• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I look at the managers being linked if i'm honest with myself I cant say the majority over excite me at all

Lvg perfect wanted him for years and believe the system he uses was perfect no Charlie big spud players so again perfect very them against us attitude (shame he is no longer looking likely :( )

moyes :eek: lets just please not go there no really please don't pretty please with a cherry on top

Pochawotsit I just cant see what he has done to deserve a job such as spurs 10ths and 8ths won naff all done not much apart from getting a group of young players to like him and play ok so kinda meh for me he may be a great one day but may not why do we have to take that chance ?

Waffa benitez yep been here done it won some not awful and really peed that bunch down the road off but (and I know this is irrational) I just cant stand the bloke FACT 8-[

And then there is fun time Frankie de boer if we are going to take a risk on a manager this would be the one I would choose winner as a player winner as a youth coach winner as a manager yeah yeah I know its Ajax but it was a Ajax that had not one a title in 7 years
He has learned he's trade from the best about lvg and cruyff and he has adapted it in to he's own brand I like the guy the football is exciting and just imagine what it will be like with the quality of player that we have (ehem rose) ok most of them

I have supported spurs for near 40 years and lived spurs for most of them I did not want avb I most certainly did not want Sherwood (personal reasons ) and would like just for once under levy a manager with a true winning mentality that modern overpaid footballers can't argue with as he has already achieved more than them

Did not mean to waffle on new here just saying a proper hello ,let the kicking commence. :tumbleweed:

Have you seen a lot of Ajax? I haven't so I'm asking... 'Japaneselady what's he face' has and he don't see, to impressed, his opinions on football seem quite sensible, just ignore what he says on random :)

Have you seen a lot of Ajax? I haven't so I'm asking... 'Japaneselady what's he face' has and he don't see, to impressed, his opinions on football seem quite sensible, just ignore what he says on random :)

Not as much this season as last as this seasons Ajax If I am being fair I didn't give a hope in hell with basically a youth squad ,maybe 5 times and the few cl/el games but even in this he surprised me with the other Dutch teams looking far stronger this season Ajax really shouldn't have won the title.

But the football was not as good this year as it was the last few seasons and not as exciting and yet he somehow did it admittedly there was some self destructing from Feyenoord and psv but like I said he still did it against all odds.
The man comes over well (never seen him throw he's gillet or chin a player) he manages to get he's teams playing quick football but also willing to adapt to circumstance IE; Barca counter attacking and Emirates Marketing Project same so not really set in he's ways like no plan b avb or no plan at all Sherwood.

Feel jaded by this season. Poch and de Boer just seems like an extension of the last few years. In the Ramos, AVB line of managers. Think they are all good managers but Levy won't allow them to show their talents. I would like Benitez because he is so good in cups or someone big like LvG or Ancelotti (though I don't think we can get the last two). Levy's tried most things but a multiple title winning experienced manager has not been one of them.

Would love Klinsmann.

I love Klinsmann, but he's not a coach. He royally ****ed-up at Bayern, and has only been successful when he's stayed upstairs and employed coaches beneath him.

Mabbutt (who is good mates with him) confirmed the other day that there's no way he is leaving his US job. Interestingly Mabbutt also said the pair of them were one game away from being handed the reins (but Gross got a key result and it never happened).

We could do another run here.

FDB, LVG, FSW, Poch, Ancelotti.

Who else are possible candidates? Moyes, Mancini, Laudrup? HELL NO.

But that's my point.

LVG by comparison has done things very differently at big clubs, which was why he was the standout candidate for us.

I disagree again, I think its more down to the fact you for some reason, really like Van Gaal.

Just because Ancelotti hasn't managed a club where the variables you mention were a basis for consideration doesn't mean he wouldn't be better for the job.
Ancelotti has managed those clubs because over a 15 year period he has been a very successful guy and has been constantly in demand.

You would probably use AZ as an example of Van Gaal being so good at those things you talk about but why was he at AZ in the first place? Why wasn't he in demand from bigger clubs like Ancelotti is? Because despite his talents, he is a divisive figure also and clubs were reluctant to hire him because of that fact. Why do you think he spent 2 years out of the game after Barcelona in 2003?

You will disagree but Ancelotti is a better manager overall.

Feel jaded by this season. Poch and de Boer just seems like an extension of the last few years. In the Ramos, AVB line of managers. Think they are all good managers but Levy won't allow them to show their talents. I would like Benitez because he is so good in cups or someone big like LvG or Ancelotti (though I don't think we can get the last two). Levy's tried most things but a multiple title winning experienced manager has not been one of them.

