• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

fudges sakes I stopped at the development of the stadium.

Man im gonna die before that.

How long do you think it takes to build a stadium, mate - especially when it has to be completed in two stages (while the old one is still in use)? It's not a three month job, you know!

We'll move into the two thirds completed new stadium in summer 2015. Given how long we've waited, three years is nothing!

Now if we just knock down those buildings around it at the foreground we could have a great site haha

fudges sakes 2016? i want to see it before I fudging keel over

That is the plan, I believe.

There will be a new WHL station and stadium approach.

20-fir'een: first proposals presented for stadium walkway from upgraded rail station.

20-sev'n'een: Actual work begins on walkways.

Croikey. Four years about what it takes to evict the tenants and demolish the buildings that stand in Spurs way of design glory? Some'll be wishin' war's been declared. Proper war, like.

How long do you think it takes to build a stadium, mate - especially when it has to be completed in two stages (while the old one is still in use)? It's not a three month job, you know!

We'll move into the two thirds completed new stadium in summer 2015. Given how long we've waited, three years is nothing!

oh i wasnt complaining about the stadium, three or four years sounds about right - its the whole lot TWENTY YEARS.

Now if we just knock down those buildings around it at the foreground we could have a great site haha

That's what I was thinking. Its not much of public space if its just the road. The way they discussed the plan for open spaces along the walkway, I had visions of a fancy plaza with dancing girls and fried chicken along the way. So I assumed that some of the buildings in Whitehall Street would be demolished. I suppose its possible they still plan to demolish something but don't want to show it at this stage before the residents find out.

I've joined the two bits of the walkway render. Can't quite hide the join, unfortunately.

newWHLwalkway_joined.jpg

Google map: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=51.603988,-0.067978&spn=0.002299,0.006099&t=h&z=18

P.S. I note they make mention of a Victoria line extension to Northumberland Park in the timeline (between 2017-2025). I thought this was considered unlikely.

Hmm...looks rather cluttered on this side, but I suppose that's inevitable. Love the way the sun glints off it, though. That'd look fantastic to someone living in one of the surrounding highrises when they go for an early morning stroll on the balcony. I'd quite like to know how wide the walkway'll be, though.

That's what I was thinking. Its not much of public space if its just the road. The way they discussed the plan for open spaces along the walkway, I had visions of a fancy plaza with dancing girls and fried chicken along the way. So I assumed that some of the buildings in Whitehall Street would be demolished. I suppose its possible they still plan to demolish something but don't want to show it at this stage before the residents find out.

I've joined the two bits of the walkway render. Can't quite hide the join, unfortunately.

newWHLwalkway_joined.jpg

Google map: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=51.603988,-0.067978&spn=0.002299,0.006099&t=h&z=18

P.S. I note they make mention of a Victoria line extension to Northumberland Park in the timeline (between 2017-2025). I thought this was considered unlikely.

I would love there to be a plaza, strip clubs along our very own piazza, some cafe's - basically mini Milan or Rome.

That photo looks like a massive starship got lost and landed in a brickhole.

If they took out the three low buildings on the right side they would gain access to the green space behind. Then there would be room for cafes, performance areas, etc. The original NPD plans included an ice rink and performance spaces but it was always very cramped and hard to see it as a real community area. With the whole block in front of the stadium it could become a real community focal point.

I'm still hopeful that they have a grander plan. The timeline diagram suggests that this summer is a consultation period and that they will finalise plans for the "stadium approach" by the end of the year.

that render has no walkway adjustments on it, thats how the street is currently. and, for clarity, they wont be knocking down any council owned homes for a fancy walkway at the behest of a local business. what can happen is pedestrianisation of that road with cars, new lighting and signage. calling it a walkway render is misleading.

the only buildings that can be demolished are the buildings nearest to the railway line, stadium side, to the immediate left as you drive under the railway. those are indicated on every map ive seen.

So you have knowledge on the plans and know that no buildings will be knocked down, even before the council have finished the consultation period and finalised plans?

I have no idea what they are planning, other than the few bits that have been released. However, this new document is for a major redevelopment of Tottenham focused on three areas: Northumberland Park, Tottenham Hale and Tottenham Green/Seven Sisters. The new stadium is just part of one of these areas. The whole plan includes over 5000 new homes and several business zones. As part of the plan they want to develop some focal points for the community. The way the stadium walkway has been described suggests more than just a pedestrianisation of one small street.

Last edited:
So you have knowledge on the plans and know that no buildings will be knocked down, even before the council have finished the consultation period and finalised plans?

I have no idea what they are planning, other than the few bits that have been released. However, this new document is for a major redevelopment of Tottenham focused on three areas: Northumberland Park, Tottenham Hale and Tottenham Green/Seven Sisters. The new stadium is just part of one of these areas. The whole plan includes over 5000 new homes and several business zones. As part of the plan they want to develop some focal points for the community. The way the stadium walkway has been described suggests more than just a pedestrianisation of one small street.

im not repeating myself mate

I pass through WHL every day to work en route to seven sisters. Gonna miss the old stadium for sure but will be exciting seeing the new one being built.

that render has no walkway adjustments on it, thats how the street is currently. and, for clarity, they wont be knocking down any council owned homes for a fancy walkway at the behest of a local business. what can happen is pedestrianisation of that road with cars, new lighting and signage. calling it a walkway render is misleading.

the only buildings that can be demolished are the buildings nearest to the railway line, stadium side, to the immediate left as you drive under the railway. those are indicated on every map ive seen.

If I remember correctly something like £15 million of funding from the Mayor's office was allocated for CPOs on the property required for the walkway to be able to go ahead. The fact that CPOs are involved would suggest that the plans involve something more than just pedestrianising the existing road.

That render only adds the various NDP developments to what already exists. It hasn't taken the new walkway or the new WHL station into account.

If I remember correctly something like £15 million of funding from the Mayor's office was allocated for CPOs on the property required for the walkway to be able to go ahead. The fact that CPOs are involved would suggest that the plans involve something more than just pedestrianising the existing road.

There'll definitely be more than just a walkway. The plan is to make a big deal of the stadium approach. So I can't see all those council blocks being left as they are.

There'll definitely be more than just a walkway. The plan is to make a big deal of the stadium approach. So I can't see all those council blocks being left as they are.

That council housing definatley will be going I'd imagine, over the next number of years they will slowly empty them.

Then replaced with better affordable housing as there is none in the plans that were passed earlier in the year. Would be good if they could put 3 or 4 storeys of parking underneath this area.

Back