• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

1245070_KSS_Tottenham_Hotspur_White_Hart_Lane.jpg

From my own stadium going experience I find windows at the back of stands distracting. I don't need any extra sunlight for the two hours I'm at a match.

That looks awesome !

That frightems me. Another wembley way? No thanks.

I know we won't have equal numbers of fans from opposing teams but wembley way is a disaster waiting to happen. One FA cup semi at Northumberland Park could be it.

FA cup semi finals will be played at Wembley henceforward. It's too much of a cash cow for the FA even to consider taking major games anywhere else.

Besides, I've never encountered any notable trouble in or around Wembley.

Anyone reckon we could still keep white hart lane as our stadium name? Money will dictate the name though I'm sure.

Anyone reckon we could still keep white hart lane as our stadium name? Money will dictate the name though I'm sure.

Not a chance.

In fact, by all accounts, there are moves afoot to change the name of the station and even to change the name of the eastern end of White Hart Lane (road).

They want, as far as possible, to eradicate any mention of the name White Hart Lane from the area - in order to maximize the value of the naming rights.

They won't, though, ever be able to stop fans from singing songs about Tottenham, from the Lane.

Last edited:
The station is in white hart lane they can't change that!!!! It'll forever be called the lane in our eyes.

AFC Wimbledon have announced plans to return to the London Borough of Merton by building a new ground at Wimbledon Greyhound Stadium.

The Dons hope to build a multi-purpose venue with an initial capacity of 12,000, which could be increased to 22,000 seats at a later date.

The League Two side currently play at Kingsmeadow in Kingston upon Thames.

Chief executive Erik Samuelson said: "This is an important step in a journey we started some years ago."

League football has not been played in the borough since 1991, when the original Wimbledon FC were forced to move away from Plough Lane following the publication of the Taylor Report, which recommended that all top-flight sides should play in all-seater stadia.

The club shared Selhurst Park with Crystal Palace until 2002, when they were given permission to move to Milton Keynes.

AFC Wimbledon, who were formed in response to the relocation, have played all their home games at Kingsmeadow and bought the ground from Kingstonian in March 2003.

The club rose from the non-league ranks by winning five promotions in the space of nine seasons, culminating in a return to the Football League with victory in the Blue Square Bet Premier play-off final in May 2011.

The club now aim to acquire the Greyhound Stadium site but face competition after other parties who have expressed an interest in developing the site.

Samuelson continued: "We have a long way to go and many hurdles to clear but we want to build a stadium that is embedded in the community.

"To realise that ambition we have developed a cohesive and well thought through strategy.

"We are grateful for Merton Council who have provided strong support for our aims and who have demonstrated over the last few months that they understand our needs and share our vision for the next step in our growth."

Merton Council Leader Stephen Alambritis said: "The council will now assess all responses received and work... to find the best solution to continue sporting legacy on the Wimbledon greyhound site."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19164090

The station is in white hart lane they can't change that!!!! It'll forever be called the lane in our eyes.

1. Under the new scheme, a new station will be built - just south of the current station. The new walkway will run directly from the station to the stadium. So the station will no longer be located on what is, currently, White Hart Lane.

2. Besides, as I said, there are plans afoot for the eastern end of White Hart Lane (the road) to be renamed.

1. Under the new scheme, a new station will be built - just south of the current station. The new walkway will run directly from the station to the stadium. So the station will no longer be located on what is, currently, White Hart Lane.

2. Besides, as I said, there are plans afoot for the eastern end of White Hart Lane (the road) to be renamed.

How do you know so much jimmy mate out of interest?

FA cup semi finals will be played at Wembley henceforward. It's too much of a cash cow for the FA even to consider taking major games anywhere else.

£10m is made everytime there is a sell out at Wembley, so add all the footie, NFL, concerts there is no way they are giving that each year

1. Under the new scheme, a new station will be built - just south of the current station. .

Visualising this I just cant see where there is room to do this..

Also if they are doing this they could make Northumberland Park back into a tube station, years ago my dad said they always got the tube there, the depot is next to the current train station already and the track still lies there too

That document on regeneration of Tottenham mentioned the Northumberland Park tube station as something they hoped to do between 2017 and 2025.

But it may not be possible. People who know about these things over on Skyscrapercity say that the Victoria line is already at maximum capacity so adding a branch is not feasible (it reduces capacity on the the main branch).

I wonder if it might not be possible to have a special station for weekend matchdays, like they used to for the Earls Court exhibition centre. However, that would be expensive and doesn't really help regenerating the area.

Back