• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Mediocre or poorly managed?
Mediocre . Lo Celso , Tanguy in my opinion are not going to be top quality CMs. Both have ability but ultimately failed to show it on a consistent basis and don’t think they will. Bergie is no better than what we had. Loans of Bale and Vini hit and miss. Rodon the jury is out and time will tell .

Have any of them greatly improved our side ? Not really . So that’s not good business.

No way he leaves a club and owners that push to win trophies to come to us.
He might but I think he would be crazy too. Leicester to me look to have at the very least as much chance as success as we do. Given the obvious fact they've actually won things in recent times whereas we haven't.

Mediocre . Lo Celso , Tanguy in my opinion are not going to be top quality CMs. Both have ability but ultimately failed to show it on a consistent basis and don’t think they will. Bergie is no better than what we had. Loans of Bale and Vini hit and miss. Rodon the jury is out and time will tell .

Have any of them greatly improved our side ? Not really . So that’s not good business.

I think, to be fair, the signings were pretty good. The club has been on a down swing, a transition period, and it’s not easy for any player to stand out when the whole club is underperforming. I think GLC is good, Tanguay will come good, Rodon is a decent, if very ENIC ‘value for the future’ kind of buy.

If we are consistently in the top 4 spenders over the mid term, I’ll be pretty happy. I’m just not convinced it will be consistent as yet. We were coming off of 18 months of no signings, where as clubs like Liverpool had a settled squad and didn’t want to make too many moves.

And it does just come down to having a plan and a strategy for us to compete. For a while Poch and Levy’s strategies overlapped quite well, but then Poch knew he needed top players capable of performing at a consistent high level. The signings we made still needed to settle, still were more potential, albeit talented. If we make a move like Liverpool did to get a top goalkeeper and a top CB, that’s what I want to see. Rodon is a very good example of a Levy signing, when if we were really going to make a push we would have signed someone more proven.

I think, to be fair, the signings were pretty good. The club has been on a down swing, a transition period, and it’s not easy for any player to stand out when the whole club is underperforming. I think GLC is good, Tanguay will come good, Rodon is a decent, if very ENIC ‘value for the future’ kind of buy.

If we are consistently in the top 4 spenders over the mid term, I’ll be pretty happy. I’m just not convinced it will be consistent as yet. We were coming off of 18 months of no signings, where as clubs like Liverpool had a settled squad and didn’t want to make too many moves.

And it does just come down to having a plan and a strategy for us to compete. For a while Poch and Levy’s strategies overlapped quite well, but then Poch knew he needed top players capable of performing at a consistent high level. The signings we made still needed to settle, still were more potential, albeit talented. If we make a move like Liverpool did to get a top goalkeeper and a top CB, that’s what I want to see. Rodon is a very good example of a Levy signing, when if we were really going to make a push we would have signed someone more proven.

Think we need a DOF moving forward .

Rodon fair enough i did say time will tell. GLC and Tanguy not having it. GLC is so one footed it’s painful. We need a proper Eriksen replacement. We have no passer. Someone who unpicks defences. Get a proper No 10 and get Kane back up the sharp end occupying CBs.

18 months of no signings is a failure in of itself. That’s a good reason we are behind.

Agreed. One of the challenges we have now though is that we're not as attractive to players as we wee a couple years ago...so we need to more rely on our ability to spot good players who see Spurs as a step up....yet our scouting hasn't shown much ability to identify decent, but less well known players, for a few years.

This means we need to be able to either out-spend comparable teams, or have a manager who can out coach rivals. The first of those isn't possible, and the second is unknown at the moment

I still think we have a core decent players, but there aint much of a feel good feeling around Spurs at the moment

There's that famous expression 'the darkest hour is just before the dawn' which an old historian came up with. We need to hope its true

I am convinced that if we had signed Tielemans that they had signed Ndombele and Lo Celso we would be casting envious eyes at Ndombele and Lo Celso and saying that Tielemans is average.

I agree with your assessment of their time here but for me there's a question mark over how much is down to the (lack of) coaching the past couple of years - Hojberg & Regulion as an example came in looked good then slowly got worse as time went on - that sort of regression with new players to me suggests something wasn't right on the training pitch

Back