• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what package would people rather?
LVG w/ no new signings
FDB w/ Blind and Fischer
Pochettino w/ Shaw and Lallana
Rafa w/Higuain

I'm a little tempted by Poch.

I'd just really love to see the reaction from the Mos Eisley fans after stealing Hoddle, then Richards and then Bale from them.

Poch with a replacement for Ade when he leaves for better pay. A left back with a brain. A creative midfielder.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Fapatalk

I'm a little tempted by Poch.

I'd just really love to see the reaction from the Mos Eisley fans after stealing Hoddle, then Richards and then Bale from them.

Yeah. I think that he could work well with a squad assembled for AVB but set them up slightly more positively. Pretty much exactly what I think that we were missing under him.

Yeah. I think that he could work well with a squad assembled for AVB but set them up slightly more positively. Pretty much exactly what I think that we were missing under him.

I really hope its not Poch. Its not that I dont rate him, but he playes the same kind of style of football as AVB. IT works better for him at Southampton as teams do not sit back and defend against them like they did against us. But if he comes in here they will do the same and it will be for us to break them down again. Southampton are a well drilled team, they played progressive possesion football but they also struggle to open teams up and are better on the break.

I think we need a manager thats first thought is to open teams up. Play an attacking system that will get the best out of our team. For me that is LVG or DeBoer. I would be happy with either of them. I certainly dont want FSW. People seem to forget the negative football he played at liverpool. He is best suited to the italian game, much like Mourinhio is.

I think Poch could do well with this squad, especially a born again Lamella. But wasn't the whole point of AVBs demise that the players bought in mostly weren't for him that would fit into his system?

Lol has he only got one more year on his contract?

Basically we pay 70k and Emirates Marketing Project top up 90k on top or something like that. They City contract is over now so he has a 70k a week deal with us. With his history I doubt he will hang about. Hope I am wrong as he is a good striker.

what package would people rather?
LVG w/ no new signings
FDB w/ Blind and Fischer
Pochettino w/ Shaw and Lallana
Rafa w/Higuain

Managers sign their ex-players/their own nationality players a lot less often than is predicted (Redknapp aside).

We'll sign whoever Baldini has been scouting the past 12 months. I've got a feeling Konoplyanka is going to be our big summer signing, who has no link to any of our managerial candidates.

The Soton players are all well out of our price range anyway.

Basically we pay 70k and Emirates Marketing Project top up 90k on top or something like that. They City contract is over now so he has a 70k a week deal with us. With his history I doubt he will hang about. Hope I am wrong as he is a good striker.

Bet he has a break down every time British gas send him a bill bless him no wonder he hasn't been happy poor bugger is living in poverty and squalor :(
maybe we should have a help ade appeal :rolleyes:

I really hope its not Poch. Its not that I dont rate him, but he playes the same kind of style of football as AVB. IT works better for him at Southampton as teams do not sit back and defend against them like they did against us. But if he comes in here they will do the same and it will be for us to break them down again. Southampton are a well drilled team, they played progressive possesion football but they also struggle to open teams up and are better on the break.

I think we need a manager thats first thought is to open teams up. Play an attacking system that will get the best out of our team. For me that is LVG or DeBoer. I would be happy with either of them. I certainly dont want FSW. People seem to forget the negative football he played at liverpool. He is best suited to the italian game, much like Mourinhio is.

FdB's football is much closer to AVB's than Poch's. Poch's is the highest tempo of the 3.

I think Poch could do well with this squad, especially a born again Lamella. But wasn't the whole point of AVBs demise that the players bought in mostly weren't for him that would fit into his system?

My reading was that the problems is that too many new players (predictably) took too long to settle. And that AVB fell out with a load of people and reverted into his shell.

I disagree. Whilst Poch likes his teams to hold possession they are a lot more attacking/positive than AVB's sides have played in the PL.

Clearly our players's agents are being kept informed - they all seemed to take great delight in knowing Sherwood was gone before he did.

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated

Brad Friedel gave a thumps up when asked if he thought Mauricio Pochettino would be the next Tottenham Hotspur manager. #THFC

FdB's football is much closer to AVB's than Poch's. Poch's is the highest tempo of the 3.

Ahh come on that's just not true now is it ,quote " why make 6 passes to score a goal when 3 will do" fdb

the only similarity is the keep the ball part but for me that's just common sense football if you have it they do not if they do not have the ball how can they score ?

Other than that there is no marked similarities at all fdb 433 is about taking risks and scoring at the quickest opportunity and starving the opposition of chances its not tika taka as lots of people suggest in fact its quite common for the central midfield to be ignored entirely out to the wings or no9 as quickly as possible long passes are quite acceptable in fact encouraged.

poch is more press and counter like Chelsea play

Managers sign their ex-players/their own nationality players a lot less often than is predicted (Redknapp aside).

We'll sign whoever Baldini has been scouting the past 12 months. I've got a feeling Konoplyanka is going to be our big summer signing, who has no link to any of our managerial candidates.

The Soton players are all well out of our price range anyway.

Wrong thread I know but I've got a feeling Liverpool will actually get who they want this summer as opposed to us stealing them at the death as per.

Back