• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Why is it wrong on so many levels?
He finished ahead of Fonseca’s Roma and people seemed ok with Fonseca. He improved Napoli and won their first trophy in several years. Fiorentina hired him. Are we all that far ahead of Fiorentina?
People are reacting hysterically on social media because that’s what they do.
We are just going to gloss over the fact that he has made Racial, sexist and homophobic comments in his time? And has a history of violence? If you are happy with that then crack on mate but i am not supporting someone like that.

I think asking anyone working in Italy the last question shouldn't be ....whats your tax situation like??.....that should be the first question lol..........

UN- FECKING - BELIEVABLE ......:mad::mad:

I suppose in this present moment in time where so many get outraged over trivialities, it's another reason to move past him.

Why is it wrong on so many levels?
He finished ahead of Fonseca’s Roma and people seemed ok with Fonseca. He improved Napoli and won their first trophy in several years. Fiorentina hired him. Are we all that far ahead of Fiorentina?
People are reacting hysterically on social media because that’s what they do.

For me if we had agreed in principle with fonsecca. If he was discussing with paratici new transfers and we have just discarded him. I find that shameful.

He has made numerous racist, sexist and homophobic comments. He never stays at a club for longer than a year - and he’s been at a number for less than six months.

Other than that, he’s a great choice.
We are just going to gloss over the fact that he has made Racial, sexist and homophobic comments in his time? And has a history of violence? If you are happy with that then crack on mate but i am not supporting someone like that.

Any examples of racist, sexist and homophobic comments? I saw the one about him being against gay marriage in a church in 2008 and even if I disagree with it he is/was perfectly entitled to have that view imo. Anything worse than that?

Any examples of racist, sexist and homophobic comments? I saw the one about him being against gay marriage in a church in 2008 and even if I disagree with it he is/was perfectly entitled to have that view imo. Anything worse than that?
Said Women have no place in football and that black players taking racist abuse from the stands is no different than a white player being booed but i guess there is nothing wrong with that either?

Said Women have no place in football and that black players taking racist abuse from the stands is no different than a white player being booed but i guess there is nothing wrong with that either?

He also has a history of violence against other players and coaches.

He’s a taco.

Also said there is no racism in the crowd and that Italy is not a racist nation.

I suppose in this present moment in time where so many get outraged over trivialities, it's another reason to move past him.

I guess what some might perceive as trivial, others could for legitimate reasons take a different view.
What often seems strange to me though is that many of those who preach tolerance have a very low tolerance threshold themselves towards anyone who doesn’t agree with them.

I guess what some might perceive as trivial, others could for legitimate reasons take a different view.
What often seems strange to me though is that many of those who preach tolerance have a very low tolerance threshold themselves towards anyone who doesn’t agree with them.

Free speech doesn’t mean that you should be able to express racist, sexist or homophobic language without expecting to be challenged on it.

Free speech doesn’t mean that you should be able to express racist, sexist or homophobic language without expecting to be challenged on it.
That is correct.
And people should also be careful not to claim or caricature something as hateful because they just don't like it.

Honest questions. Are you a libertarian? Do you feel all views should be allowed to be held by people without challenge (racist views, sexist views, anti-Semitic views etc.)? I agree that many so-called progressives can be intolerant, but the actions of a few should not cloud the issue - and the issue is that if Gattuso does not believe in same sex marriage, that is a problem. If Gattuso doesn't believe women have a place in football, that is a problem (especially as we have a women's team), and if Gattuso holds racist views that is a problem too.

This level of disorganisation is a disgrace and has really displayed to the world how inherently incompetent we are.

I wasn’t particularly thrilled by the idea of Paulo Fonseca and I’m by no means convinced that the director of football we have is going to work, but I could respect their opinion as a professional and I thought if Paratici seriously believes that this is the best available manager with the budget available, and who embodies our playing style, then who am I to question it.

But now we’re pulling the plug yet again to chase after Gattuso instead. Do we even know we can get him if we make an offer?

To be honest I’d say I’m generally pretty pro levy. Disagree on a lot of decisions but have been very happy with him in charge. Has lost a lot of his credibility with this and a lot of other decisions taken in the past couple of months.

appointing a guy who quit his last job after a few weeks because of a transfer dispute. Seriously? How do we expect that this is going to go?

very concerned about the direction our club is going in. Seems like we’ve regresssed to exactly how we were in the 90s/ early- 2000.

Sure losing Harry will only make that more so.

But we have the best stadium in Europe, the most amazing hospitality services and the NFL!

Give Levy and the thfc senior bonus a well deserved bonus for the year. Its been a tough year but the fans have shown approval through the season ticket and merchandising sales.

:)
This level of disorganisation is a disgrace and has really displayed to the world how inherently incompetent we are.

I wasn’t particularly thrilled by the idea of Paulo Fonseca and I’m by no means convinced that the director of football we have is going to work, but I could respect their opinion as a professional and I thought if Paratici seriously believes that this is the best available manager with the budget available, and who embodies our playing style, then who am I to question it.

But now we’re pulling the plug yet again to chase after Gattuso instead. Do we even know we can get him if we make an offer?

To be honest I’d say I’m generally pretty pro levy. Disagree on a lot of decisions but have been very happy with him in charge. Has lost a lot of his credibility with this and a lot of other decisions taken in the past couple of months.

appointing a guy who quit his last job after a few weeks because of a transfer dispute. Seriously? How do we expect that this is going to go?

very concerned about the direction our club is going in. Seems like we’ve regresssed to exactly how we were in the 90s/ early- 2000.

Sure losing Harry will only make that more so.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I had warmed to the idea of Fonseca. I don't know much about him, but from reports, he seemed to suit the profile Levy identified.

This is a disgrace though. Never mind whether Gattuso is a good manager or not (likely not), to tap up Gattuso, have him quit the Fiorentina job after a couple of weeks and subsequently bin of Fonseca at the last minute is inexcusable.

Watching the Euros for the past week, excited about our new prospects - DOF, manager, and players - now I couldn't be less enthused about the new season.

Back