• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
First i was gutted about we maybe ended up with Ange, when I wanted JN, LE, poch.. and when I see the intervju with players at Celtic, the supporters, profiles to the Club… and see all the love they all have… I think we need this now. Im not shoure if he is a name that players we need want to play for, but the Celtic players talked about the Club was a family… and we had that feeling with poch.
I belive now that he will love Spurs and we will love him.

None of that is relavent ... what a coach does at one club doesn't mean that it shall just easily be replicated ... look at serial winners in Mourinho, Conte ... or the likeable nuno etc ....

Happy that Leeds will be getting a promising coach who may lead them on a promotion chase

were you not just a few pages back all in getting a manager from the the woman’s league?

You do know that is several levels down from even the Australian men’s league forget about the Scottish men’s league?

Sounds like a message to the Spurs fans…
I hope our fans listen but I doubt it. Admittedly I'm not a season ticket holder, but when I do go I'm sick of many acting all entitled when things don't go our way and too often creating a horrible atmosphere. With the atmosphere too often at our place when things aren't going our way it doesn't matter who the players and a manager is we won't be successful.Whether it's Ange or someone else that arrives in the hot seat there will a good portion of fans who didn't want him, but I hope they would at least get behind the team as we try and create a new style of play and era - it would be of benefit to everyone. I wont hold my breath though....

I hope our fans listen but I doubt it. Admittedly I'm not a season ticket holder, but when I do go I'm sick of many acting all entitled when things don't go our way and too often creating a horrible atmosphere. With the atmosphere too often at our place when things aren't going our way it doesn't matter who the players and a manager is we won't be successful.Whether it's Ange or someone else that arrives in the hot seat there will a good portion of fans who didn't want him, but I hope they would at least get behind the team as we try and create a new style of play and era - it would be of benefit to everyone. I wont hold my breath though....

I feel something changed in the mood of the fans when we played at Wembley and it's never been as good as it was before then.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65800766 - great article about Ange in the bbc...

I think it is unfair to compare him to Nuno - what Ange will bring that Nuno didn't is that ability to bring the club together and unite the team/fans/club.

Nuno was a terrible communicator - one word answers, uninspiring press conferences.

People dismiss the Celtic job out of hand - it is a huge job and a huge club - when people talk about being "more than a club" - it is about Celtic, as they represent a community. The Old Firm is a huge game across the globe.

Reading about Ange's tactics and watching yesterday, the squad isn't as badly suited to his style/tactics as I thought. Winners and losers as always with a manager change, but the squad below would seem to fit his style with just 3 signings and making Lenglet permanent.

Priority would be weeding out those weaker on the ball this summer. I think this would work for next year whilst we only have 3 competitions and then could upgrade some (Dier, Winks etc) the year after when we're hopefully back in Europe:

GK: New keeper + FF
RB: Royal + Spence
LB: Udogie + Reggie
CBs: Romero, New LCB, Lenglet and probably Dier (given cash constraints)
DM: Skipp and Winks
no 8s (need 4+): Bentancur, Bisouma, New Signing, Sarr, Devine
Wide attackers (need 4): Son, Kulu, Gil, Porro
CFs: Kane, Richie

Losers would be: PEH, Sanchez, Davies, Sess, Davies (in addition to selling Tubby, GLC, Rodon etc)
Winners: Winks, Gil, Devine, Reggie (better ball players). Porro also a big winner as I think the wide forward role would be great for him

I know lots don't like Winks and he's not good enough to be a starter in a top 4 team, but the deep midfielder role in Ange's system would seem to suit him. I'd keep him for a year as back-up to Skipp and focus cash elsewhere

Reading about Ange's tactics and watching yesterday, the squad isn't as badly suited to his style/tactics as I thought. Winners and losers as always with a manager change, but the squad below would seem to fit his style with just 3 signings and making Lenglet permanent.

