• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I wasn't giving it the "I'm a bigger and better fan" nonsense. Just having a discussion.

I'm also not the one with Over forty years man and boy supporting Spurs as my sig either....
We're all Spurs fans here. People have different views on what constitutes success and failure. That's not really something one can be right or wrong about.

I mean this well. Look back at the conversation and think about how what you wrote can be read. Not what you intended to say, but how it can be perceived by the other person.

Then look at what steff wrote. If you still don't get what he's saying go on twitter on a controversial topic. Be staggered at the difference between conversations there and here, think about how moderators like steff might be one of the main reasons behind that and try again.

I wasn't giving it the "I'm a bigger and better fan" nonsense. Just having a discussion.

I'm also not the one with Over forty years man and boy supporting Spurs as my sig either....

That is a reference to The Fast Show. Wise up. I am also a moderator, and as such, if I see someone sticking it to someone else, I am calling it. Again, please stop with the 'newbie' nonsense.

What worries me is that Conte is obviously a difficult man to please in terms of what he wants delivered - I'm not sure we can 100% promise that Kane will stay and it would appear that there are limited funds for transfers. If he's not convinced by the project/transfer budget on offer he may well walk away. And i'm not sure where that leaves us right now

I'm not sure that should worry you. It's what excites me. If conte joins it would mean there is money for him to build a team capable of challenging in the next season or two. That would probably mean that kane would stay too.

What worries me is if he doesn't join us. The opposite is probably true.

Sky reporting that Conte is set to turn the job down

As long as we move to the next man and get him signed up within a few days, its not a disaster.

If however, we then take another fortnight to get the next man lined up, its a real problem

Presumably we have a game plan in place ie if conte says no, then who we go to. Its becoming pretty darn urgent though

CONTE HAS STRONG SPURS RESERVATIONS

Antonio Conte continues to have major doubts about joining Tottenham, according to Sky Italia. At the moment, he is inclined to turn down the offer and has not given any sign he is open to Spurs' sporting project.

He has mulled over the offer in these past few days, and has evaluated the fact he would be coaching a team which is not ready to win trophies immediately.

Conte is looking for a winning project and is trying to understand if it's possible to bridge the gap with the top 4/5 teams in a short period of time.

The club would not pressure him to win trophies. If the parties fail to strike a deal, Conte could also decide to take a year out of management

Seems odd and suggests that this whole Levy is ready to go big and there is a pot of money available is unlikely to be true. Could leaks to that effect have been done due to the ST renewal deadline? Extremely sad if true and a disgrace.

Conte is famed for his coaching and making players better apparently so you would think he would see a lot of good raw materials to work with and then spend some money upgrading other areas.

This would all suggest we have limited funds for the upgrade part. Not good, not good at all.

I'm not sure that should worry you. It's what excites me. If conte joins it would mean there is money for him to build a team capable of challenging in the next season or two. That would probably mean that kane would stay too.

What worries me is if he doesn't join us. The opposite is probably true.

Thats what i meant. I think he is going to turn us down. And who do we turn to next?

Don't get this rational from judging conte .... please enlighten me.

His career started at the lows of serie B and was then appointed in roles at more capable clubs, finding his way to Juve where he stuck it out for three years only to leave for the national team.

Wanting to get back into club management he went to Chelsea who historically never keep a manager for more than two years no matter how much they succeed.

He wanted to build a legacy like poch there and even said so.

A little perspective would help I think.

His only failing was atalanta.

Conte is not the issue. Our chairman is.

Anyone coming here is doing so for the payoff after 18 months.

CONTE HAS STRONG SPURS RESERVATIONS

Antonio Conte continues to have major doubts about joining Tottenham, according to Sky Italia. At the moment, he is inclined to turn down the offer and has not given any sign he is open to Spurs' sporting project.

He has mulled over the offer in these past few days, and has evaluated the fact he would be coaching a team which is not ready to win trophies immediately.

Conte is looking for a winning project and is trying to understand if it's possible to bridge the gap with the top 4/5 teams in a short period of time.

The club would not pressure him to win trophies. If the parties fail to strike a deal, Conte could also decide to take a year out of management

Seems odd and suggests that this whole Levy is ready to go big and there is a pot of money available is unlikely to be true. Could leaks to that effect have been done due to the ST renewal deadline? Extremely sad if true and a disgrace.

Conte is famed for his coaching and making players better apparently so you would think he would see a lot of good raw materials to work with and then spend some money upgrading other areas.

This would all suggest we have limited funds for the upgrade part. Not good, not good at all.
There's a very simple rule to journalism.

No quotes = made up flimflam.

As long as we move to the next man and get him signed up within a few days, its not a disaster.

If however, we then take another fortnight to get the next man lined up, its a real problem

Presumably we have a game plan in place ie if conte says no, then who we go to. Its becoming pretty darn urgent though

I agree with your sentiment on an early appointment but like all these things the timings got to be right for everyone, there are other jobs open and candidates can sit it out until it suits them. The one thing you can be sure of is that the answer will split the fan base and Levy will get the blame.

I agree with your sentiment on an early appointment but like all these things the timings got to be right for everyone, there are other jobs open and candidates can sit it out until it suits them. The one thing you can be sure of is that the answer will split the fan base and Levy will get the blame.

The last part I agree with.

In terms of other jobs open, are there any big ones? After us, the next big one is Everton. Now that Inter and Juve have managers, are there any big italian ones? The big Spanish ones are settled. The main two in Germany too...

Feels to me that ours is the best role available this summer

The last part I agree with.

In terms of other jobs open, are there any big ones? After us, the next big one is Everton. Now that Inter and Juve have managers, are there any big italian ones? The big Spanish ones are settled. The main two in Germany too...

Feels to me that ours is the best role available this summer
International jobs will be up for grabs depending who flops over the next month

Last edited:
Scara doesn’t pick fights. His posts are quite strange, I’ll grant you. Casual diatribes against people with protected characteristics, gloating about exploitation of the benighted souls who toil in his salt mine, unwarranted Sissoko rage, sado-monetarist political ramblings, and so on. But he’s generally rather hospitable to people who waste their lives on his board and earn him ad revenue. The SC lot, though, actively hate their users, rather in the way that Ryanair loathes its customers.

@scaramanga mellowed since he moved outside the walls of Chichester.

Scara doesn’t pick fights. His posts are quite strange, I’ll grant you. Casual diatribes against people with protected characteristics, gloating about exploitation of the benighted souls who toil in his salt mine, unwarranted Sissoko rage, sado-monetarist political ramblings, and so on. But he’s generally rather hospitable to people who waste their lives on his board and earn him ad revenue. The SC lot, though, actively hate their users, rather in the way that Ryanair loathes its customers.

I wasn't being entirely serious. He's a decent fella despite the public persona. While the rest of your post sums him up, I'm not sure the Sissoko rage is unwarranted...

International jobs will be up for grabs depending who flips over the next month

managers in their prime dont really go for them. More people who are nearing retirement, or people in their 40s looking to raise their profile

A decent manager in his prime doesnt take an international job

managers in their prime dont really go for them. More people who are nearing retirement, or people in their 40s looking to raise their profile

A decent manager in his prime doesnt take an international job
Contes done Italy. He might do England. There's only 12 months to the World Cup too

Back