• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Would be funny if Levy has lined up Ten Hag but is waiting to see if PSG throw away the title and get knocked out of the Champions League first.

Poch only has about 6 months left on his contract doesn't he?

1 year, but yes, would be pure Levy!

I only posted the Poch comment as a joke - the only reason you might contemplate it more seriously is that there dont seem to be many manager options at the moment

Most important thing is that we back the new guy, whoever it is

1 year, but yes, would be pure Levy!

I only posted the Poch comment as a joke - the only reason you might contemplate it more seriously is that there dont seem to be many manager options at the moment

Most important thing is that we back the new guy, whoever it is

I agree

Welcome to Tottenham Gareth.

I don’t know much about Ten Haag, why is he not just the next De Boer?

De Boer 5 full seasons at Ajax:
Failed to get out of the CL group stage 4 times. Failed to get in it the other time.
After bring dumped into the Europa. Knocked out in the first knock out round 3 times, last 16 the other time and didn't get out of the Group Stage the final time.
Never won the Dutch cup.
Won the League the first 4 years then came 2nd the last two.

Peter Bosz comes in and get the team De Boer couldn't get out of the Europa Group stage the season before to the Europa League Final. Then poached by Dortmund.

Ten Hag.
League and Cup double in his first full season. Gets to the Champions League semi final. Plays us off the park with passing football from the future in the first leg. Then bottles it.
Wins the League next two seasons. Another double again this year. Didn't do great in Europe but respectable.

Would be funny if Levy has lined up Ten Hag but is waiting to see if PSG throw away the title and get knocked out of the Champions League first.

Poch only has about 6 months left on his contract doesn't he?

No. Summer 22 with the option of a further year. There is no way that Poch is getting sacked this summer.

If Ten Hag comes in wonder whether United would be open to selling VDB and whether that'd be a good move for us too?
I always thought he wasn’t technically brilliant but worked hard to pop up in the right areas
Reminded me of dele without the extra flashiness (good flashy) you get from dele
He isn’t a Fernandes replacement and it shows when they use him

Ah of course it’s the protest! Your timings make sense.

I think that the Villa game is getting moved so that fans can attend but they haven't announced the date yet. Maybe, Ten Haag might be in attendance if it is the Monday or later

Think you’re onto something there. Seems the most likely to me now.

Last summer was the big turnaround, working on a new team?

“Well that started much earlier. In March 2018, I was in Southampton with Marc Overmars to talk to Dusan Tadic. My analysis about last season was clear. We lacked balance in the squad, in that important age group of what I call the middle category. Players with experience, but also with desire. We didn’t have any.

http://dutchsoccersite.org/the-big-erik-ten-hag-interview/

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

That sounds like much of our squad. I like him already.

There is an argument to be made that he managed Ajax at a time when the there was less competition in the league. As soon as there was he finished behind PSV twice and has been rubbish ever since.

Also that Ten Hag has more of an education having managed behind Pep in Germany and at a lower level team and been relatively successful there. And he is man who got Ajax back to where they are now. He's also lost some major players and still managed to keep Ajax performing.

This part for me is key, managers who play with a system can usually cope with losing some players because the squad are drilled to play in a certain way. If you go down the individual route like us at the moment then the impact of a key player being out is much greater - can see when we don't have Son or Kane we're usually clueless.

This part for me is key, managers who play with a system can usually cope with losing some players because the squad are drilled to play in a certain way. If you go down the individual route like us at the moment then the impact of a key player being out is much greater - can see when we don't have Son or Kane we're usually clueless.

Agree totally, as would any devotee of early and mid-period Poch, which I hope includes all of us, but with one caveat: the system needs to evolve a little when other clubs work out how to frustrate it. That wasn’t a massive weakness for Poch but it wasn’t exactly a atrength.

De Boer 5 full seasons at Ajax:
Failed to get out of the CL group stage 4 times. Failed to get in it the other time.
After bring dumped into the Europa. Knocked out in the first knock out round 3 times, last 16 the other time and didn't get out of the Group Stage the final time.
Never won the Dutch cup.
Won the League the first 4 years then came 2nd the last two.

Peter Bosz comes in and get the team De Boer couldn't get out of the Europa Group stage the season before to the Europa League Final. Then poached by Dortmund.

Ten Hag.
League and Cup double in his first full season. Gets to the Champions League semi final. Plays us off the park with passing football from the future in the first leg. Then bottles it.
Wins the League next two seasons. Another double again this year. Didn't do great in Europe but respectable.
Why did Ten Hag ‘bottle it’?... This bottled it tag i keep on seeing is absolute nonsense. Ajax were the better team in both games and (for once) Spurs ended up being the lucky team instead of the opposition. How has a manager ‘bottled it’ when his team play the other one off the park for 2 games?

A manager bottling it is Jose Mourinho setting us up to play low block, defensive brick against a crap team like 2021 Arsenal.

The Spurs job would certainly be a step up for Ten Hag; Ajax have a proud tradition, but they're never able to spend meaningful money on players, and hence their youth focus

It would be an interesting appointment - far from risk-free for us, but at least we'd play attractive football again. I'm not sure whether he's a 'name' manager or someone who could attract players based on who he is, but then again I'm not sure any of the possible managers would be able to, with the possible exception of Allegri.

Would he be able to convince Kane to stay? Not sure...I think that would have to come from Levy giving Ten Hag enough cash to buy a couple decent first-choice players so that the quality of the players takes a setp up, in addition to having a system which makes us take a step up

Back