• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

BUT.....BUT.....ITS UNVIABLE AND WE CAN NEVER, NEVER DEVELOPE IN THE SH#T HOLE THAT IS TOTTENHAM. THERE ARE NO PARKING SPACES. WE MUST MOVE TO STRATFORD!!!!!!

:ross:

You don't think ?ú27 million of public money makes things slightly more viable?

This actually made me well up a bit, I am so proud of our club and proper made up that we are still Tottenham!!!!

COYS

In a ?ú450m project? Not very much more

But i thought the costs had come down and that we had also been putting money towards it the last few years when we have been buying up the land around the lane. I read recently that what we need to raise now is 350m so 27m will help towards that, of course the biggest thing will be how much we receive for the stadium sponsorship.

Right now Levy is doing all he can to make the numbers work. Everything doesn't always have to be so black or white (no racism intended).

The Evening Standard is reporting that the total sum is just over ?ú40 million worth of public investment in the area.

But, it's not just that as far as Spurs are concerned. Remember that there will be 85 more residential units for them to sell. The hotel has gone but, instead, there will be a college, a health centre and a health club.

And, at the other end of the development, there will be an extra floor on top of the supermarket.

It all adds up. Every saving on cost; every added pound of public money earmarked for the area; every extra penny of profit on the enabling development. When combined, they will help to make the project viable.

I'm loving the 500k towards the WIDER MASTERPLAN.

Maybe monies towards planning on future projects, housing etc once the NPD is completed.

Or maybe Levy is taking over the world.

Insert Levy picture as Mr Evil

austin_powers_dr_evil.jpg

The Evening Standard is reporting that the total sum is just over ?ú40 million worth of public investment in the area.

But, it's not just that as far as Spurs are concerned. Remember that there will be 85 more residential units for them to sell. The hotel has gone but, instead, there will be a college, a health centre and a health club.

And, at the other end of the development, there will be an extra floor on top of the supermarket.

It all adds up. Every saving on cost; every added pound of public money earmarked for the area; every extra penny of profit on the enabling development. When combined, they will help to make the project viable.

I think it was more than just money we wanted from the authorities. We're putting ?ú450 million of investment into a run down and depressed area, which will give it a huge boost. If we build that development but the local authorities continue to neglect the area as a whole, it's going to lessen the impact of what the club are doing. It's no good our development being an oasis in the middle of a sea of brick, we needed a commitment from those in power that they were going to do their part and raise the standards of the area as a whole, to maximise the effect of the massive contribution we're making to the area.

Right now Levy is doing all he can to make the numbers work. Everything doesn't always have to be so black or white (no racism intended).

Unfortunately for a handful of posters on this board it is always one extreme or another.

When Spurs put through their original proposal, it just seemed like politicians saw a huge cash cow to milk for their own benefit. Certainly the notion of taking over the Olympic Stadium put the wind up all their arses. Add in the sobering effect the riots created and there seems to be a complete change in attitude from all levels of government, a better sense of appreciation for what this project, and the greater success is can create for Spurs, will provide for the area.

I like that governments get involved in assisting certain types of projects. When they have a proper sense of involvement from investment, it creates a sense that greater care and concern will be given to growing the benefits to a wider area than just the immediate stadium environs.

Even if we don't win the league, this is shaping up to be an exciting year. And, hey, five out, fifteen to play. You never know. Serious double concerns.

Unfortunately for a handful of posters on this board it is always one extreme or another.

Extreme! LOL

I was definitively informed by many a Pro Stratford poster that the NLD was impossible, no one would invest in Spurs if we stayed in the "brick-hole" Tottenham area, and if we didnt move we would end up mid table, as we would be skint, with a tiny stadium, and all our players would leave.

That extreme enough? Lucky for some, the old board crashed, so they can deny everything they said til the cows come home :-"

I am asserting that we were never really in the running and Levy knew this. Therefore there would never be a bullet to bite.
You really think Levy went into the bidding process but never thought we win or ever intended to move if we did? You could be right but I just can't see that as being the case.

