• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
1) Who do you think is the right guy for us now?
2) Who do you think we will actually get?
3) Does it ultimately matter under our current owners? (I resigned to thinking it doesn't..)
Not a bloke with the off field issues and arrogance of Nagelsmann
And he is a great tactical but I’m not sure he is a great coach
I’d like a coach first and foremost
That would be a potter, a de Zerbi, slot
I’d happily take Poch back too
Someone who would see this club as good as it is rather than a step down

Not a bloke with the off field issues and arrogance of Nagelsmann
And he is a great tactical but I’m not sure he is a great coach
I’d like a coach first and foremost
That would be a potter, a de Zerbi, slot
I’d happily take Poch back too
Someone who would see this club as good as it is rather than a step down

Largely agree but if nagelsmann turned down chelsea for us then I think that’s a good sign and addresses a lot of the rumours about his personality.

An arrogant fudge takes the chelsea job 100%.

if not Poch then Gallardo, De Zerbi, Slot ie someone as Bedford says, will relish the chance rather than see it as a step down. They also strike me as being progressive types even though i don't know much about them. It's a bit like when Poch was a candidate to come here and we had Deboer/LVG and some others for a period of time, I really wanted Poch and was delighted we got him,once announced.
No superclub manager again for me, not until we are that superclub.

Last edited:
if not Poch then Gallardo, De Zerbi, Slot ie someone as Bedford says, will relish the chance rather than see it as a step down. They also strike me as being progressive types even though i don't know much about them. It's a bit like when Poch was a candidate to come hear and we had Deboer/LVG and some others for a period of time, I really wanted Poch and was delighted we got him,once announced.
No superclub manager again for me, not until we are that superclub.

I think Slot because Gallardo will always be courted by barca and madrid. De Zerbi doesn’t want to leave this summer.

Poch and Nagels likely going elsewhere.

The good thing about Slot is his methods have worked exceedingly well at two clubs now.

Funnily enough I think we have a higher ceiling with Gallardo but if he starts to achieve really good things he’ll just bugger off to Spain so what’s the point.

Slot can make us a really attractive side that consistently ends between 3rd and 5th I think.

But with someone like him and our budget we cant expect Kane to stay, so we are best off cashing in during this summer. Sell to Bayern maybe for less than what we can get from an English rival would be my idea.

Just draw a line under it now and move on afresh.

With Gallardo I fear that if he does well he’ll get taken by barca or madrid.

De zerbi may not be gettable this summer so Slot may be our best long term bet.

I hope he is good!
He doesn't seem to be that kind of person though. He stayed 8 seasons at River Plate. Eight! Even though it is rumored he had interest from Barca and Monaco since 2019. He had established enough of a reputation that he could have left earlier, but he stayed on until he won the one thing he hadn't won with River: a league title. Between the 3 of them, he may well be the one more likely to stick around.

The good thing about Slot is his methods have worked exceedingly well at two clubs now.

Funnily enough I think we have a higher ceiling with Gallardo but if he starts to achieve really good things he’ll just bugger off to Spain so what’s the point.

Slot can make us a really attractive side that consistently ends between 3rd and 5th I think.

But with someone like him and our budget we cant expect Kane to stay, so we are best off cashing in during this summer. Sell to Bayern maybe for less than what we can get from an English rival would be my idea.

Just draw a line under it now and move on afresh.
I think in order for Slot's methods to work we need to get rid of a lot of players. From what I have read about him, it looks like he would do better with younger and/or fringe players. Which is actually the direction I think we should go in anyway. It was young, hungry players like that that gave us our 2015-2019 purple patch. Slot should be a natural for a squad like that.

The positives with Gallardo is that he can also get the more experienced players singing to his tune (as well as develop youngsters) and he has the experience of taking over at a once great club that was in the dumps and turning it around. And he doesn't strike me like the type of manager who would bolt after 1-2 seasons, for the reason I mentioned in my post above.

Of course both managers are risks, but they have the intangibles that I like in a manager and imo the best bets to succeed with us.

I think in order for Slot's methods to work we need to get rid of a lot of players. From what I have read about him, it looks like he would do better with younger and/or fringe players. Which is actually the direction I think we should go in anyway. It was young, hungry players like that that gave us our 2015-2019 purple patch. Slot should be a natural for a squad like that.

The positives with Gallardo is that he can also get the more experienced players singing to his tune (as well as develop youngsters) and he has the experience of taking over at a once great club that was in the dumps and turning it around. And he doesn't strike me like the type of manager who would bolt after 1-2 seasons, for the reason I mentioned in my post above.

Of course both managers are risks, but they have the intangibles that I like in a manager and imo the best bets to succeed with us.
Slot works with whoever he has
That’s what he has done so well at feynoord
He finds a way to maximise what he has
And he is all about football and attacking

Slot works with whoever he has
That’s what he has done so well at feynoord
He finds a way to maximise what he has
And he is all about football and attacking

He’d have a huge job on his hands with Dier and Sanchez. That said I think very low ceiling on both of them.

Interesting take on the manager search from Jack Pitt-Brooke on today’s View From the Lane podcast.

He believes that Poch is Levy’s ‘break glass in case of emergency’ appointment; he is happy to have him in the background in case things go really horribly wrong with Stellini over the next few weeks. If they do, he knows appointing Poch would immediately appease a lot of fan anger.

The obvious dangers, according to Pitt-Brooke, are that Levy spends too long weighing up other options and Poch goes elsewhere; or Poch becomes increasingly aware he’s not near the top of Levy’s preferred list and decides it’s not for him.

At which point it could get very difficult for Levy if we go on a bad run of results until the end of the season.

Could be complete gonad*s, of course.

The fact that it would mean Levy actually has a kind of plan makes me immediately suspicious…:D

Interesting take on the manager search from Jack Pitt-Brooke on today’s View From the Lane podcast.

He believes that Poch is Levy’s ‘break glass in case of emergency’ appointment; he is happy to have him in the background in case things go really horribly wrong with Stellini over the next few weeks. If they do, he knows appointing Poch would immediately appease a lot of fan anger.

The obvious dangers, according to Pitt-Brooke, are that Levy spends too long weighing up other options and Poch goes elsewhere; or Poch becomes increasingly aware he’s not near the top of Levy’s preferred list and decides it’s not for him.

At which point it could get very difficult for Levy if we go on a bad run of results until the end of the season.

Could be complete gonad*s, of course.

The fact that it would mean Levy actually has a kind of plan makes me immediately suspicious…:D

Probably. ;)

Back