• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

Jimmy you seem to be the man who knows the most about this subject and definitely know much more than me, when can we expect them to actually start building the new ground?

ive heard a few people say work will begin on the 21st of December 2012

Jimmy you seem to be the man who knows the most about this subject and definitely know much more than me, when can we expect them to actually start building the new ground?

Loughton Spur (?) is the man who seems to have his finger on the pulse.

Think it was him who found the Haringey document which outlined the proposed construction schedule (a few pages back). According to that document, construction of the northern end of the NDP (the supermarket) will begin in the spring / summer (today's announcement confirms that); and construction of the stadium itself will begin next year, with the two thirds complete stadium ready for use by the beginning of the 2015-16 season and the stadium and podium fully complete by the beginning of the 2016-17 season. Finally, construction of the southern end of the NDP (residential, college, health club; health centre and shops) will begin in 2016, though I don't know of any date for completion of the whole development.

Of course, all of this assumes that the club can secure loans on acceptable terms and a naming rights deal that is equally acceptable.

Last edited:
Loughton Spur (?) is the man who seems to have his finger on the pulse.

Think it was him who found the Haringey document which outlined the proposed construction schedule (a few pages back). According to that document, construction of the northern end of the NDP (the supermarket) will begin in the spring / summer (today's announcement confirms that); and construction of the stadium itself will begin next year, with the two thirds complete stadium ready for use by the beginning of the 2015-16 season and the stadium and podium fully complete by the beginning of the 2016-17 season. Finally, construction of the southern end of the NDP (residential, college, health club; health centre and shops) will begin in 2016, though I don't know of any date for completion of the whole development.

Of course, all of this assumes that the club can secure loans on acceptable terms and a naming rights deal that is equally acceptable.

Cheers Jimmy!

I still don't get how it's going to work with us playing in a stadium despite it not being finished. Have other any other stadiums been built like that before?

I thought it was common knowledge sainsburys would be there? I've known this for months. Not sure if it was just rumours but I read it on the old site.

Cheers Jimmy!

I still don't get how it's going to work with us playing in a stadium despite it not being finished. Have other any other stadiums been built like that before?

I don't know about any existing stadia.

But Atletic Bilbao have a new stadium in the early stage of construction and it will be built in phases in much the same way (the main pic is just a render, by the way - the site as it currently looks is the insert in the top left corner):

captura-de-pantalla-2012-02-19-a-las-10-58-02.png

I thought it was common knowledge sainsburys would be there? I've known this for months. Not sure if it was just rumours but I read it on the old site.

It was an open secret that Sainsburys were the supermarket in question but it wasn't officially confirmed until now.

I don't know about any existing stadia.

But Atletic Bilbao have a new stadium in the early stage of construction and it will be built in phases in much the same way (the main pic is just a render, by the way - the site as it currently looks is the insert in the top left corner):

captura-de-pantalla-2012-02-19-a-las-10-58-02.png

I remember there being a diagram of how its going to take shape in the early NLD days. Looked like they were proposing to build 3/4 with the current stadium overlapping the missing corner, then in the off season that part was going to be built in. Must be a hell of alot of work to get the old ground bulldozed and the new one ready for the new season (in whatever state)

I am fairly sure that they 3/4 part of the new stadium is planed to be used during one whole season leaving at lest a whole year to complete the last section (including demolition)

I am fairly sure that they 3/4 part of the new stadium is planed to be used during one whole season leaving at lest a whole year to complete the last section (including demolition)
Yup. If we can get funding and everything goes to the currently planned time table we would get to the two thirds completed stadium (phase 3) at the start of the 2015/16 season, leaving them the whole of that season and the off season afterwards to demolish the old stadium and build the final bit of the new stadium, ready for the start of 2016/17.

ndp-build-plan.jpg

I remember there being a diagram of how its going to take shape in the early NLD days. Looked like they were proposing to build 3/4 with the current stadium overlapping the missing corner, then in the off season that part was going to be built in. Must be a hell of alot of work to get the old ground bulldozed and the new one ready for the new season (in whatever state)

Definitely going to working to a tight schedule. I could certainly see the Club requesting the swopping of the first home game in each of those seasons, if feasible, to give a couple of extra weeks time for the build/demoliton.
IIRC we did this in the 90s when the West Stand was rebuilt, started the season with 3 away games

Cannot wait for the new stadium. This will hopefully mean that I get my season ticket, but what will this mean to the stadium attendances when it is being built? Will we have away fans at all?

Cannot wait for the new stadium. This will hopefully mean that I get my season ticket, but what will this mean to the stadium attendances when it is being built? Will we have away fans at all?

Cant see it affecting the numbers at all, if the new build is 3/4 complete and it is projected to hold 56,000 then that is 42,000.
Obviously the 3/4 figure is only an approximate figure of speech, but I would guess that we will still have a minimum of 36,000 tickets available each match, as we do now.
Maybe even a few extra, and hopefully a few more ST's will be created too with the rest being created upon completion

Cant see it affecting the numbers at all, if the new build is 3/4 complete and it is projected to hold 56,000 then that is 42,000.
Obviously the 3/4 figure is only an approximate figure of speech, but I would guess that we will still have a minimum of 36,000 tickets available each match, as we do now.
Maybe even a few extra, and hopefully a few more ST's will be created too with the rest being created upon completion

We currently have 23,000 season ticket holders correct? How many ST holders do Arsenal currently have? Surely we would have a similar amount when the stadium is finished.

My understanding is that two thirds of the new stadium will be available for use during that first season. Which will mean a capacity of about 37K if the proposed final capacity is the current 56K.........or 40K if the proposed final capacity is increased, as expected, to something in the region of 60K.

In either case, as you say, the partially completed new stadium will have a greater capacity than the current stadium.

We currently have 23,000 season ticket holders correct? How many ST holders do Arsenal currently have? Surely we would have a similar amount when the stadium is finished.

Yes, a little over 23K season ticket holders. And a further 35K+ on the waiting list.

Arsenal, I think, have a little over 40K season ticket holders and a further 40K+ on the waiting list.

Yes, a little over 23K season ticket holders. And a further 35K+ on the waiting list.

Arsenal, I think, have a little over 40K season ticket holders and a further 40K+ on the waiting list.

You wouldn't think that when you see the number of empty seats at their stadium!

I'm 4000 and something on the waiting list so that means I should definitely get one when the new WHL is built \o/

Back