• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Assuming it true, they're two somewhat different candidates - one who feels like a logical 'project' manager who might be here in 5 years' time, and therefore feels like a good fit, and a second who whilst being well-respected used to be a DoF so feels like an odd fit

Pre-Paratici, they would have looked like a very good DoF-Manager combo...

Unless....

Levy and Paratici realise they are not aligned and agree a parting of ways before Paratici officially starts in July. Leaving the way open for the very same Ragnick/Potter combination you mention.

Far-fetched of course. But hey, we need more speculation to keep us going.

Unless....

Levy and Paratici realise they are not aligned and agree a parting of ways before Paratici officially starts in July. Leaving the way open for the very same Ragnick/Potter combination you mention.

Haha…. Could be. Paratici has shipped his stuff over and, while unpacking it, Levy has seen Paratici’s little black book, opened it up and realised it only contains Italian players and managers and thought ‘brick!, they will be expensive!’

None of them need the money. All of them will think that any club is lucky to have them. All of them would wait for the ‘right’ opportunity where they will be fully backed instead of committing to anyone. To get even any of those 3 out of work managers we’d have to do some serious schmoozing.

Possibly. They might want to wait. But they will be the ones losing money in the meantime.

I want a coach in today just like everyone else a good one at that. But comparing football to how other industries work doesn't work. When bob chapek took over disney he didn't say i wan't £500m to make this film or that film, in order to secure our spot as top film company and win an oscar.

Unless....

I would be much more happy and confident with that combination... but what do I know.

Christ, it's pedantic central on this forum today.

I get what you are saying...if all the players are back, of course there will be more opportunities for a new manager to learn about the group dynamics. Similarly, what other people are saying is having a manager in a little bit sooner than a week before pre-season training is due to start would probably be helpful, to help them get acclimated to their environment. There will be some players around. Their will be youth players around. There will be staff to meet and understand how best to work with.

I can't even recall how this particular line of debate started, but it's another thing that has the whiff of 'things are absolutely fine!' when it's ok to admit that we might be facing a bit of a challenging time getting someone in that we really want. I mean...we are now literally arguing about whether it is useful or not for a new manager to have a little bit of time to get to know the club, rather than being expected to perform at their absolute peak with no adjustment period, from day 1. Why is this is a serious discussion?
Obviously it would have been perfect to have the new manager in the day Mourinho left. We're not working in perfect circumstances though, we're working in real world ones.

Given the magnitude of the decision, I'd far rather we took the time to get that right (and allow for the many circumstances outside of our control) at the negligible cost of a bit of time sorting out his desk.

Agree can't see us getting a dof to work under a dof.

BUT... Paratici title isn't DOF is it, maybe the master plan was to get them both in????

Paratici to concentrate on the younger recruitments and buying and selling wining and dinning etc and where we have a more strategic DOF in Rangnick???

Obviously it would have been perfect to have the new manager in the day Mourinho left. We're not working in perfect circumstances though, we're working in real world ones.

Given the magnitude of the decision, I'd far rather we took the time to get that right (and allow for the many circumstances outside of our control) at the negligible cost of a bit of time sorting out his desk.
So would I. However I fear that we’re not spending time on this to ensure that we get it right but the time is instead because we didn’t actually have a plan and the managers we do approach keep turning us down.

So would I. However I fear that we’re not spending time on this to ensure that we get it right but the time is instead because we didn’t actually have a plan and the managers we do approach keep turning us down.
Possibly. I won't be getting in a flap and whining about it without a lot more concrete information though.

Contacting Rangnick after appointing Paratici would be pretty stupid.

Not doubting that, just posting what i was told.

Ragnick possibly fancies himself as a manager still. Anyway as stated he was contacted and I can only assume its for the managers post.

But it maybe to work alongside Patrici not as a DOF, but as a manager of all footballing operations.

Almost like Ragnick coming into replacing pleat and hitchin, with Patrici having his own role.

Not doubting that, just posting what i was told.

Ragnick possibly fancies himself as a manager still. Anyway as stated he was contacted and I can only assume its for the managers post.

But it maybe to work alongside Patrici not as a DOF, but as a manager of all footballing operations.

Almost like Ragnick coming into replacing pleat and hitchin, with Patrici having his own role.
I’m not shooting the messenger mate…. Just the absurdity of how THFC is run at the moment.

Unless....

I was thinking exactly the same but didnt dare post it!

If the rumoured Fonseca/Gattuso switcheroo is true i wouldn't be surprised if the club is questioning Paratichi already tbh

Paratichi worked under a cheif DoF type figure at Juve for the most part so it could also be possible that Ragnick would come in to oversee a different aspect of the behind scenes running of the club...

Reactions: DTA
If the rumoured Fonseca/Gattuso switcheroo is true i wouldn't be surprised if the club is questioning Paratichi already tbh
Agreed. I thought he was an odd fit when he was announced and that only fuelled my concerns
Paratichi worked under a cheif DoF type figure at Juve for the most part so it could also be possible that Ragnick would come in to oversee a different aspect of the behind scenes running of the club...

Not sure that it would be a sustainable position:
- Levy
- New commercial guy
- Paratici
- Ragnick
- Hitchen
- Potter

....and thats before you include the CFO and others. Paratici's role would look very squeezed

Agreed. I thought he was an odd fit when he was announced and that only fuelled my concerns

Not sure that it would be a sustainable position:
- Levy
- New commercial guy
- Paratici
- Ragnick
- Hitchen
- Potter

....and thats before you include the CFO and others. Paratici's role would look very squeezed

I'd imagine this hypothetical scenario would suggest Levy taking a back seat entirely so it's really just a behind the scenes setup involving Ragnick Paratichi and potentially Mitchell too - i don't really know the ins and out of it but I'd imagine these sorts of setups have multiple people delegated to the various aspects?

Back