it, this group of players have shown they are unable to take tactical instruction, no point bringing another coach like AVB in as we will have exactly the same problems

I have to say, I can't remember the last time we sacked a manager and I wasn't 100% sure who I wanted as a replacement, i've not got a scooby this time.

i think we've got a good squad of players and despite this set back i think that there will be a lot of interest in the Spurs job. i think it will have to wait until the summer for a genuine long term appointment and until then we will have to go with a stop gap (would have preferred to give AVB till the end of the season, but hey ho)

This is just nonsense though and actually the opposite of what happens.

A lot of fans (and media) were enamoured with ramos and AVB because of their names, their nationalities. I remember an article when ramos first joined about how he was a mix of fergie, wenger and mourinho. A lot of our fans agreed. Same with AVB. Meanwhile, redknapp was seen as a pleb, an idiot and so many fans thought his appointment was the sign that our club has given up competing at a top level.

It isn't reverse snobbery. It is in fact the very opposite, with all due respect, from you, plain snobbery. You've been taken in with the erudite, flowery AVB, admitting no fault and are at a loss as to why anyone would be against him, when we've been thrashed three times in 2 months and are looking worse and worse as we go on.

You don't need to look far on this very forum (which, compared to the crowd at matches, is a shining light of educated wisdom) to see a lot of people calling for a very thinly veiled return to the old English way of doing things. 4-4-2, wingers lumping in crosses to a big forward, planning to do your scoring from set pieces, less thinking, less analysing, more running about a bit, buying English rather than foreign, etc.

Honestly, if you can bear it (and I understand if you can't) look at some of the wisdom being chucked around in most of the OMTs on here. And then remember that the people on this forum are the section of Spurs fans that know you don't operate a keyboard with your forehead.

ntcq8a8

You don't need to look far on this very forum (which, compared to the crowd at matches, is a shining light of educated wisdom) to see a lot of people calling for a very thinly veiled return to the old English way of doing things. 4-4-2, wingers lumping in crosses to a big forward, planning to do your scoring from set pieces, less thinking, less analysing, more running about a bit, buying English rather than foreign, etc.

Honestly, if you can bear it (and I understand if you can't) look at some of the wisdom being chucked around in most of the OMTs on here. And then remember that the people on this forum are the section of Spurs fans that know you don't operate a keyboard with your forehead.

Haha, ****, man, you sure know how to sound condescending.

The new manager will come in and realise how lopsided we are with the type of players we have. We just need to get fun and pride back, express ourselves and work hard for each other. Will Jan still wanna be our emergency LB ? Could be our first buy unless we get Rose and Ekotto back.

We need a big name, someone who knows the game inside out and more importantly knows what a good player is.

Someone would will look at Dawson and sell him to the Championship straight away. The joke has to stop.

Its a shame Mancini is not available...

I would love Harry back, but Levy doesnt like winners.

Back