• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New takeover rumours

Group.

I would welcome their investment.

Huge experience running and building entertainment venues.

If we can get the stdium paid for privately great......any deal that involves leveraged debt can fudge right off.

Whatever talks have been could be in relation to the stadium, not the club. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

These were the guys who were going to go in with us on the olympic sadium bid.......there are obvious big links in the boardroom with them.

They seem to spend their own money, so hopefully any deal would mean no debt

AEG - does it stand for American Entertainment Giant?

As long as the club continues to be run as it is now I'm not too bothered about who the owner is.

Anschutz Entertainment Group

I swore I had the wrong wikipedia link, but it kept popping up while I was googling this.

There was twitter itk on this about 3 weeks ago (just before the window shut)
http://twitter.com/#!/@crackersTHFC tweeted
“Ok.. What ive heard. Spurs have been sold to AEG with Levy staying on as chairman. New stadium to be built as per plans.”

He's been back tweeting about it just now
"the deal to buy has been pretty much done for a while. The sticking point has been AEG wanting Levy to remain as chairman"

AEG IN TALKS FOR SPURS

AMERICAN entertainment giants AEG are moving closer to a ?ú450 million takeover Tottenham.

AEG owner Philip Anschutz, the 34th richest man in the USA with a personal wealth of more than ?ú4.4 billion, has been in talks with Spurs’ Bahamas-based owner Joe Lewis for weeks.

The pair are close to concluding a deal and Anschutz wants to keep current chairman Daniel Levy in place at White Hart Lane as his man on the ground at the north London club.

The agreement would inject new funds into Tottenham’s coffers and make it harder still for bitter rivals Arsenal to compete for the Champions League places, with Chelsea and the Manchester clubs blocking their path. Spurs formed close links with the AEG group last year as they put together a bid to buy the Olympic Stadium as a new home.

But now Anschutz, a close friend of Lewis, is interested in buying the club itself.

Spurs delisted from the Stock Exchange in January in a move Levy declared at the time was necessary to secure funding. And last September they were granted planning permission for a new 56,000-seat ground at Northumberland Park.

Lewis, 75, who owns about 30 per cent of Spurs through his company ENIC, of which Levy is also chairman, has been keen to loosen his ties with the club for some time and at last it looks as if the right buyer may have come along.

The reclusive Anschutz has a close interest in football, having been a major investor in the early days of Major League Soccer in the USA. Through his Anschutz Entertainment Group he, at one point, owned the Colorado Rapids, Chicago Fire and the San Jose Earthquakes.

Anschutz currently owns LA Galaxy and played a key role in taking David Beckham to the club in 2007, as well as a majority stake in Houston Dynamo, plus several basketball and ice hockey clubs.

AEG still own the O2 Arena in London and Manchester’s MEN Arena, as well as other major sporting venues.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/302685/AEG-in-talks-for-Spurs

I don't see why the club would be sold for 450 million quid. The new stadium itself would be valued at something approaching that. So by building it, ENIC stand to maximise their profit on the club when they sell, as opposed to selling now. We probably will be sold after the stadium is built, when the club would soar in value, but selling now doesn't seem like a very smart move on ENIC's part. When we are sold,however, whenever that may be, I sincerely hope we're able to keep Levy on as chairman. No sense letting one of the best businessmen this club has ever seen go.

The problem will be the motivation for Levy to stay.
If the club are sold for 450m then ENIC's 85% of spurs will get ENIC 382.5m.
Levy owns 29% of ENIC and will get 111m from the sale.

Why would a guy with that type of money wanna work for AEG?

The problem will be the motivation for Levy to stay.
If the club are sold for 450m then ENIC's 85% of spurs will get ENIC 382.5m.
Levy owns 29% of ENIC and will get 111m from the sale.

Why would a guy with that type of money wanna work for AEG?

The same reason any normal fan would do it for nothing, besides maybe Levy doesn't want to sell and its just the Lewis share being sold to AEG

From RedCafe:

Philip Anschutz's company AEG owns my local Swedish team, he bought Hammarby extremely cheap just so he could make use of the new arena that is being built for tax money and use it for concerts etc. He has so far not spent a dollar on improving the team that got relegated to the second division under AEG's ownership but they don't care about that, they are even considering letting Hammarby's rivals play on the new arena to make more money...

Anschutz and his company AEG are leeches just like Silent Stan Kroenke and some other American sports team owners investing in Europe. He will make a splash sometimes to get good PR but Anschutz only really cares about making money so I doubt Spurs would be better off with him as owner. I think he is interested in Spurs because they want a new stadium and he sees a money making opportunity.

thats all we need, a load of concerts messing up the playing surface

Back