• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

"There had been some suggestion on the thread on the old board that this was important to the new stadium because a) it would make it easier for ENIC to secure bigger loans"

Funny how most major corporate entities would do the exact reverse.

Anybody care to explain the reasoning behind this statement?

"There had been some suggestion on the thread on the old board that this was important to the new stadium because a) it would make it easier for ENIC to secure bigger loans"

In our case because ENIC controlled a large majority of the shares there was almost no liquidity, and the value of the club was significantly below what it actually was/is. Resultantly it would be more difficult to borrow what appears, even if untrue, to be massively out of proportion with the (listed) value of the club. Also it is also beneficial that the costs of being on AIM will now disappear, they must have been around 200k per year.

You can adjust the 'posts per page' setting yourself
I think the lowest you can go by changing the setting yourself is ten (although I can't find it now!). I wasn't being serious though, one post per page would drive everyone nuts :)

I think it's to do with the value of the club. The value of the club as a PLC was determined by the values of its shares, which were artifically low because ENIC owned 85% of them. But now as a private company the club's value is more to do with its assets. Therefore the amount they can mortgage themselves for is much greater.

Something like that anyway.

Exactly, if enough Premier League clubs want this to happen then the law might just be changed. There is no reason why standing in the Premier League is any less safe than standing in the Bundesliga, Championship or at a rugby league game. The more pressure the better.

You have to start somewhere. First Scotland, next Villa, who know how far it will go. The more clubs that endorse it the more likely it will change at some point in the future. I'm not sure if the 'kop' end is still in our stadium plans but imagine that as a standing area. It would be the bloody amazing.

Hopefully we won't have the issues Saudi Sportswashing Machine are having.. although with it being a new stadium it shouldn't be too much of an issue...

"City council bosses have said they will be appealing to the media to continue to refer to the Saudi Sportswashing Machine ground as St James' Park."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-16656754

Not entirely sure how much pull the city council should really have in this, seeing as the stadium doesn't belong to them...

Nah, ours will be a brand new stadium. While it's not exactly brilliant to have your ground named after a company, just about everyone knows it's a necessary evil for building a new stadium. If they renamed the existing White Hart Lane though... that might cause a bit of a stink :)

Back