Priority would be weeding out those weaker on the ball this summer. I think this would work for next year whilst we only have 3 competitions and then could upgrade some (Dier, Winks etc) the year after when we're hopefully back in Europe:

Losers would be: PEH, Sanchez, Davies, Sess, Davies (in addition to selling Tubby, GLC, Rodon etc)
Winners: Winks, Gil, Devine, Reggie (better ball players). Porro also a big winner as I think the wide forward role would be great for him

I know lots don't like Winks and he's not good enough to be a starter in a top 4 team, but the deep midfielder role in Ange's system would seem to suit him. I'd keep him for a year as back-up to Skipp and focus cash elsewhere

You need squad players that can come on and make a genuine change or step in when there are injuries and ideally push the starting XI ... winks just isn't any of that.

Skipp is getting away with it because he's an academy player, he could be on the bench.

I think PEH needs to be replaced, flog Richy, sanchez, dier, Davies, Sessegnon, reguilon, Lo Celso, Ndombele.

You need squad players that can come on and make a genuine change or step in when there are injuries and ideally push the starting XI ... winks just isn't any of that.

Skipp is getting away with it because he's an academy player, he could be on the bench.

I think PEH needs to be replaced, flog Richy, sanchez, dier, Davies, Sessegnon, reguilon, Lo Celso, Ndombele.

you also need to be realistic about the cash which we’ll have to spend this summer plus proceeds from sales. A decent choice GK, CB and midfielder will likely cost us say £100m-£120m so having the cash to sign bench impact players is probably unlikely

Also in the right formation and with the right coaching, we should be able to find some options frkm mobile players already in the squad like Gil, Devine, Porro, Sarr, Bisouma, Richie.

can then upgrade more next year

Reading about Ange's tactics and watching yesterday, the squad isn't as badly suited to his style/tactics as I thought. Winners and losers as always with a manager change, but the squad below would seem to fit his style with just 3 signings and making Lenglet permanent

I know you’ve had your doubts about Ange, how are you feeling about him now?

Will be interesting to see how this pans out with the new manager. Our squad is so unbelievably bloated with at least 10 players needing to be sold.

So lots of work to be done early doors in pre season training and possibly even before hand working out who goes and who stays.

The good news is we only really need to identify and sign three players for decent money, GK, CB and a playmaker type CM. And I think we already have a general idea of the players who will be targeted for those positions.

It could also be why there doesn’t seem to be a huge urgency getting a new DoF in or as is rumoured a head of recruitment.

Ange will let us know the 10 plus he doesn’t want and we all already know the 3 in we would like which Ange will likely approve.

So this head of recruitment role is probably more geared to identifying in future windows these sort of gems brighton find.

It could also be why there doesn’t seem to be a huge urgency getting a new DoF in or as is rumoured a head of recruitment.

Ange will let us know the 10 plus he doesn’t want and we all already know the 3 in we would like which Ange will likely approve.

So this head of recruitment role is probably more geared to identifying in future windows these sort of gems brighton find.

There was also stuff in the press a few weeks ago that our chief scout (not sure of title though) which we poached from Watford (Leonardo Gabbanini) would be leading the prep for the transfer window whilst Paratici's replacement was hired. WE also hired Ranger's CHief Scout last summer (Andy Scoulding) though he's our assistant performance director now under Stienson I believe.

No idea of either of their abilities, and/or whether they're respected enough to genuinely lead our prep for the window

I know you’ve had your doubts about Ange, how are you feeling about him now?

Yes, my doubts were generally that I knew nothing about him (positive or negative) and that he's unproven in a major league.

I've read a few blogs/articles etc about him, browsed a Celtic forum and watched the game yesterday. Its clear that fans and players of his current and former teams hugely rate him, and also the football which he plays is where I think Spurs need to head in order to get some identity back and try to rebuild some excitement with the fans. The apathy from fans in recent months/years needs to be quashed with the next hire, so the type of football is imperative and he definitely ticks the box there. So all those are positives. His man management seems strong too - feels a bit like he's a 'Harry Redknapp plus some tactics'. A bit Martin Jol-like.

