• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Can't believe people are surprised at this.
Why would Conte come to spurs?
And don't say salary, that's what anyone hiring Conte will expect to pay him.
He has put his willingness to get back to work in the headlines.

Or maybe he wanted assurances he can get rid of players he doesn't like and rebuild in key areas to challenge for titles etc and Levy wasn't willing. It's all too familiar where Levy is unwilling to either cede enough control or spend the money at the right time.

I guess we'll never know the truth but just maybe Conte turned us down.

The term "rebuild" - to me that sounds like a bit of a slowish process, it means over a period of time, a couple of years certainly. It sounds like (and again, only social media to go by) Conte was looking for something more instant than this, whilst also wanting assurances that we would not sell Kane. Getting in the players for instant success (by which I assume him to mean more than a league or FA cup) is going to be difficult without the kind of funds coming from selling Kane.

I think what he means is why does he still want to come to what is a shambles of a football club under ENIC. On a footballing front, it’s becoming more and more transparent that our owners are unable or unwilling ( or both) to keep us progressing on the pitch.

I made peace with the fact that under these owners we will never win a league title, I now suspect we won’t even win a trophy.

thanks ENIC you killed the biggest thing any football fan can have, hope
We were top of the league six months ago and in a CL final two years ago, things change quickly in football.
If they keep investing how they have in the last two summers we'll close the gap again.

He probably had an idea of who he wanted, then the opportunity to talk to Poch and Conte came up unexpectedly. If he didn't explore those possibilities he would rightly get slaughtered.
We've lost a week, it's not the end of the world, well worth spending time on it considering the potential upside of either of these appointments.

He wanted ST renewals and realized he could dangle us getting a top coach and spending some actual money in front of people to get them to renew.

Literally the next day after the renewal window ends, out goes the pretense.

Devious c*nt. Wish he was as good at actually running his club, but sadly he's an utterly incompetent, pathetic deadweight with short arms and deep pockets when it comes to anything but wringing a few extra pennies out of any given situation.

Just in case you're still around...
Doesn't the fact that he might still be coming strike you as a good thing? Isn't the point of a DoF that he's aligned to the club's long(er)-term strategy rather than the short(er)-term view of a manager? If he's only joining because he wants to work with a specific manager, then he's probably not the DoF that we want.

It is if that's the plan but why is he targetted as the DOF in the first place, Juve don't shop in the same markets we do. I don't recall him being famed for finding younger players or developing a scouting structure. Juves recruitment has been a mess for a while now.

Smacks of going for a name or someone from a big club.

We were top of the league six months ago and in a CL final two years ago, things change quickly in football.
If they keep investing how they have in the last two summers we'll close the gap again.
If these things were the exception rather than the norm I may have agreed, unfortunately our collapse was as predictable as it is demoralising. If you care about balance sheets and being top of the highest ticket prices league, ENIC are great, if you would like some hope of success on the pitch, sadly IMO under these owners it will never happen

He wanted ST renewals and realized he could dangle us getting a top coach and spending some actual money in front of people to get them to renew.

non-figuratively the next day after the renewal window ends, out goes the pretense.

Devious c*nt. Wish he was as good at actually running his club, but sadly he's an utterly incompetent, pathetic deadweight with short arms and deep pockets when it comes to anything but wringing a few extra pennies out of any given situation.
Such a shock that you would come up with that. ST would've sold out either way. Were ST holders really only buying them because we were getting Conte?
Did they buy Chelski STs when he was there or did they buy Spurs ST because, you know, they're Spurs supporters and not Conte supporters?

If these things were the exception rather than the norm I may have agreed, unfortunately our collapse was as predictable as it is demoralising. If you care about balance sheets and being top of the highest ticket prices league, ENIC are great, if you would like some hope of success on the pitch, sadly IMO under these owners it will never happen
They both go hand in hand unless you are bankrolled by an oil rich country

Such a shock that you would come up with that. ST would've sold out either way. Were ST holders really only buying them because we were getting Conte?
Did they buy Chelski STs when he was there or did they buy Spurs ST because, you know, they're Spurs supporters and not Conte supporters?

I agree, any one who REALLY believes that this was all done to encourage S/T holder to renew needs to see a doctor.

non-figuratively the next day after the renewal window ends, out goes the pretense.

I can honestly say the people I’ve seen make these comments are people who don’t have season tickets
In a way I’m half you feel for those of us that do

So - will we do another push for Poch, or are we looking at Ten Haag still or maybe even Potter?

I think this has always been a smokescreen for Poch. It just didn't make any sense going for someone so at odds in style to what we actually need

I agree, any one who REALLY believes that this was all done to encourage S/T holder to renew needs to see a doctor.
What a stupid arrogant and insulting comment.
It’s not outside the realms of possibility, news of Poch and then Conte leaks as season ticket deadline looms, there are people on the fence for numerous different.

You have no way of knowing if this was the case or not but is it totally unbelievable, absolutely not in my opinion.

Our win ratio was no worse under Mason was it? We looked more proactive. More comfortable. More able to score and compete. At the end the players were not engaged in Mourinho's plans. They felt able to play again under Mason. So yes I think we had a better chance under Mason than we did under Mourinho at the end.
I don't agree. Which players were not engaged? Winks, Dele, Bale? Kane, Son, Lloris? Y'all turning this club into a laughing stock. No neutral football fan would say what you put above. Mason cannot touch a candle to Jose at the moment. Case in point - even after the Spurs job, Real Madrid approached Jose to take the role post Zidane.

What a stupid arrogant and insulting comment.
It’s outside the realms of possibility, news of Poch and then Conte leaks as season ticket deadline looms, there are people on the fence for numerous different.

You have no way of knowing if this was the case or not but is it totally unbelievable, absolutely not in my opinion.

Did you renew your S/T because you thought Conte was coming.

Back