• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New takeover rumours

Hope not - I'd rather see FIFA/UEFA put in place proper rules that will nullify the advantage of lottery winnings like Chelski and City have stuffed up their assholes.

I'd be lying if I said I would stop supporting Spurs if we won the lottery, but any success we'd get afterwards would be tainted...if we go down the Chelski/City route. It would be hollow and worthless, like winning any type of game when you know you've cheated. I will always support Spurs though.

I will always support Spurs, but as others have already mentioned, it would take the gloss off the glory from winning. I believe these financial fair play rules are a joke, as Emirates Marketing Project with their Etihard sponsorship will show. It doesn't matter what rules go up, there will always be a way around, especially when such large investments are at stake.

The fact is that football is very far removed from the game that I loved as a kid. Footballers are now multi-millionaires with no affinity with a club, their agents make too much money from their players moving and the authorities are not embracing technology as they should and quite literally doing nothing to stop the ridiculous things that are happening!

Simple solution... next game you go to, take a photo of you in a Spurs top, holding a newspaper with that days' date...
keep it with you at all times, so that AS and when the 'Lottery Winners' take over, if someone accuses you of 'plasticism' you'll have hard evidence you were there 'in the dark days' 2012BC (Before CA$H)!!

Well, a two page thread is as good a place to start as any, I suppose...gulp...well, here goes...hey fellas, this is my first post here, though you may have occasionally seen me rambling on sites like Vital Spurs, Cartilage Free Captain, Who Framed Ruel Fox and..erm..Triffic Tottenham. Long time lurker, first-time poster, lured out of the shadows when someone here challenged guests to make themselves heard instead of clogging up the site on match-day. I am not an Arsenal supporter in disguise, I've supported Spurs for quite a while (1998, to be precise), I'm not an ITK and I definitely don't intend to start a match thread any time soon. At ten posts, certainly, but not now.

As for the rumour itself, I'm not convinced. Why would ENIC sell now, when the value of the club could potentially be much, much higher once the ground's completed? They're an investment company after all, so it makes sense that they'd sell, but only when they reach the maximum attainable value for the club. So I don't think there's too much in this. And even if there was, with UEFA's fair play rules coming in soon (hopefully well enforced), all this alleged billionaire would be able to do is spend his money on the stadium, the training ground and any other club-related infrastructure. Not much else.

This would be awful news, I want us to improve and win by our own, not thanks to getting a rich owner. And I certainly hope we never have to see Mourinho at WHL. Don't care how good of a mananger he is, he would ruin everything that is good about the club. Forget all about winning with style, he would turn our club into a cesspool full of disgusting players like Pepe who would do anything to kick and cheat their way to titles. I rather not win at all than do it the Mourinho way.

Thanks, pleased to be here, mate. As for Mississauga, I'm surprised anyone knows it. Well pleased. :D Square One's got a few new stores, nothing major. Still very oddly-shaped, mind. As for the town itself, she's thundering along. New buildings down Erin Mills and a bunch of new homes coming up around the UTM campus, as well as expansions to South Common and most of the drive-in shopping lots (still unsure what exactly to call them).

With the new regulations it would be a bit late to be run like we had won the lottery.

I have no problem with it as long as we are run the same way and that ultimatley we get the stadium built with that cost having as little impact on our day to day running as posiible. A free from interest loan from the owner would suffice.

I do though doubt this will happen. too much hard work by those currently in charge will IMO get them to sell. I did though speak in the stadium thread about maybe this scenario happening with Levy staying on in his role. Basically meaning that Joe Lewis selling his 70% share and Levy possibly keeping hold of his 30%.

Are you a potential buyer?

:tumbleweed:

...welcome to the board!

I was potential buyer, but no one on this thread seem to liking me. :cry:

I go back to Kazakhstan. But when FC Kaisar Kyzylorda bid 90 million pounds for your precious Assou-Ekotto, you will regret your dismissiveness!

ha! ha! ha! ha! fools you are all being!

I would be devastated if we were bought over by a City or Cheatski type taco. I hate lottery winners.

Seconded. We're so close to doing it the right way, if we got bank rolled now it would feel like cheating. I'd probably stop watching football if we got bought out by a billionaire who bankrolled us with his own cash.

Thanks, pleased to be here, mate. As for Mississauga, I'm surprised anyone knows it. Well pleased. :D Square One's got a few new stores, nothing major. Still very oddly-shaped, mind. As for the town itself, she's thundering along. New buildings down Erin Mills and a bunch of new homes coming up around the UTM campus, as well as expansions to South Common and most of the drive-in shopping lots (still unsure what exactly to call them).

Another GTA man. Welcome. I am based in Downtown Toronto. Perhaps I know you from Scallywags?

Another GTA man. Welcome. I am based in Downtown Toronto. Perhaps I know you from Scallywags?

Nah mate, I can honestly say I've never been. I've heard a lot about it, but something always gets in the way whenever I try to get down there. I'm only home for about two months each year as well, so that makes it harder. I'm definitely going to go down there before the end of this season, though. In the meantime, the Coopers' up in Mississauga shows quite a few games,and is a regular haunt of mine, so if you've ever been, I've probably seen you.:D

Nah mate, I can honestly say I've never been. I've heard a lot about it, but something always gets in the way whenever I try to get down there. I'm only home for about two months each year as well, so that makes it harder. I'm definitely going to go down there before the end of this season, though. In the meantime, the Coopers' up in Mississauga shows quite a few games,and is a regular haunt of mine, so if you've ever been, I've probably seen you.:D

Fair enough, bit of a hike. Haven't been to the Coopers' Up though. Hopefully will see you at Scallys at some point. Been some good crowds there this season.

Fair enough, bit of a hike. Haven't been to the Coopers' Up though. Hopefully will see you at Scallys at some point. Been some good crowds there this season.

Just Coopers, mate, and I'd be glad to see you there. And yes, I'll definitely make it down to Scally.Cheers!

Back