• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Exactly, plain old Graham isn't as sexy as Potterinho with a double pivot and quick transition notebook.

If it was hitchens and levy picking the new coach, i'd say potter would have a good chance. But paratici? I doubt he knew who he was a cople of weeks ago. Would he choose him as someone he has to work with for the next couple of years?

Honestly it wouldn't be that hard

- To your points -> focus on some youth players or players you believe you could get more out of
- Run some data on GA, xG, etc.
- Take about how you would address the perceived defensive challenges of last season (what type of goals we conceded, e.g. individual errors, set pieces, etc.)
- Talk about how your style would align to Levy's DNA message
- Perhaps even mention the types of players you think the club should invest in to improve squad/balance
- Some flimflam about how you believe in the core of squad
- First year, second year objectives ...

And talk about how you did similar to some of those scenarios in the past ..

@Finney Is Back is talking about before they've even been approached. No doubt if you want the job you prepare. But the idea that top coaches are immediately ready to jump with every little bit of detail on the off chance they might not get a call, is a little fanciful. It's a way of excusing how long this search has taken, given pre-season training is what? 2 weeks away?

Also there was an interesting bit in the Amazon doc, where Jose and Joao were talking about their surprise that Sissoko was seen as a respected member of the squad. I'm sure most top coaches already have some ready to go analysis accessible on most players in Europe's top leagues, so to an extent they can play off of that. But there's the more subtle team dynamics that can't really be figured out unless you're in the post and doing the work.

If it was hitchens and levy picking the new coach, i'd say potter would have a good chance. But paratici? I doubt he knew who he was a cople of weeks ago. Would he choose him as someone he has to work with for the next couple of years?

If Potter was up for it, I'd hope Paratici interviews him with a completely open mind. I'd find it a little ridiculous that because we've hired an Italian DOF we can only hire Italian coaches that he's aware of.

@Finney Is Back is talking about before they've even been approached. No doubt if you want the job you prepare. But the idea that top coaches are immediately ready to jump with every little bit of detail on the off chance they might not get a call, is a little fanciful. It's a way of excusing how long this search has taken, given pre-season training is what? 2 weeks away?

Also there was an interesting bit in the Amazon doc, where Jose and Joao were talking about their surprise that Sissoko was seen as a respected member of the squad. I'm sure most top coaches already have some ready to go analysis accessible on most players in Europe's top leagues, so to an extent they can play off of that. But there's the more subtle team dynamics that can't really be figured out unless you're in the post and doing the work.

They don't have the interview the day they are approached. They have some time to do their research or have someone do it for them.

It's also not just the club aporoaching managers. Agents will be shoving their coaches into spurs face. Some we will talk to some we wont.

If Potter was up for it, I'd hope Paratici interviews him with a completely open mind. I'd find it a little ridiculous that because we've hired an Italian DOF we can only hire Italian coaches that he's aware of.

Agree with that and for any coach. Just think there are other coaches paratici would want to sound out first. Not just from serie a. But competitions they've been in against juve, that paratici will have either met or know about.

They don't have the interview the day they are approached. They have some time to do their research or have someone do it for them.

It's also not just the club aporoaching managers. Agents will be shoving their coaches into spurs face. Some we will talk to some we wont.

? I don't think anyone is saying they would have the interview the day they are approached.

How would he learn about how the team reacts around Sissoko when neither the team not Sissoko are back from their preseason break/internationals?

? I don't think anyone is saying they would have the interview the day they are approached.

No just finney saying that managers in a job won't do a detailed study of spurs on the offchance that spurs approach them. I'm saying if spurs do approach them and they are interested at all they have time to do their research on the club.

How would he learn about how the team reacts around Sissoko when neither the team not Sissoko are back from their preseason break/internationals?

Christ, it's pedantic central on this forum today.

I get what you are saying...if all the players are back, of course there will be more opportunities for a new manager to learn about the group dynamics. Similarly, what other people are saying is having a manager in a little bit sooner than a week before pre-season training is due to start would probably be helpful, to help them get acclimated to their environment. There will be some players around. Their will be youth players around. There will be staff to meet and understand how best to work with.

I can't even recall how this particular line of debate started, but it's another thing that has the whiff of 'things are absolutely fine!' when it's ok to admit that we might be facing a bit of a challenging time getting someone in that we really want. I mean...we are now literally arguing about whether it is useful or not for a new manager to have a little bit of time to get to know the club, rather than being expected to perform at their absolute peak with no adjustment period, from day 1. Why is this is a serious discussion?

No just finney saying that managers in a job won't do a detailed study of spurs on the offchance that spurs approach them. I'm saying if spurs do approach them and they are interested at all they have time to do their research on the club.

Of course. If they are approached. No one said any different.

No one said they did. Scaramangas point was if they go into an interview they should be prepared. Raziel and i were just agreeing with him.
His original point was actually that any manager worth his salt would’ve already analysed our players.

When recruiting the very best people, those very best people are actually interviewing the employer, it is not the other way round.

His original point was actually that any manager worth his salt would’ve already analysed our players.

When recruiting the very best people, those very best people are actually interviewing the employer, it is not the other way round.

During a pandemic those very best people may need to change their expectations. This isn't other industries. There are plenty of very successful managers not in work. Some of the most successful, conte, zidane, valverde... with very few well paying positions.

Demand and supply. There isn't a job position at the moment better than spurs.

That's a huge oversimplification.

Lol no just no .... im not getting into that boat.

Assuming it true, they're two somewhat different candidates - one who feels like a logical 'project' manager who might be here in 5 years' time, and therefore feels like a good fit, and a second who whilst being well-respected used to be a DoF so feels like an odd fit

Pre-Paratici, they would have looked like a very good DoF-Manager combo...

During a pandemic those very best people may need to change their expectations. This isn't other industries. There are plenty of very successful managers not in work. Some of the most successful, conte, zidane, valverde... with very few well paying positions.

Demand and supply. There isn't a job position at the moment better than spurs.
None of them need the money. All of them will think that any club is lucky to have them. All of them would wait for the ‘right’ opportunity where they will be fully backed instead of committing to anyone. To get even any of those 3 out of work managers we’d have to do some serious schmoozing.

Back