• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

I disagree. He had every intention of moving to Stratford if it came off. You don't line up big deals with the likes of AEG just for show. The public support and money for the NDP are just a byproduct of the events in Tottenham and really Levy has just taken advantage of it.

Agreed.

I was completely against the move to Stratford. But I can see why it was a no brainer for Levy. He was most definitely fully in favour of the move.

Thankfully, he failed. And thankfully, he was able to redeem himself by taking advantage of the bungling and mendaciousness of the various authorities.

Agreed.

I was completely against the move to Stratford. But I can see why it was a no brainer for Levy. He was most definitely fully in favour of the move.

Thankfully, he failed. And thankfully, he was able to redeem himself by taking advantage of the bungling and mendaciousness of the various authorities.
My new favourite word...whatever it means.

I disagree. He had every intention of moving to Stratford if it came off. You don't line up big deals with the likes of AEG just for show. The public support and money for the NDP are just a byproduct of the events in Tottenham and really Levy has just taken advantage of it.
The NDP is a far bigger deal and with more of our money already plowed into it compared with the OS application. We never stopped buying up land and knocking down buildings. Perhaps AEG will be involved with us in the future.

The riot pushed the hands of the council to invest but we have always claimed a need for it.

Wouldn't be surprised if we got an announcement before the end of the season on when building will start. We're obviously doing the super market first, so not expecting any stadium work for another year at least.

Last edited:
The NDP is a far bigger deal and with more of our money already plowed into it compared with the OS application. We never stopped buying up land and knocking down buildings. Perhaps AEG will be involved with us in the future.

The riot pushed the hands of the council to invest but we have always claimed a need for it.

the riot, and the Mayoral election, and Johnsons push for PM probably all had a hand in this.

didnt we have some AEG rumours this week as well?

This is brilliant news. So it seems that the earlier "take it or leave it" offer magically got significantly bigger. \o/

This ?ú27 million is public funding that takes care of all of the circumstantial aspects of the new development. This means that Spurs will only have to pay for the building of the podium and stadium and the enabling development of the supermarket and retail/housing space with the incidentals not being contributed to at all by Spurs.

The council or mayors office are footing the bill for the station improvements, highway improvements, extension of the CPZ and even the combined cooling, heating and power plant that will be used for the stadium and the retail/housing connected to it. Even the Heritage building commitments have been taken away from Spurs with the council footing the bill for protecting these - so in a way Loughton Spur was right, but it's that our commitment to paying for them has been taken away not that the buildings themselves have been removed.

It would also seem from this announcement that we will get full support from the council for our new plan for the South part of the site and it wouldn't suprise me to see the same for a stadium capacity increase as well. The council are now clearly bending over backwards to get this development built. The time for talking is now over and the time for action has now begun.

I don't disagree that the NDP is now the only game in town, and indeed it was plan A when the OS wasn't even being discussed, but I have no doubt that Levy would have bit the bullet on the up front investment for the NDP if the OS had panned out. Financially it was all stacked in favour of the OS even taking into account the money already spent on property around WHL.

I guess Spurs would have sold the land or developed it to recoup some or all of the losses. Anyway that's history. The NDP is the future.

Love the headlines some papers are using: Tottenham Hotspur secure funding for new stadium next to White Hart Lane. Not exactly.

Resized for viewability purposes:

tottenhamnewstadiumsmal.jpg

That just tinkles all over the Emirates

I love the fact that it's still gonna be right there on the high road, surrounded by normal shops and buildings, nice and traditional. Hate new stadiums that are separate and have lots of open space around them.

?ú8.5m: Stadium Approach – land acquisition and new public boulevard/square linking to new White Hart Lane Station ticket hall

I had a look at the satellite images on Google and just cannot see where a new public boulevard/square could go. The obvious place is immediately in front of the station at the corner of White Hart Lane and Love Lane - but as far as I remember there is a tower block type building on that plot isn't there?

Perhaps ?ú8.5 million is enough to aquire that and develop the site there? If so then there is the potential to make that site a really good entrance/exit from the New Stadium that could be used for crowd management on match days and as a public space on non match days.

I had a look at the satellite images on Google and just cannot see where a new public boulevard/square could go. The obvious place is immediately in front of the station at the corner of White Hart Lane and Love Lane - but as far as I remember there is a tower block type building on that plot isn't there?

Perhaps ?ú8.5 million is enough to aquire that and develop the site there? If so then there is the potential to make that site a really good entrance/exit from the New Stadium that could be used for crowd management on match days and as a public space on non match days.

the land to the left of the station ( looking north ) is old housing and empty land, penshurst road. if they were going to put a new tickethall thats where id put it

i wonder if the original project build plans and timelines are still applicable - the one where we rotate the pitch while we build around it in like 3 years?

GHod I hope this is quick, I hope it's amazing with a stunning atmosphere, and I hope it finally means I'll get a season ticket!!!

the land to the left of the station ( looking north ) is old housing and empty land, penshurst road. if they were going to put a new tickethall thats where id put it

Yeah - there is also the old 'Railway' pub up there that is just boarded up isn't it?

The only problem is that it is the wrong side of the Railway track to act as a gateway to the new stadium.

I don't disagree that the NDP is now the only game in town, and indeed it was plan A when the OS wasn't even being discussed, but I have no doubt that Levy would have bit the bullet on the up front investment for the NDP if the OS had panned out. Financially it was all stacked in favour of the OS even taking into account the money already spent on property around WHL.

I guess Spurs would have sold the land or developed it to recoup some or all of the losses. Anyway that's history. The NDP is the future.
I am asserting that we were never really in the running and Levy knew this. Therefore there would never be a bullet to bite.

BUT.....BUT.....ITS UNVIABLE AND WE CAN NEVER, NEVER DEVELOPE IN THE SH#T HOLE THAT IS TOTTENHAM. THERE ARE NO PARKING SPACES. WE MUST MOVE TO STRATFORD!!!!!!

:ross:

Back