• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't he hate the press back in his time with Barca? And I think he's also stated it's England or retirement for him. Maybe if the world's biggest club would come calling, but I'm not certain.

Edit:

The Dutch league finishes on May 3, whilst La Liga's last round is on May 18. That's a lot of time to be waiting for Ancelotti, especially since LVG will be in full World Cup mode by then, and will have wanted to secure his next job.

I'm really warming up to de Boer. Guardiola wanted him for an assistant when he got the Barca job, and de Boer is a guy who could potentially be here for the next 5 years. He just won the title for the 4th time in a row (First ever to do so), and plays attacking football. Only question is, if he said no the last time, would he come now?

under Levy no manager will be here for more than 3 years max.......and even if the manager manages to make it to 3 years it must have meant he was reasonably successful and will then simply be poached by Real madrid ;)

@KuperSimon 25m

Spurs today officially approached Ajax for manager Frank de Boer, says Dutch TV channel Fox Sports

FoxSports.NL are reporting on Monday afternoon that Ajax coach Frank de Boer is now the number 1 managerial target for Tottenham.

The news was broken on the Dutch media outlet’s website in an very short, succinct post.

According to the report, “Tottenham Hotspur are interest in Ajax coach Frank de Boer… De Boer is considering the offer, but he will only tie the knot after the last league match against NEC. Ajax’s De Boer has previous said he wants to stay at Ajax”.

De Boer’s stock is now high after he guided the Amsterdam giants to a fourth successive Eredivisie title over the weekend.

What seems nailed-on for certain now is that Louis van Gaal will no longer be the next Tottenham manager now that Manchester United are in talks with the Dutch coach

Ajax boss Frank de Boer has denied reports in Netherlands that he has received an offer to become the new boss of Tottenham in the summer.

By Michael Bell
Follow Michael on Twitter

Fox Sports had reported today that De Boer was now Tottenham’s number one choice to replace Tim Sherwood, who is expected to leave at the end of the season, and that the Premier League club had made an offer to the Ajax coach. The article states that De Boer was considering it, but would only decide once the season is over.

However De Boer has denied knowing of any deal, telling Voetbal International reporter Simon Zwartkruis, ”Spurs? I know nothing about it.”

De Boer has constantly stated in the past few months that he is not ready to leave Ajax yet, despite guiding them to his 4th straight Eredivisie title on Sunday. The 43-year-old’s objective is to qualify for the knockout rounds of the Champions League before moving to another club.

Tottenham may be able to offer De Boer a bigger transfer budget, and a chance to manage in the Premier League, but with 4th place unlikely, they wouldn’t be able to offer Champions League.

137 pages, so I've no idea if he has already been discussed, but would any of you consider Joachim Löw for the job?

He's done very well with the German national side although he has yet to win anything with them, but then you had the Spanish dominance over the last two major tournaments. Löw likes attacking football and has worked closely with Klinsmann and the DFB to restructure Germany's youth system to what it is today, tactically aware and likely to be likely to promote from within, something we know Levy wants. Löw seems to like a good option to me, although he is tied up with the national side until 2016.

egg_on_the_face_tn.jpg

137 pages, so I've no idea if he has already been discussed, but would any of you consider Joachim Löw for the job?

He's done very well with the German national side although he has yet to win anything with them, but then you had the Spanish dominance over the last two major tournaments. Löw likes attacking football and has worked closely with Klinsmann and the DFB to restructure Germany's youth system to what it is today, tactically aware and likely to be likely to promote from within, something we know Levy wants. Löw seems to like a good option to me, although he is tied up with the national side until 2016.

Another one of those would be nice, but never going to happen options me thinks....

Benitez never wanted Keane.

The whole Alonso/Barry thing was a bit weird. Barry could have been a good signing, not sure there was a good reason for offloading Alonso though.

Benitez never wanted Keane.

The whole Alonso/Barry thing was a bit weird. Barry could have been a good signing, not sure there was a good reason for offloading Alonso though.

Why do you think this? going by his comments about him he definitely wanted him. He stupidly thought he was good at playing the number 10 role and thought he would be the ideal partner for Torres.

I don't like him, purely based on his barnet. It looks like a dodgy syrup.
No idea about him as a Manager though!

I mentioned him and seemed to be the only one. I dont know much about him apart from his tenure with Germany. Id be ecstatic with FDB though.

Just got in and started reading through this thread. For a few seconds I got excited at the thought we might be approaching FDB...that joy soon got shot down.

Why do you think this? going by his comments about him he definitely wanted him. He stupidly thought he was good at playing the number 10 role and thought he would be the ideal partner for Torres.

Was amusing that a lot of non-Spurs people viewed Keane as some kind of Zola/Bergkamp-type who could play in that role

Back