• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

If you look at the Planning Statement submitted with the December 2011 application, section 3.12 says "The southern of two terraces of heritage assets on High Road adjacent to the NDP site consists of No. 744 Warmington House (listed Grade II), No. 748 The Dispensary, No. 750 The Red House and No. 752 the Former White Hart Public House, all of which are locally listed and make an important contribution to both local, and Club history. This terrace is to the west of the current application site boundary and is to be retained and incorporated within the approved NDP scheme."

I think any drawings showing those buildings missing are errors and/or copied from earlier drawings when those buildings were proposed to be demolished.

Also I noted that section 3.10 of the application says "The existing stadium is to be replaced by a new 56,250 seat stadium located immediately to the north of the present stadium." So that is still the official position although it should have course be revised in future.

If you look in the link where I said click on Covering Letter, in there it states that there will be a "separate planning application for the stadium and podium", and it is in the changes to the podium, where you will find out that those listed buildings are going to be removed, and in the other link it clearly shows that in the PROPOSED plans those Four listed buildings have been removed, this was one of Daniel Levys "must haves" when he negotiated the financial viability of Spurs staying in Tottenham with the Government, Haringey Council, and Boris Johnson etc.

The planned building of the extra 85 apartments in the revised plans has taken away most of the public realm space, by being able to remove those Four listed buildings, it saves Spurs a great deal of money and gives the site an uncluttered look, as well as creating more public realm space etc.

See link below ............. on the right hand side PROPOSED plans, the Four listed buildings are no longer there.

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=425113

Last edited:
The extra apartments take more space from the area between Park Lane and the stadium - not by removing the historic buildings.

See page 43 of NDP Southern Development DAS 21.12.11 31-54.pdf

This part describes the four new blocks containing 285 apartments. "As a result of the new design, development is pushed further from the High Road than is the case with the current consent. This means that more space can be provided around the retained historic buildings, with the staircases up onto the podium moving back from both the High Road and Park Lane. The accompanying plan on the same page shows the outline of the retained buildings adjacent to the High Road. The new blocks are not occupying that space.

The extra apartments take more space from the area between Park Lane and the stadium - not by removing the historic buildings.

See page 43 of NDP Southern Development DAS 21.12.11 31-54.pdf

This part describes the four new blocks containing 285 apartments. "As a result of the new design, development is pushed further from the High Road than is the case with the current consent. This means that more space can be provided around the retained historic buildings, with the staircases up onto the podium moving back from both the High Road and Park Lane. The accompanying plan on the same page shows the outline of the retained buildings adjacent to the High Road. The new blocks are not occupying that space.

Mate you are not taking in what I am saying, the public realm space has been lost because the extra apartments have taken up the space where the ICE RINK and HOTEL were going to be, that has nothing to do with the Four listed buildings, the extra public realm space will appear WHEN separate plans for the STADIUM AND PODIUM are submitted in the NEAR FUTURE, this is when you will officially hear that those Four listed buildings are going to be removed, Haringey Council has already agreed to these proposals in talks with Spurs over recent months.

Last edited:
Ok, I thought you were saying that removing the historic buildings created space which would be used directly for extra apartments. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I wouldn't have interpreted their planned demolition from them being missing in a diagram but it sounds like you've got information that isn't public so that's fair enough.

Thanks LoughtonSpurz. Brilliant that things seem to be progressing quite fast now.

No way i'm ever going to be able to open all those attachments though, so can you tell us one way or the other whether the proposed increase in capacity from 56,250 to 60,000 is actually mentioned in it? It would be nice to see it formally written down somewhere as a concrete proposal.

The Stadium

4.2.2. The stadium will have a spectator capacity of up to 58,250. It will be elliptical in plan with a roof
over the spectator seating areas. The pitch would be orientated on a north to south long axis. It is
proposed to set the ground level at 12.00m AOD. The stadium will be a maximum height of
approximately 40.5m in height at its highest point.

