• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

This is Spurs - somehow you get the feeling that it will look great, but end up being 50 degrees Celsius in the summer

Or it will fall down in the wind

Or it will flood for half the year

There's gotta be some sort of **** up, we're Spurs

Redknapp won't rotate which training pitch we use, so come March it'll be totally fudged, and the other training pitches will have been loaned out to Wolves and Everton so we can't use them. He'll then ring up his dodgy New Zealander mate from Blackburn and ask if we can train in his run down old garden, but it won't be the same thing.

spurs-training-ground-mar-2.jpg

Ledley must be soo excited!

Brilliant!! That pool looks tiny or is that guy just huge. I presume its going to be some sort of current pool with that opening at the end. Anyone know?

So the new training ground that's going to open means that our players are going to play for the shirt?

Or what?

What is the big step forward here?

If you told me that, like the Goons, we suddenly had a European standard stadium then I would be impressed.

What's the rumours about 63k capacity with a 'Wembley Way' style entrance?

Any more depth to it other that what GG tweeted??

What's the rumours about 63k capacity with a 'Wembley Way' style entrance?

Any more depth to it other that what GG tweeted??

oh no not more balsa wood models please...........what everyone wants to see at the lane ........is a big crane,a few jcb's,half a dozen green portacabins and a load of where your hard hat here please...........so what we talking about now 2015/16 season.........

Wasn't the stadium supposed to be finished by this season? Depressing.

it could have been, but im pretty sure it would fall over. dont you prefer a planned, designed and well executed stadium build with superb transfer links which comes in on or under budget? Because thats what didnt happen with Wembley, they made so many rushed decisions ( my fave is the laying electrical trunking wrong for 2 months, ripping it all out and spending another 2 doing it right because the deadline was looming, muchos overtime!), such an expensive over run.

it could have been, but im pretty sure it would fall over. dont you prefer a planned, designed and well executed stadium build with superb transfer links which comes in on or under budget? Because thats what didnt happen with Wembley, they made so many rushed decisions ( my fave is the laying electrical trunking wrong for 2 months, ripping it all out and spending another 2 doing it right because the deadline was looming, muchos overtime!), such an expensive over run.

True. And also the first estimates for when the stadium would be finished were estimates before we had pretty much any planning permissions. Not surprised at tall that there were delays from that initial estimate, seems to be more the norm than the exception when it comes to football stadiums that aren't being built for some international tournament.

The new training ground is absolutely world class.

A major pull for attracting players.

It's like a 5 star spa FFS!!

Probably not for this thread but what the heck...

Liverpool report a loss of almost ?ú50m for the last financial year as a result of failed new stadium costs and pay-offs to former manager Roy Hodgson and other staff.

Probably not for this thread but what the heck...

Liverpool report a loss of almost ?ú50m for the last financial year as a result of failed new stadium costs and pay-offs to former manager Roy Hodgson and other staff.

More like because of paying huge transfer fees for players and havnig a Champions League sized wage bill without having Champions League football to sustain it!

More like because of paying huge transfer fees for players and havnig a Champions League sized wage bill without having Champions League football to sustain it!

The SS are saying 35mil is money paid for the design of the new stadium which is not going ahead now. It was an asset on the books which now has been written off How plans can be counted as an asset I'm not sure but probably some fancy pantcy accounting thing. 8.5 mil on contract terminations, mostly Roy I would imagine. 6.5 mil on hubcaps and perms.

The SS are saying 35mil is money paid for the design of the new stadium which is not going ahead now. It was an asset on the books which now has been written off How plans can be counted as an asset I'm not sure but probably some fancy pantcy accounting thing. 8.5 mil on contract terminations, mostly Roy I would imagine. 6.5 mil on hubcaps and perms.

Excuse my ignorance but who is the SS?

Will the new WHL capacity be OK at 56000 ..or will it soon be realised after building that we could have easily bumped it up a couple of thousand or so with
our large fan base.

:-k

Back