• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Once again there are fans getting their knickers in a twist because s ome rag suggests this name or that name and when the fail to happen they throw toys out of the pram. Papers are full of flimflam and you would think that by now fans would take it all with a pinch of salt. Its the same with transfers s ome outlet says we are interested with such and such a paper and when it does not happen fans slag off the club. :rolleyes:

Another idea, maybe he’s just waiting for Everton to fire Carlo so we don’t have to pay any compensation.

He’s probably the other great manger in the game Levy was referring to right?

You can criticise Levy of many things, but failing to plan ahead is not one of them. People are getting their knickers in a twist because a few names mentioned in the press haven’t come to fruition, and quite frankly no one here knows who Levy is considering. The only fact we do know is that Mason is in charge until the end of the season, which was part of Levy’s plan and suggests that Levy’s plan didn’t involve recruiting his preferences immediately.....

Really?

I am absolutely certain Levy didn’t have a plan when sacking Jose. I’m sure he may have liked a few of the names banded around, and I think it’s a sad state of affairs when we aren’t a good proposition for Ajax’s manager. Clearly good managers don’t view this project as worth their time, and probably don’t want to work within ‘Levy’s plan’ anymore. He got lucky with Poch, and he’s now scrabbling around. He’s made bad calls.

I hope we can get Rangnick. I wouldn’t be surprised with Potter. From where we were 2 years ago to this juncture now, it is a total failure IMO.

We don’t know that there was ever any real interest in ten Hag.

We don’t know anything about who is next, only that Mason is in charge until the end of the season.

No conclusions can be drawn at this point.
Nothing is certain other than we need a manager
But it’s better to speculate and read the dribble in the press
Because when there most any games to play it’s actually boring

Really?

I am absolutely certain Levy didn’t have a plan when sacking Jose. I’m sure he may have liked a few of the names banded around, and I think it’s a sad state of affairs when we aren’t a good proposition for Ajax’s manager. Clearly good managers don’t view this project as worth their time, and probably don’t want to work within ‘Levy’s plan’ anymore. He got lucky with Poch, and he’s now scrabbling around. He’s made bad calls.

I hope we can get Rangnick. I wouldn’t be surprised with Potter. From where we were 2 years ago to this juncture now, it is a total failure IMO.

How do you know we even considered the Ajax manager? You’re clouding our manager search with your own opinions on Levy.

Fact is, none of us know anything at this stage. There’s been no reliable sources giving news on our preferred target other than ‘young with an attacking mindset.’

How do you know we even considered the Ajax manager? You’re clouding our manager search with your own opinions on Levy.

Fact is, none of us know anything at this stage. There’s been no reliable sources giving news on our preferred target other than ‘young with an attacking mindset.’

Fair cop, I don’t know because I’m not involved in those discussions. But can you give me a justifiable reason as to why ETH wouldn’t be a candidate for us? Develops young players, plays good progressive football, experience at the latter stages of European competition, one year left on his contract? Why would he not be a candidate?

Clearly the Spurs side of the equation is briefing that actually, we were the ones that said no. But I don’t really buy it, not in the same they would like us to buy it. I can see buy what happened is ETH wanting certain assurances around backing, both incomings and outgoings, and Levy not being willing to offer it. As such we can say he wasn’t the right person for us, and it’s technically true.

Technically true, yes. But he should be a candidate for us. Our club, with our stadium, training ground, and players like Kane and Son, in the most competitive league with the most money. He should be interested in this job. That we are too far apart for the job to be an attractive match says a lot, regardless of whether we agree one side or the other actually said no.

Who do people think Levy is actually keeping his powder dry for? If he pulls off Rodgers, I’ll say fair play, he got a really good manager in, and played the cards well. I don’t have confidence that Rodgers would come near us though. I can see Marcelino, Potter, Parker, Farke being in the frame. Rangnick potentially, but only if Levy is willing to give up control as he should. But none of the actual realistic names are ones that Levy needs to stretch to get, those are the ones that don’t set the pulses racing and would be silly not to want to talk to us.

