• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good question

For me - Chelsea and Napoli. I picked the brain of a smart Chelsea fan (there is at least one) on Saturday. He was a big fan and said he'd done a remarkable job for them. Pulling Napoli back together after losing Cavani was also an impressive achievement (though I suppose FBD has done the same thing 3 times now with losing Suarez, Verts and Eriksen in successive years).

I was against him 2 years ago primarily because:
i) He use to a bit of a **** in the run up to games with us - I remember some nonsense mind-game where he was pretending to tap up Defoe and talking about a p/x with Cisse
ii) The Alonso, Barry, Aquilani thing was a massive balls up
iii) The way he cracked up that season. His 'fact, fact, fact' speech was up there with Keegan's 'I'd love it'

Good response, thanks. Perhaps he's learnt from his mistakes in the media. Is it not beyond the realsm of possibility that Sherwood could too?

Skysports News sources understand that Man UTD are still looking at other managerial candidates despite having positive talks with Louis van Gaal.

Someone please shoot me now. I'm guessing this is why all the papers have LVG telling them to make the announcement now, because he doesn't want them looking elsewhere.

It makes 100% sense to me that Man. Utd. are holding out for Ancelotti. He is a PERFECT fit for them at this particular moment in time, whereas Loopy Louis doesn't really feel very United at all.

Loopy Louis does, however, feel very Spurs, and I say it's still on. Whatever the odds are of Ancelotti getting sacked by RM, that's the same price for LvG to us. They are the same thing IMO. And I'd put the chances of Ancelotti getting sacked at c.20%. 1 time in 5. Things will become a bit clearer after Munich, but LvG isn't over for us just yet I don't think.

How about Poch?

I'm really not sure about that one.

I like him in principle (Bielsa protégé and all that), but I'm still not sure if he's emperor's new clothes or not.

Part of that is because I think Adkins did a great job and it's hard to separate out who is responsible for what. I had similar reservations about Rodgers though, because I wondered how much of Swansea was Martinez's foundations.

Skysports News sources understand that Man UTD are still looking at other managerial candidates despite having positive talks with Louis van Gaal.

Someone please shoot me now. I'm guessing this is why all the papers have LVG telling them to make the announcement now, because he doesn't want them looking elsewhere.

Hopefully a sign that they are getting positive noises from Ancelotti. That's the one thing that could rescue this for us now I think.

Good response, thanks. Perhaps he's learnt from his mistakes in the media. Is it not beyond the realsm of possibility that Sherwood could too?

Benitez may well have matured (I guess he's in his 50s now and more assured).

I think it might take another decade on the coal face for Timmeh to lose most of his anger and petulance though. We're really not the place for him learn how to do that - he's already tarnished the reputation/PR of the club enough.

Even I'm quite surprised how much of a laughing stock we've become for other clubs. A group of Liverpool fans the other day were telling how much they are enjoying 'car crash Sherwood' and his increasingly more deluded press conferences.

It makes 100% sense to me that Man. Utd. are holding out for Ancelotti. He is a PERFECT fit for them at this particular moment in time, whereas Loopy Louis doesn't really feel very United at all.

Loopy Louis does, however, feel very Spurs, and I say it's still on. Whatever the odds are of Ancelotti getting sacked by RM, that's the same price for LvG to us. They are the same thing IMO. And I'd put the chances of Ancelotti getting sacked at c.20%. 1 time in 5. Things will become a bit clearer after Munich, but LvG isn't over for us just yet I don't think.

Agree with most of that especially that Ancelotti to Man U seems like the ideal fit for them. They are also ideal for him - can provide him with huge transfers funds, big stage, a few decent players etc. For them, he's a big name with experience of England and could be there for 10-15 years

And can anyone really see Ancelotti not being fired by Real if Athletico with the title?!? The only thing which could save him is winning the CL

Agree with most of that especially that Ancelotti to Man U seems like the ideal fit for them. They are also ideal for him - can provide him with huge transfers funds, big stage, a few decent players etc. For them, he's a big name with experience of England and could be there for 10-15 years

And can anyone really see Ancelotti not being fired by Real if Athletico with the title?!? The only thing which could save him is winning the CL

So we're all big Bayern (and Athletico) fans now then?