4.2.3. The stadium will comprise six levels with three main tiers of seating and one tier of hospitality
boxes. These are in ascending order:
ÔÇó Level 1 Ground Floor Level
ÔÇó Level 2 Lower Concourse Level
ÔÇó Level 3 Club Level
ÔÇó Level 4 Box Level
ÔÇó Level 5 Upper Concourse Level
ÔÇó Level 6 Plant Level

4.2.4. The ground floor of the stadium will incorporate approximately 280 car parking spaces along with
motorcycle and bicycle parking. All principal entrances into the stadium for general spectators and
hospitality members will be directly from exterior concourse areas at ground floor level. The lower
concourse will allow access to the lower bowl which provides approximately 20,800 seats
. This
level provides the main lower circulation within the stadium.

4.2.5. Club level provides a range of high quality flexible hospitality restaurants and bars for
approximately 6800 club members with seating in the middle tier. The box level 1350 box seats.

4.2.6. The varying section upper tier will include a maximum of 39 rows to the West and East stands and
a maximum of 35 rows to the North and South stands and provide approximately 29,300 seats all
served by the upper concourse
. The plant level will accommodate much of the plant to service the
stadium.

280 car parking spaces!! Interesting.

TBH they should build two way under the housing and make a multi story.

4.2.2. The stadium will have a spectator capacity of up to 58,250.

That quote is from the initial planning application, before they refined the design, added the single tier end and reduced the proposed capacity to 56K.

That the document still says 58K is simply because Spurs haven't updated all the detailed application documents.

The official line is still that the stadium will be 56K but, unofficially, it is common knowledge that that figure has now been increased again - probably to 60K or a little over.

No reason to limit ourselves to 56K. Although Arsenal are a slightly bigger draw right now, I feel our potential is much bigger.

They only have 60k tickets sold each week due to about 30k tarquins having corporate tickets and ST's, if it werent for these the stadium would be embarassingly emty most weeks

You only have to look at the empty seats ever week to see how many fans are not bothering attending anymore

Arsenal have the most expensive tickets in the land so that Theo Walcott can earn his ?ú60k a week.

That quote is from the initial planning application, before they refined the design, added the single tier end and reduced the proposed capacity to 56K.

That the document still says 58K is simply because Spurs haven't updated all the detailed application documents.

The official line is still that the stadium will be 56K but, unofficially, it is common knowledge that that figure has now been increased again - probably to 60K or a little over.

I would love it if we opt for 61,000 - would be a great reference to our 61 double winning team.

56,000 is a little low for my tastes, the 61,000 idea is a good one in my opinion.

Does anyone have any thoughts about terracing ever making a come back with regards our stadium? Do you think the planners have kept an eye on that with the new build?

Well there's your answer.

:ross:

I swear your part of the project Jimmy. lol

Ha!

I wish. I'd have plenty of suggestions to make to improve the design - that's for sure!

Truth is, fella, the stadium development is just my OCD.

They only have 60k tickets sold each week due to about 30k tarquins having corporate tickets and ST's, if it werent for these the stadium would be embarassingly emty most weeks

You only have to look at the empty seats ever week to see how many fans are not bothering attending anymore

I'd love to agree with you but, though Arsenal certainly have their fair weather fans, they also have a huge hard core that is every bit as big as ours. They're no Chelsea.

And if they're struggling to sell tickets now that things aren't going quite so well for them, then it's a warning to be heeded by us. Because, like it or not, they have a far bigger global fan base than Spurs currently. And if we start to underperform, we too will struggle to sell out a 60K stadium. More than they currently do.

Loughton - thanks for the links to the new southern development proposals. Good find.

Can I ask, though, how do you know that Spurs plan to submit a further amendment relating to the stadium, podium and retained listed buildings?

Loughton - thanks for the links to the new southern development proposals. Good find.

Can I ask, though, how do you know that Spurs plan to submit a further amendment relating to the stadium, podium and retained listed buildings?

Cheers mate, have a look in the Covering Letter in the link below, scroll down and all will be revealed, it wont give you any specific information regarding any capacity increases or information about the listed buildings being removed, but I can assure you that they are the reasons for the future amendments from our current stadium and podium plans. ;)

See link below ......... Open link below then just below attachments, click on Covering Letter and scroll down.

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=252825

See below ........

fuxr1g.jpg

Last edited:
Back