• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

From what we hear it doesn’t sound like Daniel Levy wants to pay compensation for a manager,” Ornstein said.

“Given the point about having to pay off previous managers, and you’re going to have to pay this new manager a really high salary.

If true, narrows the list down

We don't know .. and the random name throwing around suggests nobody else does either ..

From what we hear it doesn’t sound like Daniel Levy wants to pay compensation for a manager,” Ornstein said.

“Given the point about having to pay off previous managers, and you’re going to have to pay this new manager a really high salary.

If true, narrows the list down

"doesn't want to" - well, I'm sure he doesn't!! Doesnt mean to say that he won't have to do so

I'm not sure Potter, Ten Hag or the Wolfburg guy will be on huge salaries so potentially not too pricey

This is positive at least:

Nightmare scenario was is dragging on.

Probably rules out Rodgers - I cant see how we announce he'd be our manager before we play them...unless he resigns from Leicester before that game?

Not many out of work managers that tickle my fancy and i can't see us announcing someone currently in a job so that's not my idea of something positive...

Last edited:
Not many out of work managers that tickle my fancy and i can't see us announcing someone currently in a job so that's not my idea of sonething positive...

If they are outside of premier league (no conflict), announcing pre end of season wouldn't be an issue.

If we want to announce new manager before end of season, probably would make sense to do it for Villa game (last home game of season), so May 15th?

If they are outside of premier league (no conflict), announcing pre end of season wouldn't be an issue.

If we want to announce new manager before end of season, probably would make sense to do it for Villa game (last home game of season), so May 15th?

Even if they were in the PL, its possible that the manager might not have a conflict. For example, Brighton play Arsenal last game of the season and as long as we perform ok over the next couple weeks, that game might have zero bearing on us.

I'm not sure the Villa game has any bearing, unless the new guy will actually come in before then.

Even if they were in the PL, its possible that the manager might not have a conflict. For example, Brighton play Arsenal last game of the season and as long as we perform ok over the next couple weeks, that game might have zero bearing on us.

I'm not sure the Villa game has any bearing, unless the new guy will actually come in before then.

True, Hodgson is leaving Palace anyway right...

https://targetscouting.com/2021/02/23/vfl-wolfsburg-team-report

https://themastermindsite.com/2021/04/23/oliver-glasner-vfl-wolfsburg-tactical-analysis/

I'd be interested in what @Danishfurniturelover thinks. He watches a fair bit of German football. I've watched a fair bit of Wolfsburg these last two seasons, they play nice football.

I do watch a lot of particularly German and French football. You know at work this week when fans of other clubs told me who spurs will sign to replace Kane when he leaves(fans if other clubs seem so happy to tell me he is leaving, but you are not allowed to do the same about theirs) I rattled off about 4 players i would replace him with.

You know when you watch at least 2 or 3 league games a week from those leagues it easy to do so.

On Wolfsburg yes they play good football and the style I imagine would suit yours and mine tastes. Buti think any new managerial appointment has to come with the risk off it not working out due to the expectations placed on the manager by the club.

Did Levy just chance his arm with the Mourinho appointment or is this what he does now, like Chelsea just got after a high profile name.

If I am reading the mood right in here and not just creating my own narrative I think the is the backing for a Poch style appointment but that will only work if the board and Levy come out and say the will be lean times in any subsequent rebuild and we must stick together.

Worth noting that Wolfsburg like many German teams trust youth players. Will the board and the fans back a manager who plays youngsters who have the odd bad game?

I

Who is the ITK JJ that they all talk about on SC forum? They are talking as if his words are set in stone.

Who is the ITK JJ that they all talk about on SC forum? They are talking as if his words are set in stone.

JJetset - had links to Sherwood and got some good info around that time but been hit and miss since then.

That's my understanding anyway.

What's he been saying?

I do watch a lot of particularly German and French football. You know at work this week when fans of other clubs told me who spurs will sign to replace Kane when he leaves(fans if other clubs seem so happy to tell me he is leaving, but you are not allowed to do the same about theirs) I rattled off about 4 players i would replace him with.

You know when you watch at least 2 or 3 league games a week from those leagues it easy to do so.

On Wolfsburg yes they play good football and the style I imagine would suit yours and mine tastes. Buti think any new managerial appointment has to come with the risk off it not working out due to the expectations placed on the manager by the club.

Did Levy just chance his arm with the Mourinho appointment or is this what he does now, like Chelsea just got after a high profile name.

If I am reading the mood right in here and not just creating my own narrative I think the is the backing for a Poch style appointment but that will only work if the board and Levy come out and say the will be lean times in any subsequent rebuild and we must stick together.

Worth noting that Wolfsburg like many German teams trust youth players. Will the board and the fans back a manager who plays youngsters who have the odd bad game?

I

I think that he thought that Mourinho could take the existing squad over the line. My understanding is that Mourinho's agents had been telling Levy that for a while and pushing for him to be given the job.

I think that Ten Haag looks like the man most likely to get the job now.

I think I made that point yesterday. I’d be surprised if this wasn’t announced before the last home game, which is now midweek, right?

Villa is the last home game, that is the week before, Ajax's last game is the following day. The ENIC out protest is that day, so it might be quite a poisonous atmosphere too. I think that an announcement to the press and then an unveiling at the training ground after Leicester seem most likely.

JJetset - had links to Sherwood and got some good info around that time but been hit and miss since then.

That's my understanding anyway.

What's he been saying?

Not quite sure, people are suggesting managers and people are replying saying JJ said it wasn’t him etc.

Back