• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

You don’t
You make it impossible for them to stay so they join another club
We can only hope . Regardless of manager the squad is in desperate need of a service. Or it will be another season of limbo.

Unfortunately I see us being weaker after the window. If Kane does go all the oil dollars in the world will not by us anything close to what he brings.

Why is this patrici guy still coming? A yes man dof? What happened to rangnick and campos.

Seriously that’s me done with this club.

Its the final straw until levy is gone. The club is utterly pointless and should just close down.

Bye all.

Just in case you're still around...
Doesn't the fact that he might still be coming strike you as a good thing? Isn't the point of a DoF that he's aligned to the club's long(er)-term strategy rather than the short(er)-term view of a manager? If he's only joining because he wants to work with a specific manager, then he's probably not the DoF that we want.

I assume youngsters are Ndombele etc

So a rebuild which is being suggested he wanted.
No it’s being suggested he wants instants success
But also doenst believe the club will challenge him to do that… very contradictory
He may also want us to spend money we don’t have
Are we better lying to him now ??

He probably had an idea of who he wanted, then the opportunity to talk to Poch and Conte came up unexpectedly. If he didn't explore those possibilities he would rightly get slaughtered.
We've lost a week, it's not the end of the world, well worth spending time on it considering the potential upside of either of these appointments.

Well welcome to the real world
He either has faith in his abilities to do the job of a coach and develop a side
Or he wants to throw money at it… so will end up at Everton

Or maybe he wanted assurances he can get rid of players he doesn't like and rebuild in key areas to challenge for titles etc and Levy wasn't willing. It's all too familiar where Levy is unwilling to either cede enough control or spend the money at the right time.

I guess we'll never know the truth but just maybe Conte turned us down.

He probably had an idea of who he wanted, then the opportunity to talk to Poch and Conte came up unexpectedly. If he didn't explore those possibilities he would rightly get slaughtered.
We've lost a week, it's not the end of the world, well worth spending time on it considering the potential upside of either of these appointments.
It’s exactly how we got bale
It’s what he should do TBF
He needs the right man
And I’d rather he explores every option
The fact we’re getting a new DOF in should keep some happy

Why is this patrici guy still coming? A yes man dof? What happened to rangnick and campos.

Seriously that’s me done with this club.

Its the final straw until levy is gone. The club is utterly pointless and should just close down.

Bye all.
Don't let the door hit you, and your childish over reaction, on the way out.

Just in case you're still around...
Doesn't the fact that he might still be coming strike you as a good thing? Isn't the point of a DoF that he's aligned to the club's long(er)-term strategy rather than the short(er)-term view of a manager? If he's only joining because he wants to work with a specific manager, then he's probably not the DoF that we want.
I think what he means is why does he still want to come to what is a shambles of a football club under ENIC. On a footballing front, it’s becoming more and more transparent that our owners are unable or unwilling ( or both) to keep us progressing on the pitch.

I made peace with the fact that under these owners we will never win a league title, I now suspect we won’t even win a trophy.

thanks ENIC you killed the biggest thing any football fan can have, hope

Or maybe he wanted assurances he can get rid of players he doesn't like and rebuild in key areas to challenge for titles etc and Levy wasn't willing. It's all too familiar where Levy is unwilling to either cede enough control or spend the money at the right time.

I guess we'll never know the truth but just maybe Conte turned us down.
And if he did, fair play to him
I mean I don’t think levy is prescious about keeping many players TBH
He is also appointing a DOF to help with that side
If I was a guessing man the cost of appointing him along with the cost for sacking him would have scared us off.

Back