• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

I wouldn't be surprised if we built it in a way that would allow it to be increased to 60k in the future.

That's one expensive plan. Would cost somewhere around a billion I expect buying land, funding tube extension and building ground.

I believe that they would have to keep the original structure. But looking on google maps I can't see how it will fit.

Could you imagine if they got permission to level one of the most famous landmarks in London, whilst we aren't allowed to get rid of a couple of old sheds that NO-ONE is bothered about?

EDIT just seen the Russians want it as a backdrop to their stadium not as a place to put the actual pitch! :lol:

Last edited:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17977841

Vaguely interesting article about modern stadia needing modern tech, better food, family friendly etc... not being left to stand empty for 13 days per fortnight

Is interesting, I got a mate who runs exhibitons and he said they have taken loads of business from Old Trafford to the Etihad as the facilities, services, food etc are way better there. Seems they have really upped their game.

Be interesting to see in a few years what they do about the stadium e.g. is 47k going to be able to bring them in enough revenue to match what they are trying to do

http://www.haringeyindependent.co.u...to_open_in_Spurs_stadium_housing_development/

A new primary free school will be based in a Tottenham housing development to be built by Spurs as part of its new stadium plan.

The E-ACT Free Schools Trust (EFST) announced today that it had agreed with the club and Department for Education (DfE) that it would open its school building at 881 High Road in September 2015, as part of a housing development due to be built as part of the Northumberland Development Project.

The school, which will open this September to 120 reception and Year 1 pupils, will be temporarily based for three years in the College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London’s campus in High Road.

The project, closely linked to Highgate School, was given the go ahead by the DfE in February and will eventually cater for 420 students up to Year 6.

Free schools, which are funded by the state and from sponsorship, have freedom from local authority control and greater autonomy over their finances and curriculum.

Headteacher Sonia Mallick said: “I am excited to be working with EFST, Highgate School and alongside Spurs to create a new and purpose built school for the local community.

“It will be designed to deliver educational achievement and excellence for secure and happy children.”

The school will use the same admissions criteria as Haringey Council and the application process will be managed by council officers.

Spurs revealed in February that they were in talks to open a free school within the new stadium, after Education Secretary Michael Gove wrote to all Premier League clubs asking them to consider setting up schools.

Chief executive of the club’s foundation, Grant Cornwall, said: “We have a strong commitment to local schools in the neighbourhood and we look forward to welcoming and working closely with the free school as part of that wider school family.”

Interesting, because the land upon which the housing and school will be built is where the southern end of the stadium currently resides.

So, if this article is accurate (no guarantee of that, of course), we can take it as a given that the plan is for the stadium also to be fully complete by summer 2015. And that's a year ahead of previous guesses.

Interesting, because the land upon which the housing and school will be built is where the southern end of the stadium currently resides.

So, if this article is accurate (no guarantee of that, of course), we can take it as a given that the plan is for the stadium also to be fully complete by summer 2015. And that's a year ahead of previous guesses.

More likely the media plucking dates out of their collective arses.

More likely the media plucking dates out of their collective arses.

Actually, it turns out that this scheme has little, if anything, to do with the NDP at all!

It will be based at Brook House, which is the best part of a mile south along the High Road, opposite the police station.

Okay.....turns out that google is wrong and that 881 High Road, Brook House, is where the current Sainsburys is - just north of the stadium. So ignore previous post. All very confusing!

Our incompetence in this whole new-stadium saga is beyond all comprehension. Homer Simpson looks down on us and gives us a withering look. Let's move to the Olympic Stadium in the heart of West Ham territory. D'oh!!! Let's let Arsenal build their stadium and watch while they host Brazil matches. D'oh!!! Let's twiddle our thumbs while other clubs (ie. the Goons) outstrip us by a million quid in revenue per match. D'oh!!!

Our incompetence in this whole new-stadium saga is beyond all comprehension. Homer Simpson looks down on us and gives us a withering look. Let's move to the Olympic Stadium in the heart of West Ham territory. D'oh!!! Let's let Arsenal build their stadium and watch while they host Brazil matches. D'oh!!! Let's twiddle our thumbs while other clubs (ie. the Goons) outstrip us by a million quid in revenue per match. D'oh!!!

Err.....................what???

I was completely opposed to the bid for the Olympic stadium. But I can fully understand why it made sense to Levy. And there was nothing incompetent about Spurs' bid (though there are plenty of other unflattering adjectives to describe it).

As to not building a new stadium before now...........you do realise that they cost money, right? A lot of money.

At the time that Arsenal decided to build their stadium, they were perennial title challengers (and occasional winners); they went toe to toe with Man Utd season after season; they won FA Cups galore; they were in the Champions League every season. They had a waiting list for season tickets of 50,000.

Spurs, by contrast, were perennially mid to lower table; occasionally got to a semi final or final; were Arsenal's bitches in games between the two clubs; and had no waiting list for season tickets at all.

So perhaps you can explain to us why Spurs would have needed to build a 60K stadium at that time? And then perhaps you can explain to us how, in GHod's name, they would have paid for it.

D'oh indeed!

I dont know too much about the politics behind the stadium etc but I have a couple of questions:

1) Are we building this beast or what?
2) We have Planning Permission?
3) Are the plans the same as those that are on the spurs official site?
4) When are works due to start?

1) Are we building this beast or what? Yes
2) We have Planning Permission? Yes
3) Are the plans the same as those that are on the spurs official site? The official Haringey document relating to Spurs' recent (successful) planning application for changes to the northern and southern ends of the NDP noted that the club are proposing to submit a further planning application for "material" changes to the stadium itself
4) When are works due to start? Work will start on the supermarket this summer and, according to another Haringey document, is scheduled to start on the stadium next summer

1) Are we building this beast or what? Yes
2) We have Planning Permission? Yes
3) Are the plans the same as those that are on the spurs official site? The official Haringey document relating to Spurs' recent (successful) planning application for changes to the northern and southern ends of the NDP noted that the club are proposing to submit a further planning application for "material" changes to the stadium itself
4) When are works due to start? Work will start on the supermarket this summer and, according to another Haringey document, is scheduled to start on the stadium next summer

Thanks JimmyB (AKA Jim Beam)

When are these material changes going to be publicised? I am presuming they havent been done yet but anticipated date for the renderings?

Back