• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New takeover rumours

Philip Anschutz's company AEG owns my local Swedish team, he bought Hammarby extremely cheap just so he could make use of the new arena that is being built for tax money and use it for concerts etc. He has so far not spent a dollar on improving the team that got relegated to the second division under AEG's ownership but they don't care about that, they are even considering letting Hammarby's rivals play on the new arena to make more money...

Anschutz and his company AEG are leeches just like Silent Stan Kroenke and some other American sports team owners investing in Europe. He will make a splash sometimes to get good PR but Anschutz only really cares about making money so I doubt Spurs would be better off with him as owner. I think he is interested in Spurs because they want a new stadium and he sees a money making opportunity.

Well that doesn't sound good but are ENIC any different really?

AEG Takeover

Can't see a thread about this. If this is being discussed elsewhere then lock this baby up and embarrass me as much as you like

Apparently the lot who were part of our bid to take over the Olympic Stadium are now trying to buy the club?

AEG apparently now have really good ties with the club after the OS bid and Joe Lewis apparently wants to sell the club, and Philip Anschutz (the owner of AEG) is preparing a ?ú450m bid to buy it

The good news is we'd still keep Daniel Levy :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2102440/Tottenham-takeover-AEG-make-450m-bid.html

Can't see a thread about this. If this is being discussed elsewhere then lock this baby up and embarrass me as much as you like

Apparently the lot who were part of our bid to take over the Olympic Stadium are now trying to buy the club?

AEG apparently now have really good ties with the club after the OS bid and Joe Lewis apparently wants to sell the club, and Philip Anschutz (the owner of AEG) is preparing a ?ú450m bid to buy it

The good news is we'd still keep Daniel Levy :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2102440/Tottenham-takeover-AEG-make-450m-bid.html

About three threads down

Erm, can you remember where we were before they took over and how much they've spent in that time?

BusinessDunce.jpg

That is not Luis Suarez, that's a dunce cap

Erm, can you remember where we were before they took over and how much they've spent in that time?
I've no idea how much they spent but I always assumed we spent what we made, give or take, and there was no massive free loan given to the club. Anyway I guess my point is that ENIC are also in it to make money and not for the love of the shirt. And the best way to do it is success on the pitch, everything else will follow in theory. Surely AEG will be more of the same?

I've no idea how much they spent but I always assumed we spent what we made, give or take, and there was no massive free loan given to the club. Anyway I guess my point is that ENIC are also in it to make money and not for the love of the shirt. And the best way to do it is success on the pitch, everything else will follow in theory. Surely AEG will be more of the same?

AEG will be more of the same. There will be no extra money coming into the club because of them. The stadium will be paid for by Naming rights for the stadium like before.
The difference will be that we will have new chairman. The loss of the best chairman in the league with 10 years of experience behind him will be huge.

So if AEG buys Spurs they can have loads of summer concerts at the stadium to line their pockets?

If things stay the same then it will be Spurs hiring AEG to run our summer concerts and most of the profits will be pushed back into the club?

Am I overly simplifying this?

So if AEG buys Spurs they can have loads of summer concerts at the stadium to line their pockets?

If things stay the same then it will be Spurs hiring AEG to run our summer concerts and most of the profits will be pushed back into the club?

Am I overly simplifying this?

In this case most of the profits would go to AEG. We'd be asking for a fixed sum.

AEG will be more of the same. There will be no extra money coming into the club because of them. The stadium will be paid for by Naming rights for the stadium like before.
The difference will be that we will have new chairman. The loss of the best chairman in the league with 10 years of experience behind him will be huge.

The reports are saying they want Levy to remain on.

The reports are saying they want Levy to remain on.

Of course they do. But does want to work for them?
He's gonna get 111m from this sale.
Running Spurs is difficult job with long hours and the guy gets little praise.
He does it because he owns 25% of the club and Joe Lewis is a personal friend and doesn't interfere.
Will he want to do the same job with that money in the bank and AEG looking over his shoulder the whole time?
They will have to offer him a ridiculous package of wages and incentives.
He's run the club for 10 years and it will probably feel to him a good time to go out on a high.

Back