• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Yup, but if you're going to react to it each rumour that you're looking for the next protest...
I doubt very much that we have an interest in Southgate no matter what some daily rag or clickbait says
Perhaps this thread should be renamed *** ONMT - Official New Manager Thread *** to make the obvious similarities with the OMTs even more apparent.

Massive in the heat overreactions and jumping to conclusions seems to be the name of the game.

I saw that too, but its only PaddyPower/betfair which are offering those odds.

Really cant see what Parker has done to deserve the Spurs job

Last Word On Spurs (@LastWordOnSpurs) Tweeted:
[@FootyInsider247] | Fulham boss Scott Parker is now emerging as a leading contender to become the new Tottenham Hotspur manager.

⏳Whispers of an approach have intensified in the last 24 hours although Spurs are willing to bide their time.

#THFC #COYS
https://t.co/dPfYgIY9me

I'm not sure why you'd go for him rather than say Daniel Farke. At least Norwich have stormed the championship whereas Parker finished in 4th for Fulham, and is then likely to take them down this year. Neither of them should be in the running

I don't agree with your last line - if Levy thinks he cant take the club any further, why would he appoint Parker?!?!?

Plus Norwich have had a good eye for young players in past couple of years.

I can’t see Parker as anything more than a potential assistant atm

I wouldn’t mind Parker. His teams are committed and give their all. He’s young and hungry as well. Probably not consistent or experienced enough ultimately, but there are many worse options.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The Parker stuff is nuts. Compare what he has done so far as a Prem manager with Eddie Howe who kept B'mouth in the Prem over many seasons, sometimes well up the table, on a zero budget AND played entertaining football. EH rarely gets a mention and when he does it is generally negative. Don't understand.

The Parker stuff is nuts. Compare what he has done so far as a Prem manager with Eddie Howe who kept B'mouth in the Prem over many seasons, sometimes well up the table, on a zero budget AND played entertaining football. EH rarely gets a mention and when he does it is generally negative. Don't understand.
zero budget???

So.......this Manager search is going just as well as everything else at THFC. Its consistent at least. So many have said in this thread and forum about other changes needed aside from new manager, eg getting rid of deadwood and I'm very much in that camp. A new manager without some on pitch changes will have the same effect and frustration as experienced since GHod knows when !!

What’s your preferred shortlist? We will need a poll of course!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Better than Parker: Rodgers, ten Hag, Potter, Allegri, Rangnick, Flick, + probably several others who I'm unaware of or just barely know like Glasner, Conceicao

Worse than Parker: Southgate, Benitez, Sarri, Martinez,

Scott Parker might be a great manager longer-term, but I dont see that he's shown enough to be Spurs manager yet. All those which I have listed above have shown more and play an acceptably attractive enough type of football

So.......this Manager search is going just as well as everything else at THFC. Its consistent at least. So many have said in this thread and forum about other changes needed aside from new manager, eg getting rid of deadwood and I'm very much in that camp. A new manager without some on pitch changes will have the same effect and frustration as experienced since GHod knows when !!
Did you want a new manager in by now or something?

I don’t understand the bed wetting that’s going on, I really don’t! If we end up with someone like Southgate then ok, but there is zero to suggest that is going to be the case other than a few fans weak attitudes.

For all any of us know the contract is already signed*.

Really no need to panic yet.

*I remain convinced it will be Rodgers and this is the case.

Did you want a new manager in by now or something?

I don’t understand the bed wetting that’s going on, I really don’t! If we end up with someone like Southgate then ok, but there is zero to suggest that is going to be the case other than a few fans weak attitudes.
My expectations was there would be some sort of considered planning before sacking the brick one, whats transpired is a series of choices signing new contracts or moving on elsewhere. All smacks of a plan implemented without any replacement lined up.

My expectations was there would be some sort of considered planning before sacking the brick one, whats transpired is a series of choices signing new contracts or moving on elsewhere. All smacks of a plan implemented without any replacement lined up.
So we should've stuck with Mourinho and give him time to do further damage? The ones that have signed new contracts or moved were never realistic targets.
Everyone knew Nagelsmann was going to Bayern and not available, but still a few on here are crying and making out it was Levy failing to get him.

So we should've stuck with Mourinho and give him time to do further damage? The ones that have signed new contracts or moved were never realistic targets.
Everyone knew Nagelsmann was going to Bayern and not available, but still a few on here are crying and making out it was Levy failing to get him.
Where did I say that ?

You can criticise Levy of many things, but failing to plan ahead is not one of them. People are getting their knickers in a twist because a few names mentioned in the press haven’t come to fruition, and quite frankly no one here knows who Levy is considering. The only fact we do know is that Mason is in charge until the end of the season, which was part of Levy’s plan and suggests that Levy’s plan didn’t involve recruiting his preferences immediately.....

You can criticise Levy of many things, but failing to plan ahead is not one of them. People are getting their knickers in a twist because a few names mentioned in the press haven’t come to fruition, and quite frankly no one here knows who Levy is considering. The only fact we do know is that Mason is in charge until the end of the season, which was part of Levy’s plan and suggests that Levy’s plan didn’t involve recruiting his preferences immediately.....
Fair points, but assumptions also.

Back