• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

Re: New stadium and training ground thread - Pg 74 Haringey Council plans 2025

See now it makes sense, you actually included the context. Whereas i have been talking generally.

I see. I'm bound to ask the question why, but then that might invite speculation as to whether we're in the wrong thread ;o)

If your argument had any real weight, in this context, then every home would come with residents permits instead of only very few places having them.

People are entitled to naff all. If it's not your land, it's just not your land.

Your logic doesn't follow.

In most places, people don't need a permit because they can find a place to park near their home. There is no need for a permit and why introduce unnecessary paperwork. When it becomes difficult to park because of some addition demand for parking brought on by shopping centres or entertainment venues, then people can apply for and get parking permits. The fact they get them when they need them suggests there is a reasonable entitlement to a parking space near your home.

This conclusion is supported by the fact that you can apply to get a driveway, which removes the public parking space outside your home. If there was no entitlement you would be allowed to remove that parking spot from the public pool. There are also sometimes requirements to clear snow from the pavement (a the public space) outside your house.

Back to the effect on our stadium plans. If the CPZ zone is extended and makes it impossible for match-goers to park near the stadium, then there is an incentive for the club to introduce limited paid parking near the stadium for people like Scara who are willing to pay $50 for parking (this is assuming they don't demolish all housing around the ground and convert it into a giant parking lot).

Someone on Skyscraper City has posted the following scheme for the Stadium Approach:

NewBillNicholsonWay.jpg

Not sure where it came from or what the other phases are, but it would make sense that Phases 1, 2a and 3 correspond to the three Spurs NPD scheme phases: the supermarket, stadium, and housing development. Phase 4 seems to entail a complete rebuild on the western side of the High Rd, so I assume its just a proposal at present and could be unlikely.

A new planning permission application for the Brook House site up by the current Sainsburys has these two schemes of the whole master plan:

npdmasterplanarea.gif
npdmasterplanarea2.gif

So it would seem that there are some fairly ambitious proposals circulating.

How would that fit in with the "wembley walkway" from white hart lane station?

I was having a mooch around the other night before the game trying to envisage it but i guess i dont have the eye for that sort of thing. Unless they knock down the flats by the station i cant see it working.??

Apologies if this has been asked recently, but has work commenced on the actual building of the stadium?

I was having a mooch around the other night before the game trying to envisage it but i guess i dont have the eye for that sort of thing. Unless they knock down the flats by the station i cant see it working.??

The main White Hart Lane station building (plus entrance / exits) will be moved 100 metres or so south - to more or less where the British Queen pub used to be.

And yes, some of the flats either side of Whitehall Road and a couple of buildings on the High Road would have to be demolished in order to accommodate the new walkway.

The main White Hart Lane station building (plus entrance / exits) will be moved 100 metres or so south - to more or less where the British Queen pub used to be.

And yes, some of the flats either side of Whitehall Road and a couple of buildings on the High Road would have to be demolished in order to accommodate the new walkway.

BOO BOO

nah just kidding. They could do with knocking down a lot of the area to be honest, sometime we have to admit that things were not built well and we need to rebuild to bring money and growth to the area.

PS jimmy you have got it locked down in this thread son, carry on as you are.

I thought the first picture I tried to post gives an decent idea, although the word censor means it didn't show. The little BR symbol is the new WHL station entrance/exit and the walkway is where Whitehall Rd is now.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/****erel/NewBillNicholsonWay.jpg (you have to edit the url to add c o c k)

Someone on Skyscraper City has posted the following scheme for the Stadium Approach:

NewBillNicholsonWay.jpg

Not sure where it came from or what the other phases are, but it would make sense that Phases 1, 2a and 3 correspond to the three Spurs NPD scheme phases: the supermarket, stadium, and housing development. Phase 4 seems to entail a complete rebuild on the western side of the High Rd, so I assume its just a proposal at present and could be unlikely.

A new planning permission application for the Brook House site up by the current Sainsburys has these two schemes of the whole master plan:

npdmasterplanarea.gif
npdmasterplanarea2.gif

So it would seem that there are some fairly ambitious proposals circulating.

Looks like good news to me, that whole site that I mentioned a couple of weeks back looks like its part of the whole generation of the area. Hopefully they don't make the mistake of making the area look like a concrete city, a bit like south of the River, Thamesmead which was the single most ambitious post-war social housing development in London, which now is the most crime riddled, unsafe place there possibly is in England. I hope the club gets first refusal on buying the land, to build a similar number of homes it will have behind the south stand.

Bill Nicholson Way would be good.

prefer the ring to Phase 28 myself

Gonna be plenty of demolition over the next few years looking at that

Might even bulldoze the stadium for a new round one by the looks of it

I know there is 11 days left of November but I could have sworn that major announcements were planned for the month of November 2012 or was I dreaming this.

Back