• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next England Manager Thread

For me there's 4 options:

1) Klinsmann and Howe (in and Klinsmann and Low 2004-6 style setup)

2) Hoddle

3) Wenger

4) 2 more years of abject failure (Bruce, Pardew or Southgate)

We need a new poll!

Im actually changing my mind. Glenn would be my choice out of the current list above.

Bones is he stop being a pundit on BT (fingers crossed)

Hoddle with Howe as part time assistant, Howe takes over the euro winners in 4 years time!

Don't think that partnership will happen, but I'd like it to.

I said last time around it should be Hoddle and we ended up with the Dinasour Fat Sam. Give it to Hoddle and appoint a younger manager to work with him.

Hoddle for now and let the tea leaves determine his successor.

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't one of Bruce, Southgate or Wenger. Hoddle is a dinosaur and Klinsmann would require change within the FA.

You say Hoddle is a dinosaur and yet think Bruce is in the running. :confused:

Because he has recently been interviewed for the position and worked as a manager during the last decade. The other one spouts outdated tactical views on tv.

Not saying Bruce should get it, but he is far more likely to.

Hoddle for me by some way as he gets the game and has the vast experience needed

He is also a manager who hasn't relegated a side I believe unlike Bruce for example or Southgate or shearer

But we know it will be Southgate as he suits them nicely and he will do an ok job IMO

Anyone to add or take away from this list for the poll?

Gareth Southgate
Steve Bruce
Arsene Wenger
Alan Pardew
Eddie Howe
Glenn Hoddle
Jurgen Klinsmann
Paul Clement
Gary Neville
Roberto Mancini
Guus Hiddink
Harry Redknapp
Claudio Ranieri
Louis van Gaal
Laurent Blanc
Manuel Pelligrini

Rodgers is bound to be on the list the FA are working from

also, the FA's fetish for fudging over Spurs suggests that Poch should be on there

It's impossible to predict as we don't know what the FA are looking. Do they want a successful international manager or successful club manager with continental experience? Does he or she have to be English? Do they want a manager with a system or the usual pick the names type? Will he be given measurable targets? Do they want someone who promotes certain values?

I personally think they'll hope Southgate can do a competent job in the period he's in charge which will allow them to offer him the job. The nobheads in the media will probably give him a bit of slack as I've noticed some have tried to distance themselves from "Samgate"

It's impossible to predict as we don't know what the FA are looking. Do they want a successful international manager or successful club manager with continental experience? Does he or she have to be English? Do they want a manager with a system or the usual pick the names type? Will he be given measurable targets? Do they want someone who promotes certain values?

I personally think they'll hope Southgate can do a competent job in the period he's in charge which will allow them to offer him the job. The nobheads in the media will probably give him a bit of slack as I've noticed some have tried to distance themselves from "Samgate"

Agree - The public perception of the the England team very negertive and this plays into the same narrative.

The FA are a bunch of pompous amateurs sadly a very British institution.

Southgate needs to be given a chance and more than 4 games.

Back