Extreme! LOL

I was definitively informed by many a Pro Stratford poster that the NLD was impossible, no one would invest in Spurs if we stayed in the "brick-hole" Tottenham area, and if we didnt move we would end up mid table, as we would be skint, with a tiny stadium, and all our players would leave.

That extreme enough? Lucky for some, the old board crashed, so they can deny everything they said til the cows come home :-"

I can't remember anyone claiming that. There were some saying that they'd rather have a 60K stadium in Stratford if the alternative was staying at the current WHL. Most of the pro-Stratford arguments were twisted around by those against the move to look extreme.

You really think Levy went into the bidding process but never thought we win or ever intended to move if we did? You could be right but I just can't see that as being the case.
That was the injustice highlighted which resulted in us being offered compensation. We never stood a chance against WH's publicly funded, track keeping bid and deserved far more support (akin to WH's) for our willing redevelopment of the Tottenham area.

This was hidden away in an article today:

Tottenham close to ?ú400m stadium sponsorship

Tottenham are seeking a record-breaking naming rights deal for their new stadium of ?ú20 million over 20 years, a ?ú400million total that would eclipse the club’s previous commercial performance.

A deal at that level, which would eclipse Arsenal’s ?ú100million 15-year deal with Emirates and rival Emirates Marketing Project’s ?ú350million shirt-and-stadium deal with Etihad, would appear to rely on an overseas investor seeking to make a major splash in the UK and Europe.

The naming-rights deal is a central plank of the stadium plan, which received a boost on Monday with confirmation of a ?ú27 million of public-sector investment in the area around the ground. The club and Haringey Council have agreed they will work together to invest in the local area, with the council contributing ?ú9million, subject to approval from the council cabinet next week. London mayor Boris Johnson is also providing ?ú18million.

Spurs welcomed Haringey’s contribution but in an indication of continued tension, Johnson issued a statement suggesting the club were dragging their feet on the project.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/9052780/Uefa-plays-hardball-with-European-footballs-elite-clubs-over-demand-for-international-fixtures-reduction.html

This was hidden away in an article today:

Tottenham close to ?ú400m stadium sponsorship

Tottenham are seeking a record-breaking naming rights deal for their new stadium of ?ú20 million over 20 years, a ?ú400million total that would eclipse the club’s previous commercial performance.

A deal at that level, which would eclipse Arsenal’s ?ú100million 15-year deal with Emirates and rival Emirates Marketing Project’s ?ú350million shirt-and-stadium deal with Etihad, would appear to rely on an overseas investor seeking to make a major splash in the UK and Europe.

The naming-rights deal is a central plank of the stadium plan, which received a boost on Monday with confirmation of a ?ú27 million of public-sector investment in the area around the ground. The club and Haringey Council have agreed they will work together to invest in the local area, with the council contributing ?ú9million, subject to approval from the council cabinet next week. London mayor Boris Johnson is also providing ?ú18million.

Spurs welcomed Haringey’s contribution but in an indication of continued tension, Johnson issued a statement suggesting the club were dragging their feet on the project.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/9052780/Uefa-plays-hardball-with-European-footballs-elite-clubs-over-demand-for-international-fixtures-reduction.html

When other clubs see us getting so much from naming rights it wont be long until United,Chelsea and Liverpool go down this route also.

Spurs welcomed HaringeyÔÇÖs contribution but in an indication of continued tension, Johnson issued a statement suggesting the club were dragging their feet on the project.
Right on Boris, you've nailed us! Silly Spurs, dragging our feet on the reaaaaaallllllyyyyy easy task of persuading a company to pay us ?ú10-20 million a year, every year, for close to a couple of decades. Why that's the kind of deal we could have tied up in five minutes, especially with today's highly favourable economic conditions.

We should have done it nice and quickly, like the much needed investment into the Tottenham area, which thankfully hasn't come after enduring decades of neglect.

science-sarcasm-Professor-Frink-Comic-Book-Guy-631.jpg

Back