LVG was my choice but if you cant get him what can you do ??
Ancellotti is probably a pipe dream 1000 to 1 shot

But de boer is probably as close to lvg in style and approach (withought the nuttiness) that is out there and he has shown he can put the system in to place from scratch after Ajax 7 years of dismantling the dutch 433 system also as a plus we have already got the squad for that to happen easily maybe a change at lb and a new cf

Plus two of our players already know him and he's workings which will help the squad adapt even quicker

One thing is for sure he's brand of football is nowhere close to the boring pass pass pass pass opposition nod off give it to bale goal that avb had

The bookies' favourites for the Spurs job:

Poch seems a bit short to me?...I like a bit of value so may take Rafa, was at fives, now 9/2...McClaren and Redknapp worth a punt at 80's...Dennis Bergkamp :eek:

Mauricio Pochettino 11/10
Frank de Boer 2/1
Rafa Benitez 9/2
David Moyes 9/1
Thomas Tuchel 10/1
Luciano Spalletti 28/1
Gus Poyet 33/1
Massimiliano Allegri 33/1
Roberto Mancini 33/1
Remi Garde 33/1
Jurgen Klinsmann 33/1
Michael Laudrup 33/1
Carlo Ancelotti 33/1
Roberto Martinez 33/1
Roberto Donadoni 40/1
Louis Van Gaal 40/1
Murat Yakin 40/1
Jurgen Klopp 40/1
Glenn Hoddle 50/1
Cesare Prandelli 50/1
Malky Mackay 50/1
Guus Hiddink 50/1
Paul Lambert 66/1
Roberto Di Matteo 66/1
Harry Redknapp 80/1
Chris Hughton 80/1
Laurent Blanc 80/1
Marcelo Bielsa 80/1
Ralf Rangnick 80/1
Luis Enrique 80/1
Diego Simeone 80/1
Dennis Bergkamp 80/1
Gianfranco Zola 80/1
Ronald Koeman 80/1
Fabio Capello 80/1
Steve McClaren 80/1
Martin Jol 100/1
Steve Kean 100/1
Tony Pulis 100/1
Steve Clarke 100/1
Pep Guardiola 100/1
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 250/1

Last edited:
I disagree again, I think its more down to the fact you for some reason, really like Van Gaal.

Just because Ancelotti hasn't managed a club where the variables you mention were a basis for consideration doesn't mean he wouldn't be better for the job.
Ancelotti has managed those clubs because over a 15 year period he has been a very successful guy and has been constantly in demand.

You would probably use AZ as an example of Van Gaal being so good at those things you talk about but why was he at AZ in the first place? Why wasn't he in demand from bigger clubs like Ancelotti is? Because despite his talents, he is a divisive figure also and clubs were reluctant to hire him because of that fact. Why do you think he spent 2 years out of the game after Barcelona in 2003?

You will disagree but Ancelotti is a better manager overall.

I would say they are both good managers but ancelotti slightly shades it as a manager where lvg as a coach is probably slightly better but he is a complete nutter showing your players your knob and nuts to make a point has to be one of the most bizarre things I have heard in football :ross:

What Levy has to realise is that our team are young and alot of them are still naive imo so he will have to get in someone they all know about and not any old foreigner who can't speak English fluently.

I'm pretty confident there are only two candidates at this minute in time - FdB and Poch (with Poch probably in the lead because he's more malleable).

Benitez would be interesting, but he has a top job and seems a bit out of sync with all the other candidates in terms of the type of coach he is

I guess we'll have to wait till next week anyway, as FdB isn't back in Europe till Saturday and realistically can't interview before Sunday at the earliest.

I'm pretty confident there are only two candidates at this minute in time - FdB and Poch (with Poch probably in the lead because he's more malleable).

Benitez would be interesting, but he has a top job and seems a bit out of sync with all the other candidates in terms of the type of coach he is

I guess we'll have to wait till next week anyway, as FdB isn't back in Europe till Saturday and realistically can't interview before Sunday at the earliest.

I think your right but hope its the other way round

What Levy has to realise is that our team are young and alot of them are still naive imo so he will have to get in someone they all know about and not any old foreigner who can't speak English fluently.

Considering Walker is the only guaranteed-starting English-speaker in our team, Spanish, Portuguese, French or Flemish/Dutch speaking would probably be a more useful qualification to have.

Back