There seems more over reaction from posters reacting to people's opinions of potential candidates, then there is over reaction about the candidates.

Might as well shut this thread down if every time an opinion is voiced there is a cry of knicker twisting, which funnily enough is more emotional than the original post.

There seems more over reaction from posters reacting to people's opinions of potential candidates, then there is over reaction about the candidates.

Might as well shut this thread down if every time an opinion is voiced there is a cry of knicker twisting, which funnily enough is more emotional than the original post.
People are reacting to posters having digs at Levy about not getting in whoever the latest speculated manager is, when no one knows who we are potentially interested in. I don’t see anyone having an issue with simply discussing potential managers, unless it’s Southgate - I’m not having that :D.....

Fair cop, I don’t know because I’m not involved in those discussions. But can you give me a justifiable reason as to why ETH wouldn’t be a candidate for us? Develops young players, plays good progressive football, experience at the latter stages of European competition, one year left on his contract? Why would he not be a candidate?

Clearly the Spurs side of the equation is briefing that actually, we were the ones that said no. But I don’t really buy it, not in the same they would like us to buy it. I can see buy what happened is ETH wanting certain assurances around backing, both incomings and outgoings, and Levy not being willing to offer it. As such we can say he wasn’t the right person for us, and it’s technically true.

Technically true, yes. But he should be a candidate for us. Our club, with our stadium, training ground, and players like Kane and Son, in the most competitive league with the most money. He should be interested in this job. That we are too far apart for the job to be an attractive match says a lot, regardless of whether we agree one side or the other actually said no.

Who do people think Levy is actually keeping his powder dry for? If he pulls off Rodgers, I’ll say fair play, he got a really good manager in, and played the cards well. I don’t have confidence that Rodgers would come near us though. I can see Marcelino, Potter, Parker, Farke being in the frame. Rangnick potentially, but only if Levy is willing to give up control as he should. But none of the actual realistic names are ones that Levy needs to stretch to get, those are the ones that don’t set the pulses racing and would be silly not to want to talk to us.

On the surface of it, I agree - with Nagelsmann gone, I thought ten Hag would have been a good shout. However, Levy might have spoken to him, and he said "actually it's just not the right time, I'm enjoying my time and Ajax and want to extend my contract." Or a hundred other possible conversations.

There's no doubt we're all feeling it at the moment, how far we've dropped since peak Pochettino, but I just don't think there's enough information to place any blame on Levy for the manager search just yet.

I don't see any problem with discussing the merits of the various candidates touted in the press, but I'd rather wait until an appointment is made before passing judgement on Levy. And even then, you never know... The guy who lands the job could surprise you. You could hire one of the biggest names in modern football and he could turn out to be a complete flop.

I haven't seen Brighton at all this season, bar for the two games we played against them (if you could call our performance at their place 'playing') and I'm too old to be into xG but in terms of stature within the game, he somehow reminds me of our good friend Gerry 'The Badger' Francis, who performed miracles at QPR and then... well, the less said, the better.

Whoever it is, even Southgate (urgh), I'm ready to give them a few months before forming an opinion. I just hope that the shadow of what might have been won't hang above the new manager's head ('I'm sure Rodgers/Ten Hag/Nagelsmann/my uncle would have done better').

Potter appointment would please me.
I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want him. As far as I am concerned he needs to prove that he can make Brighton more than just perennial strugglers. Like Sean Dyche has done, like a succession of Southampton managers have done, like Hodgson did at Fulham before going to Liverpool like Eddie Howe did for several years with Bournemouth. We should be going for the Ten Haag's or the Rodgers of this world not the Graham Potter's.

I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want him. As far as I am concerned he needs to prove that he can make Brighton more than just perennial strugglers. Like Sean Dyche has done, like a succession of Southampton managers have done, like Hodgson did at Fulham before going to Liverpool like Eddie Howe did for several years with Bournemouth. We should be going for the Ten Haag's or the Rodgers of this world not the Graham Potter's.
You mean like he did in Sweden?

Back