• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next England Manager Thread

I said last time around it should be Hoddle and we ended up with the Dinasour Fat Sam. Give it to Hoddle and appoint a younger manager to work with him.

I think Klinsmann would be better in the more upstairs role if that's the route. Hoddle would be too hands on and controlling for a Howe type. Klinsmann proved with Germany that he can restructure the setup then hand it on

I think Klinsmann would be better in the more upstairs role if that's the route. Hoddle would be too hands on and controlling for a Howe type. Klinsmann proved with Germany that he can restructure the setup then hand it on

Disagree ( i have nothing against Klinsman) Hoddle was doing a good job last time but the press started up a " Hoddle out the Messiah in" campaign and as usual got what they wanted.

Disagree ( i have nothing against Klinsman) Hoddle was doing a good job last time but the press started up a " Hoddle out the Messiah in" campaign and as usual got what they wanted.

I'd love Hoddle. I just meant he wouldn't be someone to work grooming a young #2 - it's not his style. He'd want a submissive Gorman type working with him

I'd love Hoddle. I just meant he wouldn't be someone to work grooming a young #2 - it's not his style. He'd want a submissive Gorman type working with him

I understand what you are saying and i can agree, however i still think having him work alongside a young manager who has his ideals on the game would be the best for us.

It will not happen though because the FA do not do long term planning, the whole structure has to be re-worked ( a bit like the Germans did a while back) and that for me would rule out a manager from abroad ( who usually are only in it for the money, Sven,Capello).

It will not happen though because the FA do not do long term planning, the whole structure has to be re-worked ( a bit like the Germans did a while back) and that for me would rule out a manager from abroad ( who usually are only in it for the money, Sven,Capello).

Klinsmann would be ideal for that IMO. He understands the English games (and its failings), and very successfully undertook exactly the same task with Germany between 2004-6.

He's not a great coach though (and appreciates that), so Howe in the Low role would harness both their talents, with minimal scope for clashing.

Klinsmann would be ideal for that IMO. He understands the English games (and its failings), and very successfully undertook exactly the same task with Germany between 2004-6.

He's not a great coach though (and appreciates that), so Howe in the Low role would harness both their talents, with minimal scope for clashing.

You may be right, i just hope the FA put some thought into what the next step is and look further then the end of their noses, Putting Fat Sam in charge was always going to end up a fail ( imo) and it surprised me when they did because they would never have apponted " rent a quote" because of his off field activities yet they moved to someone who is not far off the same.

You may be right, i just hope the FA put some thought into what the next step is and look further then the end of their noses, Putting Fat Sam in charge was always going to end up a fail ( imo) and it surprised me when they did because they would never have apponted " rent a quote" because of his off field activities yet they moved to someone who is not far off the same.

This

I didn't mind Sam as much as you, but you raise an obvious trait in both men

Wasn't Klinsmann just the manager who happened to first benefit from the German FAs efforts to revamp their structure from grass roots football upward? Rather than the guy who put things in motion - either way he has been dining out on his success for over a decade now and is practically retired, he won't be giving up his cushy US role any time soon

Last edited:
Anyone to add or take away from this list for the poll?

Gareth Southgate
Steve Bruce
Arsene Wenger
Alan Pardew
Eddie Howe
Glenn Hoddle
Jurgen Klinsmann
Paul Clement
Gary Neville
Roberto Mancini
Guus Hiddink
Harry Redknapp