• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The average length of service for current Premier League managers is 1.83 years. If you omit Arsene Wenger it's 1.00 years.

We actually have relative stability at 1.63.

Do those stats include the straight up straight down teams or only those who have had an extended run in the EPL?

This will be our 9th manager in 13 years. Do you think Levy is ever going to ask himself how it is he keeps getting it so, so wrong?
The idea someone like Martinez is going to move from his settled position at a top 5 team to come to the serial sackers is just madness. He'll bide his time at Everton and move to a CL job here or in Europe (Arsenal next summer?). I guarantee we'll get Pochettino and he'll have been sacked within 18 months.
I've been following Spurs since the 1970s - this is a pretty low time for me. No direction. No stability. We've gone from being on the verge of being a genuine top 4 club to slipping behind Liverpool and Everton and I think next season United will also finish above us.
Shambles.

Do those stats include the straight up straight down teams or only those who have had an extended run in the EPL?

Not sure - I just copied them from somewhere. I don't think it makes much difference though - all 4 leagues are pretty similar. Only 4 managers across the 92 clubs have clocked up to 4 years (Wenger and Pardew being two of them).

This will be our 9th manager in 13 years. Do you think Levy is ever going to ask himself how it is he keeps getting it so, so wrong?
The idea someone like Martinez is going to move from his settled position at a top 5 team to come to the serial sackers is just madness. He'll bide his time at Everton and move to a CL job here or in Europe (Arsenal next summer?). I guarantee we'll get Pochettino and he'll have been sacked within 18 months.
I've been following Spurs since the 1970s - this is a pretty low time for me. No direction. No stability. We've gone from being on the verge of being a genuine top 4 club to slipping behind Liverpool and Everton and I think next season United will also finish above us.
Shambles.

All clubs are the same. In Italy and Spain too.

my main concern is Eriksen and Lamela. I want the next appointment to a) motivate them to stay b) inspire the best out of them.
right or wrong I think that rules out Pochettino. Has to be FDB
More likely to not only keep our best players with him but attract a major signing.

I don't see why FdB is more likely to do those things, I don't see how you can even begin to conclude either way.

Shambles.

Everton will struggle quite badly next year as extra games ,el ,expectation ,loss of key players (the loan signings) and lack of squad depth will seriously take a toll on them.

Liverpool will similarly struggle unless they spend an absolute fortune they probably need to add 4 of real quality and 5 of good standard to get any where near the level they have had this season
no Europe no major cup runs easiest they will have had it for years and will they manage to keep Suarez ? he has been a part of around 50% of there goals I think this season including assists that may not be true just a guess but together must be close to 50

So in short get the right manager in and we could be back above both of them and we will definitely be above Everton

Manure will depend who gets the job and who they buy its actually quite a big job to build them back up I would think ?

Last edited:
Shambles.

Could not agree more!

I don't see why FdB is more likely to do those things, I don't see how you can even begin to conclude either way.

Indeed. An Argentinian manager (and ex-international player) will surely suit Lamela very well. And Soldado (being Spanish speaking and having come from La Liga).

In terms of attracting players, Poch has a good reputation in Spain and France.

The one thing he doesn't have cf FdB is a personal relationship with Verts and Eriksen, but then they are adults and I'm sure will warm to any new manager who is good at his job.

Gonna wait till all leagues stopped playing before answering, but I will rule out Benitez right now.

New person IMO cannot have any premiership baggage that can be placed on the table the moment things go a little south for a game or two. Case in point Benitez meltdown. We had that with AVB.

Indeed. An Argentinian manager (and ex-international player) will surely suit Lamela very well. And Soldado (being Spanish speaking and having come from La Liga).

The one thing he doesn't have cf FdB is a personal relationship with Verts and Eriksen, but then they are adults and I'm sure will warm to any new manager who is good at his job.

you forgot a cabinet full of medals and trophies its ok I'm sure you meant to put that in just an oversight ;)

You can't appoint a manager purely on what type of relationship he might have with one player. I'd sooner have Benitez or FdB over Poch.

I don't agree with appointing a manager to suit an individual player. Players don't hang around and a manager needs a vision for the whole squad.

Of the options in the poll, LvG and Ancelotti are the stand out candidates but I don't think that we can get either. I think that Rafa did a good job at Chelsea but I think that he is a bit of a ****, plays boring football and has a history of cracking under pressure, so I don't want him. I have doubts about Martinez, I think that he talks a good game and looks the part but I do not think that his achievements are as significant as many other people do. For me my choices in order of preference would be FdB and then Poch but I am intreagued by Yakin and Tuchel.

Jesus Christ. We need a headmaster, not a spanish tutor just for the remedial class.

Just hope we don't spend weeks going after someone unattainable (Benitez and Martinez in my view). We desperately need to get the new man in asap so that the players have some certainty rather than having their heads turned by other clubs. Our players will now be targeted by agents eyeing fees from selling players to a new club and the longer it goes on the more de-stabilising it will be

Just hope we don't spend weeks going after someone unattainable (Benitez and Martinez in my view). We desperately need to get the new man in asap so that the players have some certainty rather than having their heads turned by other clubs. Our players will now be targeted by agents eyeing fees from selling players to a new club and the longer it goes on the more de-stabilising it will be

Clearly our players's agents are being kept informed - they all seemed to take great delight in knowing Sherwood was gone before he did.

Shambles.

We've been here before Levy sacks managers because they are not up to the job of taking Spurs consistently into the top 4. If Poch or whoever comes next shows signs of making a success they will be given a chance. He did this with Jol, and AVB when they failed to make 4th.

I want Poch. Similar to AVB in many ways but for me with less hype and pressure. Set ideas and he can obviously work with a young squad like ours. He has worked with smaller clubs in the past and done well. Young. Everything to prove and clearly has a desire to succeed. He wants more wages and he wants to build something. We should just do what we can to get him.

Back