• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I think GLC and ndombele are exactly where dembele and eriksen were just prior to poch's arrival. Clearly talented but in need of some coaching and structure to allow them to flourish
Well let’s hope we get the correct manager to do it .

Strange - it's the opposite for me. I see Lo Celso trying really hard, even if everything he does doesn't come off. By contrast, if the game isn't going Ndombele's way in the first 5m, he shrinks into his shell. I have no time for those players right now, and if I were asked which to keep and which to sell, I'd probably keep Lo Celso and sell Ndombele.
I do agree with you to a certain extent but I think I would sell both.

The betting market for transfers and managerial appointments are so small it doesn't take much to skew things - a couple of people putting a wager on having seen a name in an article is probably all it takes to make someone a favourite

I don’t get the Inzaghi betting
But then The bookies mainly react to money being laid out

I think that it becomes a bit circular, people backing a candidate because the odds are short. When a new person is added on spread betting, they start at very narrow odds. This then gets picked up by the Spurs blogs, looking for a story, and say that there is a surprise new favourite. This drives more people to back them. And so on an so on.

We are led to believe by all of the better placed journos that none of the Italians are under consideration. It looks to me like Potter is increasingly likely, unless we can convince Rodgers to leave Leicester, which feels unlikely.

I think that it becomes a bit circular, people backing a candidate because the odds are short. When a new person is added on spread betting, they start at very narrow odds. This then gets picked up by the Spurs blogs, looking for a story, and say that there is a surprise new favourite. This drives more people to back them. And so on an so on.

We are led to believe by all of the better placed journos that none of the Italians are under consideration. It looks to me like Potter is increasingly likely, unless we can convince Rodgers to leave Leicester, which feels unlikely.
I’d be really happy with that

I would too. Potter is a smart guy and a good coach. I think that he could build something here and get more out of our squad than we've seen for a few years.
I genuinely think a half decent coach would get a big step up just by getting these guys fit enough
And great coach will add flexibility and confidence
Potter fits that Bill

I genuinely think a half decent coach would get a big step up just by getting these guys fit enough
And great coach will add flexibility and confidence
Potter fits that Bill

Fitness definitely needs to improve, as would having an established system where players know their roles and gets the best out of them.

I think that we are suffering from Mourinho focusing on defensive drills and how to neutralise opponents.

Today will be intriguing as last week we lost for picking a suicidal line up and carrying a few players
Add in the mistakes and it was an easy win for Leeds
Today we’re playing a broken side too so no excuses on the quality front
Be great to see the semblance of a plan

I would too. Potter is a smart guy and a good coach. I think that he could build something here and get more out of our squad than we've seen for a few years.

I wasn't too keen on him at first but now that Rodgers and Ten Hag are out of the picture and after reading a couple of in-depth pieces about him, I wouldn't mind giving him a try. Every time I see his name, I can't help but feel like he's Gerry Francis MKII but everything about Spurs reminds me of the 90s at the moment, so it's more on me than him. And, even then, you could argue that The Badger held the record for our best finish in the Premier League for quite some time (if I remember correctly).

I'm a big fan of Potter. Nearly everytime I watch Brighton play they are bright and progressive and create plenty of good opportunities and they defend well too apart from set pieces, apparently. Last night they were poor in the 1st half, maybe due to the comfort of being safe but then really picked up 2nd half and should have won. Did Potter 'get into them' at half time? Another good sign if so.

I wasn't too keen on him at first but now that Rodgers and Ten Hag are out of the picture and after reading a couple of in-depth pieces about him, I wouldn't mind giving him a try. Every time I see his name, I can't help but feel like he's Gerry Francis MKII but everything about Spurs reminds me of the 90s at the moment, so it's more on me than him. And, even then, you could argue that The Badger held the record for our best finish in the Premier League for quite some time (if I remember correctly).
Looking at it from where we were a couple of years ago, to go from Pochettino to Potter seems incredibly poor. If you’d offered us fans that back then I think we would’ve said no way!

Unfortunately though beggars can’t be choosers and I’m not sure we’re a particularly attractive package for a real top manager with our owners, so we’re going to have to take a gamble. Whatever gamble the board do go with though they will have to stick with and give time to. If we finish 6th to 8th for a season or two that’s around par for us and the owners need to see if they can build on that given time and some backing.

I expect the owners of several PL clubs of similar standard to us will inject their own funds to strengthen this summer. I think Leicester, Leeds and Everton will all be reasonably large net spenders and that’s before considering several of the teams already better than us like Emirates Marketing Project, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea. It’s a tough ask for a new manager to get top 6, unless they are backed quite heavily.

The nineties?! I am just as downbeat about this season as everyone else here, but the nineties saw us finishing between 8th and 15th on a regular basis, with players like Jason Dozzell. I don't want to ever go back there again, and Levy has done enough (and Poch too) to make sure that decade remains firmly locked away.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I agree with your assessment of their time here but for me there's a question mark over how much is down to the (lack of) coaching the past couple of years - Hojberg & Regulion as an example came in looked good then slowly got worse as time went on - that sort of regression with new players to me suggests something wasn't right on the training pitch

I'd argue the sheer amount of games we played with only a small break in summer were to blame. We had qualifiers for the europa to play and in december we played 9 games. It killed us. Before that we were top of the league.

Back