• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I agree with your assessment of their time here but for me there's a question mark over how much is down to the (lack of) coaching the past couple of years - Hojberg & Regulion as an example came in looked good then slowly got worse as time went on - that sort of regression with new players to me suggests something wasn't right on the training pitch
Fitness
And motivation

I agree with your assessment of their time here but for me there's a question mark over how much is down to the (lack of) coaching the past couple of years - Hojberg & Regulion as an example came in looked good then slowly got worse as time went on - that sort of regression with new players to me suggests something wasn't right on the training pitch

Mourinho has no interest in developing players. He wants to sign finished articles.

Mourinho has no interest in developing players. He wants to sign finished articles.

I agree and without getting in to a Mourinho slanging match that's entirely his perogative tbf, it's served him well over the years, however that means I'm loathe to write off any of the players brought in since the CL final

I agree and without getting in to a Mourinho slanging match that's entirely his perogative tbf, it's served him well over the years, however that means I'm loathe to write off any of the players brought in since the CL final

Same. It meant he was always going to be the wrong appointment for us. Hopefully, the next manager is a better fit and we can judge the players fairly

I am convinced that if we had signed Tielemans that they had signed Ndombele and Lo Celso we would be casting envious eyes at Ndombele and Lo Celso and saying that Tielemans is average.
Possibly . I see where you are coming from but for me they are not going to cut it if we want to move back towards the top 4.

Let’s hope that’s the case. Or we will have more players we struggle to sell .

Think coaching could be a factor . Jose supposedly left United really unfit. We look a bit like that. Compared to Poch early seasons.
Tanguy has some real talent and hopefully a good coach can get more from him and some consistency . Lo Celso I am just not sold.

Let’s hope that’s the case. Or we will have more players we struggle to sell .

Think coaching could be a factor . Jose supposedly left United really unfit. We look a bit like that. Compared to Poch early seasons.
Tanguy has some real talent and hopefully a good coach can get more from him and some consistency . Lo Celso I am just not sold.

Strange - it's the opposite for me. I see Lo Celso trying really hard, even if everything he does doesn't come off. By contrast, if the game isn't going Ndombele's way in the first 5m, he shrinks into his shell. I have no time for those players right now, and if I were asked which to keep and which to sell, I'd probably keep Lo Celso and sell Ndombele.

United are 400% closer to winning the CL than us
But their still not close to winning the big trophies
This United side ended up in the Europa as they got knocked out of the CL
And their finishing second IMO because everyone else has been poor
They have stood still whilst everyone else has got worse
Not coincidence that most fob the bigger sides have had their worse season in some time and they haven’t, hence finishing second but a long way off city
And I say big trophies as that’s what people talk about. I’ve heard many fans say the fa cup, league cup or Europa cup ain’t keeping big players happy
When you were bigging up Jose earlier this season you were lauding his Europa win. You can’t have it both ways mate.

When you were bigging up Jose earlier this season you were lauding his Europa win. You can’t have it both ways mate.
Hey
I’m saying what everyone else has said
A Europa win for us is a BIG trophy
But everyone else seems to think it isn’t
Beggars can’t be choosers
But for united with their expenditure and wage bill.... I’d argue it’s not

Hey
I’m saying what everyone else has said
A Europa win for us is a BIG trophy
But everyone else seems to think it isn’t
Beggars can’t be choosers
But for united with their expenditure and wage bill.... I’d argue it’s not
So as a few of us said.... Jose winning the Europa with Man Utd was no big deal.

Think we need a DOF moving forward .

Rodon fair enough i did say time will tell. GLC and Tanguy not having it. GLC is so one footed it’s painful. We need a proper Eriksen replacement. We have no passer. Someone who unpicks defences. Get a proper No 10 and get Kane back up the sharp end occupying CBs.

18 months of no signings is a failure in of itself. That’s a good reason we are behind.
I think GLC and ndombele are exactly where dembele and eriksen were just prior to poch's arrival. Clearly talented but in need of some coaching and structure to allow them to flourish

Strange - it's the opposite for me. I see Lo Celso trying really hard, even if everything he does doesn't come off. By contrast, if the game isn't going Ndombele's way in the first 5m, he shrinks into his shell. I have no time for those players right now, and if I were asked which to keep and which to sell, I'd probably keep Lo Celso and sell Ndombele.
No doubt he works hard . I’d do the opposite . Keep Tanguy and sell GLC

Back