• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I guess Levy’s plan was to let Mourinho see out the season then make the change. Then Mourinho lost the dressing room, and Levy had to act.

I think that is probably right. There was rumoured to be a split with the French players but obviously, he'd upset more than that.

I’m not defending mourinho but this group are easily upset.

On the whole this squad have not performed for about 30 months.

It certainly true that they haven't performed for a while. I don't think that the way to turn that around was to criticise players in public, leave them out of the squad without reason for long periods and then bring them back, only to discard them at the first mistake. And repeat.

Mourinho's methods are antiquated.

I think there is a lot of truth/sense in both of those posts. Lets hope we can clear out a lot of the deadwood this summer and start afresh in August.
We need to get the manager sorted first before clearing the deadwood. What might be deadwood for one manger might not be for another e.g. Potter often plays with wingbacks, Doherty would probably benefit from that, under another manager he's probably one of the first out the door

Last edited:
We need to get the manager sorted first before clearing the deadwood. What might be deadwood for one manger might not be for another e.g. Potter often plays with wingbacks, Doherty would probably benefit from that, other another manager he's probably one of the first out the door

Of course a new manager has to be priority, as for the deadwood well they were brick under Poch and also Jose so to trust them to decide to play under a third manager is not a option for me. Doherty has not been here that long so yes he may deserve another look at under a new manager, but those who downed tools under Poch and Jose need shifting out. imo

We need to get the manager sorted first before clearing the deadwood. What might be deadwood for one manger might not be for another e.g. Potter often plays with wingbacks, Doherty would probably benefit from that, under another manager he's probably one of the first out the door

Players on the second manager fine, those on third need to leave ASAP.

Can’t see any manager wanting some of the lumps we have, which doesn’t help us sell.

Looking at the odds for the next manager, Scott Parker is now favorite, his odds have been slashed today. Any strong rumors around him?

I saw that too, but its only PaddyPower/betfair which are offering those odds.

Really cant see what Parker has done to deserve the Spurs job

Its just a natural reaction to what must be loads of people lumping money on him, which in itself would have come from some sites tweeting he is one of the favs.

Looks a good up and coming manager but he should be taken when he is ready and in his prime, not at the beginning of his career when he is still very much learning.

If he is appointed it is basically levy holding his hands up saying ‘‘I’m done, I cant take the club any further, feel free to ramp up the protests several notches’’

Its just a natural reaction to what must be loads of people lumping money on him, which in itself would have come from some sites tweeting he is one of the favs.

Looks a good up and coming manager but he should be taken when he is ready and in his prime, not at the beginning of his career when he is still very much learning.

If he is appointed it is basically levy holding his hands up saying ‘‘I’m done, I cant take the club any further, feel free to ramp up the protests several notches’’

I'm not sure why you'd go for him rather than say Daniel Farke. At least Norwich have stormed the championship whereas Parker finished in 4th for Fulham, and is then likely to take them down this year. Neither of them should be in the running

I don't agree with your last line - if Levy thinks he cant take the club any further, why would he appoint Parker?!?!?

Gareth Southgate is 'flattered' by Spurs interest and would consider the role in an event that he is sacked by the FA.

What day is that protest scheduled for?

The only saving grace is that I'd imagine we'd want the manager in as soon as possible instead of waiting till England get knocked out on penalties to Albania.

Gareth Southgate is 'flattered' by Spurs interest and would consider the role in an event that he is sacked by the FA.

The only saving grace is that I'd imagine we'd want the manager in as soon as possible instead of waiting till England get knocked out on pelanties to Albania.

Assuming Levy wants an attacking, entertaining manager as rumoured, that rules out Southgate immediately. His teams are painfully dull and conservative

The only saving grace is that I'd imagine we'd want the manager in as soon as possible instead of waiting till England get knocked out on pelanties to Albania.
Who said we are interested, some daily rag? If you're going to overreact every time there's a quote in the papers over the managers job you're in for a stressful few weeks

Back