The 'unproven in a major league' is obviously impossible to argue against, and its rare that a decent manager doesnt manage in one of teh top leagues til they're 57...but then suddenly move to one of the richer teams in those bigger leagues. I can't actually think of a precedent at all and in finance/investment worlds where I spend my time the argument that 'this time is different' is usually laughed off as naive. It might seem harsh but I think if he were in his early 40s rather than 57 there would be greater clamour for him.

But all in all I think he's the right appointment for where we are. As above, I think with 3 additions we have a squad which he can use and I think he'll help our image and get some respectability back to us. It might actually help him that there is a degree of scepticism about his appointment as expectations might be lower. With those additions, I'd like to think that he stabilises us next season and we could finish 7th at worse (behind the other top 6 plus Saudi Sportswashing Machine) and perhaps without the burden of European football, we might be able to stay in the top 4 race until into Spring 2024 and also with the lighter workload, we can go full bore for the domestic cups too.

So yes, hopefully we'll tie him and a DoF up asap. I'm not sure where we go if he doesnt join either as I dont see an obvious alternative who plays attacking, exciting football...

Yes, my doubts were generally that I knew nothing about him (positive or negative) and that he's unproven in a major league.

I've read a few blogs/articles etc about him, browsed a Celtic forum and watched the game yesterday. Its clear that fans and players of his current and former teams hugely rate him, and also the football which he plays is where I think Spurs need to head in order to get some identity back and try to rebuild some excitement with the fans. The apathy from fans in recent months/years needs to be quashed with the next hire, so the type of football is imperative and he definitely ticks the box there. So all those are positives. His man management seems strong too - feels a bit like he's a 'Harry Redknapp plus some tactics'. A bit Martin Jol-like.

The 'unproven in a major league' is obviously impossible to argue against, and its rare that a decent manager doesnt manage in one of teh top leagues til they're 57...but then suddenly move to one of the richer teams in those bigger leagues. I can't actually think of a precedent at all and in finance/investment worlds where I spend my time the argument that 'this time is different' is usually laughed off as naive. It might seem harsh but I think if he were in his early 40s rather than 57 there would be greater clamour for him.

But all in all I think he's the right appointment for where we are. As above, I think with 3 additions we have a squad which he can use and I think he'll help our image and get some respectability back to us. It might actually help him that there is a degree of scepticism about his appointment as expectations might be lower. With those additions, I'd like to think that he stabilises us next season and we could finish 7th at worse (behind the other top 6 plus Saudi Sportswashing Machine) and perhaps without the burden of European football, we might be able to stay in the top 4 race until into Spring 2024 and also with the lighter workload, we can go full bore for the domestic cups too.

So yes, hopefully we'll tie him and a DoF up asap. I'm not sure where we go if he doesnt join either as I dont see an obvious alternative who plays attacking, exciting football...

If he says no we would be pretty much screwed as the original lengthy list of candidates that fit the bill would be basically exhausted.

People talk of Enrique and Nagelsmann but its clear to me they wouldn’t be prepared to work medium to long term under the constraints enic put on the club.

We would literally have to pay £6m to appoint Marco Silva and hope for the best.

There would also be Lopetegui but he is already throwing his toys out of the pram at a lack of transfer funds at wolves. Would he stay with us medium to long term? Doubt it. And isn’t his football a touch pragmatic.

So hopefully Ange takes the job.

If he says no we would be pretty much screwed as the original lengthy list of candidates that fit the bill would be basically exhausted.

People talk of Enrique and Nagelsmann but its clear to me they wouldn’t be prepared to work medium to long term under the constraints enic put on the club.

We would literally have to pay £6m to appoint Marco Silva and hope for the best.

There would also be Lopetegui but he is already throwing his toys out of the pram at a lack of transfer funds at wolves. Would he stay with us medium to long term? Doubt it. And isn’t his football a touch pragmatic.

So hopefully Ange takes the job.

Enrique has also said that he's not interested in coming to Spurs - not sure why people ignore those quotes! Nagelsmann is off to Napoli it seems too

Back