• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Villa is the last home game, that is the week before, Ajax's last game is the following day. The ENIC out protest is that day, so it might be quite a poisonous atmosphere too. I think that an announcement to the press and then an unveiling at the training ground after Leicester seem most likely.
Ah of course it’s the protest! Your timings make sense.

Only managers that tend to be announced whilst still in jobs are international ones.

Southgate :eek::cry:
Didn't Bayern just confirm Nagelsmann? Perhaps different for the truly elite clubs?

If it's actually finalised with weeks left of the season I think it will be difficult to keep secret. Leipzig are still in the German Cup even though they don't have much to play for in the league I'm guessing they would have preferred to keep it quiet, but just too many people involved.

I'm assuming it's true that Levy wants an announcement before the end of the season. I don't think it tells us much, if anything, about who the top targets are.

Didn't Bayern just confirm Nagelsmann? Perhaps different for the truly elite clubs?

If it's actually finalised with weeks left of the season I think it will be difficult to keep secret. Leipzig are still in the German Cup even though they don't have much to play for in the league I'm guessing they would have preferred to keep it quiet, but just too many people involved.

I'm assuming it's true that Levy wants an announcement before the end of the season. I don't think it tells us much, if anything, about who the top targets are.

The whole German league (players and managers) is Bayern's bitch .. everyone just rolls over

I'm sure i read they're required by law(?) to announce things like this in Germany

It's quite common for managers to be announced early in Germany and continue in their current job until the end of the season. The same happened with Rose going from Gladbach to Dortmund

The whole German league (players and managers) is Bayern's bitch .. everyone just rolls over

everyone raves over the 50+1 model in Germany but that's exactly why it's also so uncompetitive. Only reason Leipzig come close is because they DON'T go via the 50+1 model (well they do but all 20 members work for Red Bull...)

No billionaire owners want to invest because they can't, and therefore Bayern have free reign.

9th straight league title, literally makes a mockery of the Scottish league!

everyone raves over the 50+1 model in Germany but that's exactly why it's also so uncompetitive. Only reason Leipzig come close is because they DON'T go via the 50+1 model (well they do but all 20 members work for Red Bull...)

No billionaire owners want to invest because they can't, and therefore Bayern have free reign.

9th straight league title, non-figuratively makes a mockery of the Scottish league!

Would probably help us if that model was adopted across the PL

Don't disagree there's a lot of merit to 50+1, but it's also an entirely imperfect design in Germany that's used to solely espouse benefits, when it's also the reason the league is so uncompetitive.

9th straight league title, non-figuratively makes a mockery of the Scottish league!
It’s really poor for the other teams
Playing for second place at day one

I really don't see what fan ownership brings?

Most of the issues could be resolved by proper rules at league level
- proper FFP
- proper review of potential investors (no money laundering, real background checks)
- standard anti-competitive rules that apply in every other business (e.g. City cannot spend £2B on players and then charge cheap ticket prices)

You think fans would ever approve a project like our stadium? the training ground?

Ajax's last fixture is the week before ours

Think you’re onto something there. Seems the most likely to me now.

Last summer was the big turnaround, working on a new team?

“Well that started much earlier. In March 2018, I was in Southampton with Marc Overmars to talk to Dusan Tadic. My analysis about last season was clear. We lacked balance in the squad, in that important age group of what I call the middle category. Players with experience, but also with desire. We didn’t have any.”

http://dutchsoccersite.org/the-big-erik-ten-hag-interview/

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Okay I know f all about him, but after a cursory google I now think he’s the second coming. [emoji23]

Seems like the best option available. Never easy joining a new league. But his style is suitable and he seems very likeable. Plays attractive football but as a former defender he should be able to setup the defence. Ten Heg wasn’t a stellar player either which I think is a good thing. Rarely are the best players the best managers.

I would be happy with Potter or Ten Heg. Not sure the ‘little Mourinho’ who went to Byan is what we needed. Hard to choose between Potter and Ten Heg, but I think favour Potter slightly. He’s shown he can organise teams very well. He’s structured, methodical and knows the league.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Regarding how attractive we may or may not be to prospective new managers I think that amidst the current air of uncertainty it’s worth reflecting on the progress we’ve made over the past 10 years or more.
No we haven’t won a trophy! But as a supporter for over 40 years I can say I’ve watched my team play in a Champions League final and that’s something I thought would never happen.
Our stature as a club has grown!
We shouldn’t lose sight of that nor of what’s taken us to this point.
I would say our progress hasn’t been down to luck, rather it is due to the efforts of people with vision, ambition and drive matched with capability and talent - both on and off the field.
I don’t know Daniel Levy personally but I doubt if his ambition or abilities have decreased.
On the field we need someone to recreate the energy that has gone missing over the past 2 years.
Maybe this is rewriting history to suit the narrative but I think our progress on the pitch could be traced back to the appointment of Frank Arnesen and I do wonder if we have the people within the club who have their finger on the pulse in terms of identifying talented managers/coaches beyond the usual suspects. It’s certain that there are plenty of coaches out there with the necessary enthusiasm and talent who would bite our hands off at the opportunity to take us forward. Sure, it’s no easy task to identify the “right” one, but let’s face it the next appointment won’t be our last.
The bigger picture is to continue on the upward trajectory on all facets of the club.
So this guy Rangnick does interest me in that sense. (Though I don’t know that much about him, probably there are others who could do a similar job)
Sorry, this has probably been said previously - and more coherently than I can manage. Carry on!

Back