• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I get that it's important for Levy to not make a rushed decision and get the right manager appointed, but this is getting ridiculous now.

Time is running out for the new manager to assess the squad and sort out incomings and outgoings in time for the next season. Including Kane - to keep him, which should be our aim, I believe he'll need reassurement from both Levy and the new manager that we want to be competitive. Each day with no boss must leave him thinking WTF is going on.

Apologies if this point had already been made numerous times in this massive thread. Who'd thought a new manager thread would be this long, lol.

The dof will be sorting incomings and outgoings. Although it would be preferable for the coach to have input.

Looks like Lopetegui definitely turned us down

Saw that too

""Julen rang me and told me. He said he'd received offers he'd not listened to in addition to a dizzying one from Tottenham. But he said he doesn't forget things and that he is very motivated here," he explained (via Sevilla's official website)."

I guess that that offer was pre-Fonseca, and probably pre-Conte....but perhaps post-Poch?

Hard to keep up with things!

Saw that too

""Julen rang me and told me. He said he'd received offers he'd not listened to in addition to a dizzying one from Tottenham. But he said he doesn't forget things and that he is very motivated here," he explained (via Sevilla's official website)."

I guess that that offer was pre-Fonseca, and probably pre-Conte....but perhaps post-Poch?

We haven’t spoken to anyone. It’s all just clickbait...:rolleyes:

giphy.gif

I understand that Castle's has quite good connections at PSG

hmmm....curious. Wonder how Poch could engineer that, apart from resigning (in which case, PSG could easily put him on gardening leave). Putting 2 and 2 together, wonder whether this could be why, bar some weak rumours yesterday, we haven't heard much since the Gattuso noise last Thurs

Saw that too

Dizzying?
How strange that when Ramos was at Seville, he also claimed we made him a "dizzying offer".
Maybe some wannabe journo has just rebadged a 15 year old Seville story.

How do you asses the squad where literally their all away?

A good start would be knowing you are their manager. Then you'd gather the info you can about each player's style, strengths and weaknesses, how they'd fit into the system you want to implement, etc.

The full picture wouldn’t be clear until you actually meet them and watch them train, obviously, but the sooner a manager can start analysing the squad the better.

hmmm....curious. Wonder how Poch could engineer that, apart from resigning (in which case, PSG could easily put him on gardening leave). Putting 2 and 2 together, wonder whether this could be why, bar some weak rumours yesterday, we haven't heard much since the Gattuso noise last Thurs

I doubt that he's coming back this summer. I suspect that the club have just got tinkled off with everything being leaked and told everyone to keep stuff in-house.

England stories have run their course, now need to stir up some other clicks.
Friday it will be city, Liverpool rumours and then Chelsea and arsenal at the weekend.
Me, a cynic, no.

Agree, seems to me all these stories flying around, the media are just throwing clickbait out there!!

I could be totally wrong but I wonder if they know who they want but they're waiting for certain things to happen. Either for a team to drop out the Euros (Martinez - probably, Mancini - unlikely, or GHod help us Southgate) or other factors to play out during the next few weeks (Poch?). Would explain why bugger all is happening as it looks like a total s**t show!

Back