• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Can’t work out who is worse
Them
Or the Spurs show and their constant drone of moaning

The Spurs Show remains by some distance the best Spurs podcast for me. Mike Leigh is excellent: knowledgeable, funny and realistic. Theo Delaney isn’t far behind - and they have some great guests.

I’d also take issue with The Last Word on Spurs being cast as doom mongers. You’d be hard pressed to find a more optimistic Spurs fan than Lee McQueen, and they were very balanced in their view of our play under Mourinho.

The Spurs Show remains by some distance the best Spurs podcast for me. Mike Leigh is excellent: knowledgeable, funny and realistic. Theo Delaney isn’t far behind - and they have some great guests.

I’d also take issue with The Last Word on Spurs being cast as doom mongers. You’d be hard pressed to find a more optimistic Spurs fan than Lee McQueen, and they were very balanced in their view of our play under Jose.
Last word aren’t moaners.... the comment was bait their Twitter
The Spurs show are moaners
And regularly indirect in a lot of what they say
They had Graham Robert’s on the other week and the amount of errors he got on players details were scary really
This week I started the one after the final and turned off after 10 mins.
I’d say that their knowledge is actually limited and it’s got too old a demographic now

Last word aren’t moaners.... the comment was bait their Twitter
The Spurs show are moaners
And regularly indirect in a lot of what they say
They had Graham Robert’s on the other week and the amount of errors he got on players details were scary really
This week I started the one after the final and turned off after 10 mins.
I’d say that their knowledge is actually limited and it’s got too old a demographic now

I’d disagree. But there you go!

And they’d be entitled to moan after that brickshow last Sunday, to be fair.

I’d disagree. But there you go!
Hey
Horses for courses
I have stopped listening to the last word as they have the knob from blue on it a lot and he loves the sound of his own voice
Poor old Ricky is also a swinger... can’t work out if we’re ever good or bad. They actually miss Jason on there

I’d also take issue with The Last Word on Spurs being cast as doom mongers. You’d be hard pressed to find a more optimistic Spurs fan than Lee McQueen, and they were very balanced in their view of our play under Mourinho.

Theo's a mate of mine, was a regular poster on here and is a great bloke.

What will happen is the natural culmination of the ENIC era: Levy finally taking complete control over the club as both chairman, head scout, director of football and manager.

You heard it here first.

What will happen is the natural culmination of the ENIC era: Levy finally taking complete control over the club as both chairman, head scout, director of football and manager.

You heard it here first.

Ron Noades style

You heard it here first.
The Directors 1908–1913 - 42.8% win rate - our worst ever...

You heard it here first.

The appointment will tell us something about his intentions going forward.

a) Pretend we're a big club and hire the most expensive big name manager we can find.

b) Get an experienced DoF and give him the freedom to do what needs to be done.

c) Hire an up and coming, but not too demanding, coach and keep the current hierarchy.

Per the bbc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56955341

Tottenham are in no rush to appoint a successor as manager to Jose Mourinho.

There has been intense speculation over Mourinho's replacement since he was sacked on 19 April.

RB Leipzig coach Julian Nagelsmann, Erik ten Hag and Brendan Rodgers have been linked with the Spurs job.

However, Nagelsmann has agreed to join Bayern Munich next season, while Ten Hag and Rodgers have pledged their futures to Ajax and Leicester respectively.

This has led to a view that Tottenham are struggling to find a new manager, which the club feel is unfair.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy was always prepared to take his time to work through a recruitment process and it is understood he is yet to identify a favoured candidate.

Any approaches for the men already linked to the job would have been pointless, but BBC Sport has been told that no discussions have been held.

Interim boss Ryan Mason is continuing to lead Spurs and it is thought unlikely that situation will change before the end of the season.

Spurs are seventh in the Premier League, five points off the top four, and have a favourable run-in until a last-day trip to third-placed Leicester.

I think Rodgers comments were a call to action at Spurs, basically saying he has no interest joining under the status quo at the club but if you change it to suit my needs (i.e. mimic lcfc) and also pay me shed loads I would be interested.

Calling us a huge incredible club (or something like that) was slightly over the top and might be telling!

Will be interesting to see what team he picks on the final day when lcfc will most likely already have 3rd wrapped up and be unable to end any higher. He’d be within his rights to ‘want to look at a few of the younger players’, whereas a result for us could secure a top 6 position and europa football rather than 7th and conference football - think we’d need to win all games prior to the lcfc one to be in with a chance of catching chelsea in 4th, which I cant see us doing despite the favourable run in.

I think Rodgers comments were a call to action at Spurs, basically saying he has no interest joining under the status quo at the club but if you change it to suit my needs (i.e. mimic lcfc) and also pay me shed loads I would be interested.

Calling us a huge incredible club (or something like that) was slightly over the top and might be telling!

Will be interesting to see what team he picks on the final day when lcfc will most likely already have 3rd wrapped up and be unable to end any higher. He’d be within his rights to ‘want to look at a few of the younger players’, whereas a result for us could secure a top 6 position and europa football rather than 7th and conference football - think we’d need to win all games prior to the lcfc one to be in with a chance of catching chelsea in 4th, which I cant see us doing despite the favourable run in.
We’d still probably lose.

Taking our time to assess options is all very well but delaying too long also opens up the possibility of other jobs becoming available (e.g. Arteta could be sacked). So the likes of Rodgers may think its better to keep their own options open for now as well.

Call me an eternal optimist, but we only need Yanited and the Chavs to beat Leicester - not inconceivable - and we win all of our games - yes, yes! - and we go into the final game with a win there taking us above Leicester (!), assuming they beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Easy…

Last edited:
Back