• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Any examples of racist, sexist and homophobic comments? I saw the one about him being against gay marriage in a church in 2008 and even if I disagree with it he is/was perfectly entitled to have that view imo. Anything worse than that?

WhoTheFookIsThisGuyConorMcGregor.gif

Do you not have Google mate?

Are you one of those types of people that needs other people to provide 'evidence' to you?

Anyone with an knowledge of racism in football remembers KPB walked off the pitch during that preseason friendly in Italy. It was the single most effective anti racism in football moment in the last decade.

We all know what that little Italian clam Gattuso said about his teammate KBP afterwards.

I had warmed to the idea of Fonseca. I don't know much about him, but from reports, he seemed to suit the profile Levy identified.

This is a disgrace though. Never mind whether Gattuso is a good manager or not (likely not), to tap up Gattuso, have him quit the Fiorentina job after a couple of weeks and subsequently bin of Fonseca at the last minute is inexcusable.

Watching the Euros for the past week, excited about our new prospects - DOF, manager, and players - now I couldn't be less enthused about the new season.

It makes us scummy. There again, Santini, Jol, Ramos and Poch all have stories to tell...

This calls to mind some of @BrainOfLevy’s comments around the club’s use of PR; if, IF, this is complete flimflam, what the fudge is the club’s PR team *coughs* Simon Felstein *coughs* doing on this one, letting the press have a free ride writing up flimflam and riling up the fans?! Why aren’t they stamping all over this and saying ‘fudging cut that out, or your access to the club becomes limited as you’re antagonizing our fan base without substance’.

What the hell are they playing at?! Either way, they’re playing us or they’re doing a brick job at managing the club’s reputation.

To be honest, I like everyone else have no fudging clue what is going on here. I will say it’s the latest ‘managerial choice’ that just doesn’t make sense when you really think about it. It didn’t make sense that Poch would be leaving PSG after 6 months, to come back to a club where obviously nothing has changed. Because if it had, we’d be attracting someone more proven than Gattuso or Fonseca right now. Conte and Levy…never reeeeeeally made sense. If you squint, you can kind of see Conte’s comments about ‘always wanting the difficult situation’ to maybe mean he would find Spurs intriguing, but him and Levy? After leaving Inter because he was going to have to sell before he bought? Never made sense.

And now Gattuso? It literally does not make sense. He has no record. They can say it’s Paratici’s choice and they are backing the DOF but how can it possibly be seen as a decision that makes any sense? How can they have any certainty he’s a better choice than a guy they just filed work permits for? I’d understand if it was Poch or Conte that just became available and he have to say to Fonseca the deal is off (in a world where we could actually get them). But Gattuso? It doesn’t make sense.

I’d be stunned if it was him. I feel like something else is going on here. It just doesn’t make sense. No record, not Spurs DNA, not an obvious improvement over Fonseca. If it ends up being him, I will not know wtf to think. The only way I can see any of this remotely making sense is if they want Martinez, they don’t want to announce it before or during the Euros, and they feel like they have to be seen to do something otherwise the pressure builds in another way.

I dont think its impossible...and then makes us happy when its Southgate or Martinez

Its not as if Gattuso has an average record. He's got a record of failing regularly and leaving places quickly

I really think this might all be something that leads us to Martinez. Southgate is just such a perfect England manager, such a perfect FA man, so suited to international football, I don’t think he wants this job.

I think Martinez is looking for a route back in. Belgium was his chance to prove he could manage top players and he’s done that, they respect him. His reputation is somewhat restored after Everton, we can have Toby continue to make comments that he’s the best thing since sliced bread, and he’ll seem better after Gattuso.

Because the alternative is that Paratici has identified Gattuso as a coaching prodigy, perfectly suited to our situation, and he’s making the most sensational gambit of all time. But I just don’t buy it.

Are you really saying that you believe journos that have been wrong with every manager that we have almost signed (stories they paid to write), over Levy, who has said nothing?
Do you really think the journos are going to say, ah, we got that wrong, sorry, our fault. Or that they just made it up for clicks. Nah, much easier to blame someone they know want reply to.

Ok, so Levy has said nothing. Are you saying you believe that Levy has spoken to 0 managers?