Blimey - I can still remember the heartbreak the last time I became an honorary Bayern fan.

So we're all big Bayern (and Athletico) fans now then?

Blimey - I can still remember the heartbreak the last time I became an honorary Bayern fan.

I think we have to be. Ancelotti has zero chance of surviving if they dont win the CL and finish behind Athletico

So, If Ancelotti is sacked.. and goes to UTD, who here thinks that Levy will still sign van Gaal after whoring himself to Utd despite our offer.

Its all got a bit Redknapp - England - Tottenham all of a sudden

I'm actually coming round to the idea of Rafa if it's possible to get him. What worries me is the decline of Liverpool and his transfer muck ups in that time (Keane, Aquilani, trying to shift Alonso for Barry) but with us I think he'd work quite well. While he plays to a system, he isn't so much concerned about getting the most vital players to make it happen - he got positive results at Chelsea by turning it round with largely the squad he had.

The reason I say all this is because I think with Levy here we will continue to make a lot of transfer committee style Levy 'compromise signings' and Rafa will hopefully make them work. In fact I think he would be quite a nice compliment to Levy in the same way Harry was.

So, If Ancelotti is sacked.. and goes to UTD, who here thinks that Levy will still sign van Gaal after whoring himself to Utd despite our offer.

I think LVG would be ****ed United didnt hire him and would be keen to prove a point.. although I think there are still some twists and turns to go

I don't see it as whoring and there is no real similarity to the Redknapp situation. He is out of a job after the WC so looking for the best employment opportunity which is fair enough. We have approached him but are in no position to make him an official approach until after we get rid of the deadwood. As such LVG is perfectly entitled to see what else is available.

Redknapp had a contract and was looking to jump ship and whilst doing that took his eyes from the tiller

I still have the feeling that LVG is our first choice and that whilst there is still hope (Ancelotti) we won't start talking to other parties. Perhaps this is why Sherwood has no idea about his future, maybe the club are keeping him as a back up.

EDIT
----------
Things are about to get busy. According to this source (Dutch Fox sports are cited) FDB is our #1 target and we have asked him if he fancies the job, he's considering it but won't do anything until after the last game of the season.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/a...managerial-target-for-tottenham-foxsports-nl/

Last edited:
I don't see it as whoring and there is no real similarity to the Redknapp situation. He is out of a job after the WC so looking for the best employment opportunity which is fair enough. We have approached him but are in no position to make him an official approach until after we get rid of the deadwood. As such LVG is perfectly entitled to see what else is available.

Redknapp had a contract and was looking to jump ship and whilst doing that took his eyes from the tiller

I see similarity.. Levy has offered said person a contract, said person left it on the table to return to later.... he is then clearly whoring himself for the UTD job despite offer on table from Levy. Levy withdraws offer.

Take out UTD and replace with England

I see similarity.. Levy has offered said person a contract, said person left it on the table to return to later.... he is then clearly whoring himself for the UTD job despite offer on table from Levy. Levy withdraws offer.

Take out UTD and replace with England

Does that mean we're QPR? If so...Serious Relegation Fears

So saying Ancelloti goes to United wouldn't real Madrid then go for LVG

Didn't he hate the press back in his time with Barca? And I think he's also stated it's England or retirement for him. Maybe if the world's biggest club would come calling, but I'm not certain.

Edit:

The Dutch league finishes on May 3, whilst La Liga's last round is on May 18. That's a lot of time to be waiting for Ancelotti, especially since LVG will be in full World Cup mode by then, and will have wanted to secure his next job.

I'm really warming up to de Boer. Guardiola wanted him for an assistant when he got the Barca job, and de Boer is a guy who could potentially be here for the next 5 years. He just won the title for the 4th time in a row (First ever to do so), and plays attacking football. Only question is, if he said no the last time, would he come now?

Last edited:
I think that could happen Ron. The Glazers may see it as vital PR in there war with the fans to appoint the 'class of 92'

Back