• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Oh fans on Facebook, will Levy be able to sleep at nights with this threat to his job?

It’s alright to scoff, but the chants at the last home game show that a lot (the majority?) of the fans have turned against him. It’s going to be very hard for him to turn that around. He looked very uneasy.

People need to understand we are an upper mid table club at the moment.

We were told that the new stadium would allow us to make the step up to the very top table. What’s gone wrong?

We were told that the new stadium would allow us to make the step up to the very top table. What’s gone wrong?

Two and abit years of Covid.....the actual plan being that the stadium would be a longer term bigger income self sustained plan....

The club are and will be on a much stronger self sustainable revenue plan which allows the club to put that money back into the playing area which it does.

You think that Spurs history will only exist for the last 3/4 years post stadium or do you think the move in the longer term will or won't be a benefit to the club?

Two and abit years of Covid.....the actual plan being that the stadium would be a longer term bigger income self sustained plan....

The club are and will be on a much stronger self sustainable revenue plan which allows the club to put that money back into the playing area which it does.

You think that Spurs history will only exist for the last 3/4 years post stadium or do you think the move in the longer term will or won't be a benefit to the club?

We’ve been moving backwards imo. 5 years of terrible football decisions at boardroom level are to blame.

We’ve been moving backwards imo. 5 years of terrible football decisions at boardroom level are to blame.

Yeh I agree but thats not moving to the stadium

Moving form a 34,000 seater cowshed regardless of the history and memories (I cried leaving), it had to be done.

Also when the stadium was envisaged spending £75m each summer roughly would have been huge but now realistically you need to be spending double that.

So the general football inflation has also restricted the impact of the stadium.

It is why we need to go full Brighton in our approach and use the stadium income to make the extra difference.

Also when the stadium was envisaged spending £75m each summer roughly would have been huge but now realistically you need to be spending double that.

So the general football inflation has also restricted the impact of the stadium.

It is why we need to go full Brighton in our approach and use the stadium income to make the extra difference.

I agree there also has to be a huge emphasis on spending better, always said that, too much wastage on over paid buys with us pretending too be big time for a period.....Sanchez, Ndombele, No Celso, Bergwijn, Reggie, Lucus...etc etc etc

The biggest negative impacts over the last few years have been relatively simple IMO:
- some poor signings in the gap between the CL final and Paratici arriving. Swapping the wasters that we signed in those years for just 2 competent players would be a huge different
- poor choice of managers in terms of alignment with the club

It’s alright to scoff, but the chants at the last home game show that a lot (the majority?) of the fans have turned against him. It’s going to be very hard for him to turn that around. He looked very uneasy.

Do you really believe shouting Levy out will lead to him leaving? Hasn't worked at United or Woolwich.

I think it will benefit the club's income in a way that staying in the old stadium wouldnt. But on its own it will not make us challengers. Especially if poor football decisions are made in the boardroom.

I think it will benefit the club's income in a way that staying in the old stadium wouldnt. But on its own it will not make us challengers. Especially if poor football decisions are made in the boardroom.

We can shop from a more expensive range of players and pay considerably higher wages than we used, but I think we need a better success rate on our signings over several windows more than finding the one coach that is perfect for us.

20:25
'There will be a time for questions on my future'
FT: Celtic 3-1 Inverness CT

More typically robust responses from Ange Postecoglou about his future...

Asked on BBC Sportsound why he can't stamp out speculation around a possible departure, he says: "Because I think I deserve to enjoy this moment just like everyone else. I worked really hard for this moment.

"I owe it to my friends and to my family. I get why you have to ask the question, but from my perspective, I deserve to enjoy this moment.

"There will be a time to come for those kinds of questions but for now, we've grasped a small chunk of history for ourselves and I'm not going to pass that by by being side tracked."

20:25
'There will be a time for questions on my future'
FT: Celtic 3-1 Inverness CT

More typically robust responses from Ange Postecoglou about his future...

Asked on BBC Sportsound why he can't stamp out speculation around a possible departure, he says: "Because I think I deserve to enjoy this moment just like everyone else. I worked really hard for this moment.

"I owe it to my friends and to my family. I get why you have to ask the question, but from my perspective, I deserve to enjoy this moment.

"There will be a time to come for those kinds of questions but for now, we've grasped a small chunk of history for ourselves and I'm not going to pass that by by being side tracked."

Not sure who the BBC reporter was who wrote that however to class that as a 'robust response' is as far from accurate as possible!

He dodged the question as you would expect.

Only question now is whether Levy puts the call in to Celtic tomorrow or waits til Monday

Back