I believe we spoke to Conte. I believe we spoke to Fonseca. I see that the most well connected and reputable journalists, who clearly have a line into the club and who the club use, had been talking about Paratici for what felt like a month before he was officially announced. So I think it's a stretch to say they 'made it up for clicks' when it suits an argument to defend the club, but they actually knew something when it comes to Paratici. It is not that they were wrong, it is that they ask the club, and the club tells them what it wants.

Why is the concept of a club using PR, when it employs a senior PR executive on its executive team, such a hard concept for people to grasp on here? The idea that journalists, good, reputable and connected journalists, 'make it up for clicks' is childish and naïve. It doesn't mean everything a good journalist says will come true, but more often than not their sources are from one side or another, and those sources have agendas, and they are using the media to shape public opinion in their favour. I am talking specifically about Gold, Dan KP, Jack-Pitt-Brooke, and Matt Law. Not the gossip column in The Sun's back pages.

I guess what some might perceive as trivial, others could for legitimate reasons take a different view.
What often seems strange to me though is that many of those who preach tolerance have a very low tolerance threshold themselves towards anyone who doesn’t agree with them.

If you're a sexist homophobe who has made racially insensitive comments and you want to become the manager of my fudging football club, then yes, I have a low, low tolerance, because you are representing me and millions. Many times, when someone sees the badger on my hoodie or shirt it sparks a conversation; I do not want that to start with, "Why did you lot hire a sexist, homophobic, racist taco?"
Call me old fashioned...

I had warmed to the idea of Fonseca. I don't know much about him, but from reports, he seemed to suit the profile Levy identified.

This is a disgrace though. Never mind whether Gattuso is a good manager or not (likely not), to tap up Gattuso, have him quit the Fiorentina job after a couple of weeks and subsequently bin of Fonseca at the last minute is inexcusable.

Watching the Euros for the past week, excited about our new prospects - DOF, manager, and players - now I couldn't be less enthused about the new season.

Could I interest sir in a pair of testicles?

You must be strong to support Spurs.

To be honest, I like everyone else have no fudging clue what is going on here. I will say it’s the latest ‘managerial choice’ that just doesn’t make sense when you really think about it. It didn’t make sense that Poch would be leaving PSG after 6 months, to come back to a club where obviously nothing has changed. Because if it had, we’d be attracting someone more proven than Gattuso or Fonseca right now. Conte and Levy…never reeeeeeally made sense. If you squint, you can kind of see Conte’s comments about ‘always wanting the difficult situation’ to maybe mean he would find Spurs intriguing, but him and Levy? After leaving Inter because he was going to have to sell before he bought? Never made sense.

And now Gattuso? It literally does not make sense. He has no record. They can say it’s Paratici’s choice and they are backing the DOF but how can it possibly be seen as a decision that makes any sense? How can they have any certainty he’s a better choice than a guy they just filed work permits for? I’d understand if it was Poch or Conte that just became available and he have to say to Fonseca the deal is off (in a world where we could actually get them). But Gattuso? It doesn’t make sense.

I’d be stunned if it was him. I feel like something else is going on here. It just doesn’t make sense. No record, not Spurs DNA, not an obvious improvement over Fonseca. If it ends up being him, I will not know wtf to think. The only way I can see any of this remotely making sense is if they want Martinez, they don’t want to announce it before or during the Euros, and they feel like they have to be seen to do something otherwise the pressure builds in another way.

Perfectly summed up. If I were a site admin, I'd use this post to close the thread.

At least until the next managerial candidate rolls up.

Perfectly summed up. If I were a site admin, I'd use this post to close the thread.

At least until the next managerial candidate rolls up.

Sadly mate, I personally won't be closing this thread.

These are strange times and everyone is entitled to say their piece. FWIW I have heard that what you're seeing is what it is; a shambolic shuffle plagued by uncertainty and (errrr) 'economic' issues.

Let me also add, this is a moment to pause and consider the potential role of Mendes.

Don't close this thread.
Will be great for reflection once the dust settles!
Sadly mate, I personally won't be closing this thread.

These are strange times and everyone is entitled to say their piece. FWIW I have heard that what you're seeing is what it is; a shambolic shuffle plagued by uncertainty and (errrr) 'economic' issues.

Let me also add, this is a moment to pause and consider the potential role of Mendes.

Sent from my SM-G998B using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back